Losing Club's Message Boards... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Losing Club's Message Boards...

Reaction Score
The Kentucky forum is pretty interesting right now

Whoa... They're totally done w/ Cal. Some of them are mentioning Hurley as a potential replacement.

Reaction Score
Redmen.com is the independent sju site that goes back 25+ years

I like their site. Many of their fans are true die-hards and there's a good level of basketball IQ there. That said, they really hate UConn and UConn fans. Almost palpable enough to get me to reach for a cold Pabst Blue Ribbon.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Redmen.com is the independent sju site that goes back 25+ years

I went there and made a couple of harmless and positive posts. I said they might be dancing this year and Rick will turn them around. They were also talking about Spencer, and I simply pointed out that we might not of had Spencer if Rick didn't tale Alleyne. And I thanked Rick for that :)

I've been banned, the reason, "being a UConn fan"

Geez, and I thought they were a reasoned board before that

Reaction Score
I went there and made a couple of harmless and positive posts. I said they might be dancing this year and Rick will turn them around. They were also talking about Spencer, and I simply pointed out that we might not of had Spencer if Rick didn't tale Alleyne. And I thanked Rick for that :)

I read what you wrote- seemed nice and as far from trolling as I can imagine. Their loss.

…and they accuse UConn fans of being classless when they have a guy talking about sleeping with UConn wives?? Think they need to look in the mirror

Reaction Score
Whoa... They're totally done w/ Cal. Some of them are mentioning Hurley as a potential replacement.
They’ve been saying that for some time.

No chance in hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

They’ve been saying that for some time.

No chance in hell.
I've heard this for a while now. Supposedly most of their fan base believes that all they need to do is make the offer and DH jumps to Lexington. They're a bit full of themselves.

Reaction Score
I've heard this for a while now. Supposedly most of their fan base believes that all they need to do is make the offer and DH jumps to Lexington. They're a bit full of themselves.
Hurley is at a school where he's won a title and may win back-to-back. So they ain't offering winning. So why does he go to Kentucky? Money? Sure, though I think we can make it essentially the same. Job security? They're trying to run out Cal who has a title, multiple Final Fours, and many deep runs. Whereas...Hurley is here until he wants to leave.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Hurley is at a school where he's won a title and may win back-to-back. So they ain't offering winning. So why does he go to Kentucky? Money? Sure, though I think we can make it essentially the same. Job security? They're trying to run out Cal who has a title, multiple Final Fours, and many deep runs. Whereas...Hurley is here until he wants to leave.
I don't believe he'll leave here, especially for a place like Kentucky. I was just pointing out that the fan base believes they can land him merely by offering. Thet's why I added the full of themselves comment.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The one guy saying he sleeps with all the UConn fans wife's and refuses to hire UConn grads is hilarious. It's such a caricature
Inadequacy makes you do weird stuff.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

I've never posted the exact same thing twice in a single thread before but here' goes....Inadequacy makes you do weird stuff. ;)

Reaction Score
Can we make the money essentially the same?

If they offer $10 mil a year (Cal is set to make $9 mil starting in the next year or two), can we really get it there? In a world where we also need NIL money?

Our revenue from what I can tell is around $59 mil and theirs is around $159 mil.

if we need our donors for NIL, can we really double our coaches salary? What if they offer $12 million?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

If they offer $10 mil a year (Cal is set to make $9 mil starting in the next year or two), can we really get it there? In a world where we also need NIL money?

Our revenue from what I can tell is around $59 mil and theirs is around $159 mil.

if we need our donors for NIL, can we really double our coaches salary?
I'd pony up $100 :)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He's out of touch with the modern state of college basketball. Jay Wright and others have exited because of NIL, portal, conference realignment etc. Why are you confident in Pitino doing it? Will he take the cheat until you get caught approach like Tarkanian did?
It is amazing those who cheated the most hate the new rules. Now they no longer have the edge it an even playing field. I mean you are about to pay this kid over $1M a year and we are going to get hung up about a $30k private plane ride. That to me is we’re the hypocrisy is out of control. But a cheater like Rick lost his greatest recruiting tool with the advent of NIL. Or just admitting you are playing the “blue chip” players.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It's nice to see every fanbase has their crazies. I'm genuinely impressed that they have this much interest still. Most boards are dead besides this one and a few others.

The one guy saying he sleeps with all the UConn fans wife's and refuses to hire UConn grads is hilarious. It's such a caricature
I'll place heavy odds that the only 'girl' he's every slept with is a blow-up doll.

Reaction Score
I think most Kentucky fans know this, they're the most knowledgeable fanbase in my experience.
Screenshot_20240204_104407_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score

if we need our donors for NIL, can we really double our coaches salary? What if they offer $12 million?

I think Hurley has now brought enough of our NBA-rich MBB alum back into the fold and has them "bought in" such that they could collectively pool enough money to keep Hurley here. Some of our alum probably earn 2+ million in interest on just their savings accounts per year. Drop in the bucket.

Reaction Score
Anyone who knows Hurley knows he wouldn’t jump ship from UConn/BE/northeast very easily. To me that just means they’re spitballing coaches they think are elite. I’ll take it as a compliment lol

Agreed that it won’t be easy, and i’m not suggesting it will happen, but if I’m kentucky, post Cal, Hurley is the guy that I’m going after and throwing a ridiculous amount of money to get him. Such a move is def coming if Hurley is still our coach.

Reaction Score
He's out of touch with the modern state of college basketball. Jay Wright and others have exited because of NIL, portal, conference realignment etc. Why are you confident in Pitino doing it? Will he take the cheat until you get caught approach like Tarkanian did?

It’s getting harder to cheat now because of NIL. Grades or going to class are no longer an issue. Getting arrested is a 50/50 proposition. Maybe the Pitino/Ville recruiting approach might get a coach suspended for a few games. Cheating also a short suspension For the coach.

Reaction Score
both Duke and Kentucky will come a-knocking when it is time.

Reaction Score
both Duke and Kentucky will come a-knocking when it is time.
Duke is the one that's a little more frightening because of his connection with K and his brother's time there.

Kentucky and Duke are both more historic programs and are exceptional places. The thing is I have a hard time thinking the New Jersey in Hurley has him go to Lexington. Duke and the state of New Jersey, though? More likely. We'll see, though. He might not bite, and there might be other targets.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Duke is the one that's a little more frightening because of his connection with K and his brother's time there.

Kentucky and Duke are both more historic programs and are exceptional places. The thing is I have ahard time thinking the New Jersey in Hurley has him go to Lexington. Duke and the state of New Jersey, though? More likely. We'll see, though. He might not bite, and there might be other targets.
Better than that, can you pict Andrea being happy living as a southerner?

Reaction Score

Kentucky and Duke are both more historic programs and are exceptional places. The thing is I have a hard time thinking the New Jersey in Hurley has him go to Lexington. Duke and the state of New Jersey, though? More likely. We'll see, though. He might not bite, and there might be other targets.
UConn is a better program than either of them, only place he would possibly leave for is the NBA but it would have to be the right job at the right time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom