LOL at this tweet...re: Toby Kimball | The Boneyard

LOL at this tweet...re: Toby Kimball

Reaction Score
I saw this too and was going to comment that he was a UConn grad, but thought better of it. Not the visual our program needs.....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For a time, he had one of the biggest fan clubs in pro basketball. I remember when his sweats were stolen and held for ransom.

Reaction Score
1st Uconn game I saw had Toby and another big kid Ed Slomcenski from Naugatuck. Toby averaged 20&17 that year. Was in the old field house where they had rope nets at each end of the court so the players wouldn't get hurt.
First game as a kid in the old Field House. UConn v. Manhatttan. Toby was playing. Sat behind the basket and the netting. He was a rebounding beast. He was a good friend of Bill Russell. Toby played one season with Russell on the Celtics.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
1st Uconn game I saw had Toby and another big kid Ed Slomcenski from Naugatuck. Toby averaged 20&17 that year. Was in the old field house where they had rope nets at each end of the court so the players wouldn't get hurt.
Post/Avatar

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Led the nation in Boards..21/game .. At 6'8''.. Not bad.. Why Red drafted him.. His NBA career would have had a different story line if he hadn't blown out a knee..
Way before my time but his trajectory looked good in Season 2.

Did he get a ring with the Cs?

Reaction Score
Way before my time but his trajectory looked good in Season 2.

Did he get a ring with the Cs?
Would be guessing.. Don't know.. Red wasn't throwin' rings around like coaches/organizations today do.. If you got drafted by the C's.. Red saw something good about your game. He didn't "waste" picks.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Super 70s Sports is a great follow. He recycles some stuff but he induces a lot of chuckles.

Reaction Score
I remember how UConn got jobbed by the NCAA in 1965. They put us in a bracket with #3 ranked St. Josephs at the Palestra.

Toby had 21 points and 29 rebounds (20 in the first half) and we lead by 7 at the half. We were thinking it's in the bag till they outscored us 41-28 in the second half. Lots of questionable calls in St. Josephs favor but why not it was a home game for them and according to the rules the game should not have been played on a "home" court.

Our three best guards, Bialosuknia, Ritter and Penders all had poor shooting games but Toby almost did it singlehandedly as we only lost by six.

Reaction Score
I remember how UConn got jobbed by the NCAA in 1965. They put us in a bracket with #3 ranked St. Josephs at the Palestra.

Toby had 21 points and 29 rebounds (20 in the first half) and we lead by 7 at the half. We were thinking it's in the bag till they outscored us 41-28 in the second half. Lots of questionable calls in St. Josephs favor but why not it was a home game for them and according to the rules the game should not have been played on a "home" court.

Our three best guards, Bialosuknia, Ritter and Penders all had poor shooting games but Toby almost did it singlehandedly as we only lost by six.
I was at that game and through my rose colored glasses it appeared that they allowed Matt Guokas to manhandle Wes B. Toby was a rebounding machine!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom