looks like official visit to uconn: Oct. 10-12th by Melvin Swift | Page 2 | The Boneyard

looks like official visit to uconn: Oct. 10-12th by Melvin Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is his listed weight? Looks rail thin, but he can really get up it seems.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
JC was fine with it. I remember Marcus pretending to take pictures after a dunk by Rudy at the Carrier Dome .... Rip and Free bowing to each other ... If anything KO seems like he's going to tighten that stuff up, but JC let them have fun.
Exactly. KO doesn't want this! I have no problems with it but KO's preference is the salient point.

Reaction Score
Backup plan to Robinson? Would one preclude the other?

At this point, who starts at the 4 next year, assuming Daniels is gone?

Reaction Score
Get over it. These are competitive kids. You know nothing about what was going on in that game. If you watch the video closely you can see that all the clips where he clapped and celebrated excessively were against one particular team. Could be a rivalry or very close tight knit game. Did you see how into it the fans were? He was caught up in the moment and enjoying the game. I would rather have someone be overly passionate and care rather than someone be lethargic out there like Marcus Williams used to be.

absolutely, you can teach a kid to reel in his "heart", but the worst is to have no emotion and heart. Jerome Dyson was basically a robot and that always upset me. AJ Price had the heart for the rest of the team the same way Kemba did in 2011. Jeremy Lamb barely has a pulse, without Kemba there to amp him up, he'd fall asleep by halftime most games

Reaction Score
absolutely, you can teach a kid to reel in his "heart", but the worst is to have no emotion and heart. Jerome Dyson was basically a robot and that always upset me. AJ Price had the heart for the rest of the team the same way Kemba did in 2011. Jeremy Lamb barely has a pulse, without Kemba there to amp him up, he'd fall asleep by halftime most games

Wow, Dyson seemed to me one of the most intense kids we've had in awhile.

Reaction Score
A little update. I've been direct messaging back and forth with Swift today. Very nice, polite kid. I told him how well his athleticism would fit with Purvis and Hamilton. He just wrote back saying it's going to be "great with the three of us together". Take all this with a grain of salt obviously but I think he's extremely interested in us and might accept being a rotation guy.

Reaction Score

Dyson played hard - not always smart, but hard. Lamb's cool demeanor probably was what helped him knock down some real big-time shots as a freshman.

Emeka, Ben, Donyell, Smitty, Rudy and Ray were mostly stoic (as were Doron and Nadav). Khalid, Rashad, Kemba and Caron were emotional.

No one thing works for everyone.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Dyson played hard - not always smart, but hard. Lamb's cool demeanor probably was what helped him knock down some real big-time shots as a freshman.

Emeka, Ben, Donyell, Smitty, Rudy and Ray were mostly stoic (as were Doron and Nadav). Khalid, Rashad, Kemba and Caron were emotional.

Well, except for Steely Dan and Chicken Marsala.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

Dyson left everything on the court. Even his front tooth.

Reaction Score
A little update. I've been direct messaging back and forth with Swift today. Very nice, polite kid. I told him how well his athleticism would fit with Purvis and Hamilton. He just wrote back saying it's going to be "great with the three of us together". Take all this with a grain of salt obviously but I think he's extremely interested in us and might accept being a ration guy.
Just a quick question...Are there rules that say fans/boosters aren't supposed to contact potential recruits? Just being cautious. I don't know the answer.

Reaction Score
Knowing the NCAA's attitude towards UConn, a poster on a UConn board saying he contacted a recruit would be enough evidence for a 5 year suspension!!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Seems like it is a violation, but almost impossible to police.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/tweeting-recruits-ncaa-violation/
Not sure, but I thought the NCAA rules regarding twitter and facebook communication had changed recently. Emailing a recruit is definitely a violation, but others may not be now. Just thought I read that somewhere this past summer -- but can't remember...
Never mind... I must have read something that was incorrect or misremembered. Looks like tweeting a recruit to attend your school is definitely a violation. Sorry about that.

Reaction Score
Never mind... I must have read something that was incorrect or misremembered. Looks like tweeting a recruit to attend your school is definitely a violation. Sorry about that.

What if I hate my school? What I got a degree at one school and a second degree at a school whose sports teams I hated? What if I pretended to be an alum from another school? What if I took one class at a school, got a refund after dropping out the first week, just so I could trigger NCAA penalties against the school I hated?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
What if I hate my school? What I got a degree at one school and a second degree at a school whose sports teams I hated? What if I pretended to be an alum from another school? What if I took one class at a school, got a refund after dropping out the first week, just so I could trigger NCAA penalties against the school I hated?
For that reason, I don't think it's enforceable for the average fan. I think if Uncle Phil were out there tweeting at recruits to consider Oregon, then maybe there's something to that. Not sure what the rule really is or should be.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's definitely a violation.

If you're beyond college age and you've tweeted a recruit, there is something wrong with you.

The NCAA cannot possibly police Twitter - they'd have to be the NSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom