Louisville (7) @ Kentucky (14) - 12/15/19 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Louisville (7) @ Kentucky (14) - 12/15/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Did they even have a timeout?

I feel like there was a timeout left, but not sure.

Someone indicated that the player should have just attacked the rim, but it didn't seem like it was a primary ball handler to me and she was being well defended.

Pulling up and getting to a better playmaker was the right call for her. I'm not sure if a timeout would have helped or hurt. It would have let the defense set and the chance of getting an open look off the secondary break was probably reasonably high.

Reaction Score
I feel like there was a timeout left, but not sure.

Someone indicated that the player should have just attacked the rim, but it didn't seem like it was a primary ball handler to me and she was being well defended.

Pulling up and getting to a better playmaker was the right call for her. I'm not sure if a timeout would have helped or hurt. It would have let the defense set and the chance of getting an open look off the secondary break was probably reasonably high.

UK had two timeouts but I've always been of the mindset you should get a better shot playing that situation out rather than calling the timeout; coaches practice special situations like that and end up with more controlled variables, i.e. you know the defense is scrambling and has to quickly find their player and communicate it. I am like some though in thinking it's strange in the three point era how infrequently players end up with a better shot than a rushed three pointer. I always thought you should get it to your best ballhandler and they just duck and go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom