OT: - Look on the bright side - at least you don't live in Oregon | The Boneyard

OT: Look on the bright side - at least you don't live in Oregon

Reaction Score
Some Oregonians in Panic Mode After Law Allowing Motorists to Pump Their Own Gas Takes Effect

In another example of craptacular government Oregon has started allowing motorists to pump their own gas. That's right, they can now PUMP THEIR OWN GASOLINE! Oh, the humanity. Obviously some Oregonians are rightly upset by all of this. "The pumping of gas should be left to the professionals!" they say. No really, that was a direct quote.

I give it a week before Oregon goes up in flames from all the newbs trying to pump their own gas. A week. Mark it down.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some Oregonians in Panic Mode After Law Allowing Motorists to Pump Their Own Gas Takes Effect

In another example of craptacular government Oregon has started allowing motorists to pump their own gas. That's right, they can now PUMP THEIR OWN GASOLINE! Oh, the humanity. Obviously some Oregonians are rightly upset by all of this. "The pumping of gas should be left to the professionals!" they say. No really, that was a direct quote.

I give it a week before Oregon goes up in flames from all the newbs trying to pump their own gas. A week. Mark it down.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Have these people never rented a car in another state?

The hand-wringing over this is hilarious. People are seriously concerned about exploding.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Some trivia for you: the dork in green is none other than Alexander Skarsgard, star of True Blood and Big Little Lies, son of Stellan Skarsgard, and brother of Bill "Pennywise" Skarsgard. I only realized that the other night when Zoolander was on.

Reaction Score
New Jersey is the only state I know of where they still pump gas for you. There must be others.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

LOL, that is funny. I used to live there. However they did the windshields, check your oil. Lived outside of Portland. New Jersey is the same?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some trivia for you: the dork in green is none other than Alexander Skarsgard, star of True Blood and Big Little Lies, son of Stellan Skarsgard, and brother of Bill "Pennywise" Skarsgard. I only realized that the other night when Zoolander was on.

Yeah, I knew that the first time I saw Zoolander. He buffed out for True Blood. Saw Bill in Atomic Blonde last night. They also have a brother Gustaf, who has a big role in Vikings and is slated to be in Westworld in season 2.

Reaction Score
New Jersey is the only state I know of where they still pump gas for you. There must be others.
Nope. And then there was one. Only the Garden State prohibits self serve gas.

Reaction Score
They pump the gas in jersey and it’s cheaper than Ct. BTW, gas in arizona right now is $2.03

Reaction Score
My brother lives in Oregon. I've never not pumped my own gas. I must just be addicted to that bad boy life.

Reaction Score
I've lived in NJ for most of my life. I HATE that I can't pump my own gas! I don't care about any cost savings, and I'm not trying to get someone fired, but I find the need to gas up my car one of life's annoyances, and non-self-serve takes longer.

I did a cross country trip and needed gas in Oregon. I started pumping and the attendant comes running out screaming at me that I can't pump my own. I explained that I wasn't from Oregon. He saw my plates and continued to berate me that I should know better because I'm from NJ. After explaining that I didn't research the gas regulations of every state before my trip, he told me that OR sends around inspectors to try to pump their own gas, and if they are able to pump they fine that station.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They pump the gas in jersey and it’s cheaper than Ct. BTW, gas in arizona right now is $2.03
Not anymore, NJ just had a big gas tax hike.

They are considering moving to pump your own. Sign me up. I'm not a big fan of waiting for the attendant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom