Live Post-game Press Conferences | The Boneyard

Live Post-game Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody getting the SNY TV news conferences and postgame show? They just tweeted that, but all I'm getting is baseball.

Reaction Score
McBride an absolute mess right now. Can't help but feel for her...

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the link for the interviews.

McBride too upset to respond to questions. Skylar steps up to field them instead.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Absolutely these interviews are incredibly tough after big game losses.

Reaction Score
Wow! Muffet says her players looked nervous coming out. They were supposed to be the ones with the confidence and without UConn in their heads.

Reaction Score
You gotta feel for Kayla McBride. After Skylar made the statement of how she feels about her team and her experience at ND, Kayla lost it. She couldn't answer the question posed to her, and Skylar took charge, asking the press to give Kayla a minute, and then just offered herself up for another question. Skylar did break down at the end, she wouldn't be human if she didn't.

I still don't like ND, but it is hard not to feel a little sympathy for the players.

Reaction Score
You gotta feel for Kayla McBride. After Skylar made the statement of how she feels about her team and her experience at ND, Kayla lost it. She couldn't answer the question posed to her, and Skylar took charge, asking the press to give Kayla a minute, and then just offered herself up for another question. Skylar did break down at the end, she wouldn't be human if she didn't.

I still don't like ND, but it is hard not to feel a little sympathy for the players.
No, it really isn't.

Reaction Score

Skylar really stepped up like she must have been all year, you could see the dynamics working there.

Reaction Score
Kelly handling herself like a senior; Stewie still celebrating a bit like a freshman. Geno is Geno. :)

Reaction Score
McGraw was crying earlier too. Good on Skylar to step up and help out McBride.

Did you see Skylar blow off Holly Rowe for an interview before the half? She directed her to talk with McBride. Guess it's turnabout fair play for her to take over after the damage is done .........

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Absolutely these interviews are incredibly tough after big game losses.

Yes it is.... I think the most difficult ive seen is Sharnee Zoll after UVA lost to ODU in the 2nd round in 2008. It wasnt a "big" game, but it was her last as a Senior. They almost had to carry her out she was so distraught :(

Though I hate MD with a passion that UCONN fans hate ND, I even have some sympathy for the turtle players. I remember when Marissa Coleman and MD lost to Louisville in the 2009 Elite 8. Though Coleman was a thorn in Duke's side for 4 years.... seeing her on the sidelines as the game was ending was very difficult.... I definitely felt sympathy for her.

Reaction Score
I loved the press conference with Geno. Kelly and Breanna did a nice job but I always love Geno's honesty and his communicative skills. There was a final question that he allowed a girl to sneak in and I loved his response. He said what I've said right along. It was much less that Notre Dame beat us the previous 3 games and more that Connecticut LOST. He talked about the distinction because UConn didn't do the little things it had done all game long in those losses and instead gave the games to Notre Dame. He suggested physical and mental errors that aren't ordinarily UConn characteristics that had NOTHING to do with Notre Dame's defense nor anything to do with Notre Dame's offense. UConn was in control to win all three games and instead LOST THEM.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see the Cal press conference was only about 4 minutes long... and was just the Coach. Did they have the players interview and just not show it ?? The UGA press conference in the Elite 8 was the same way.. just showed Landers for about 4-5 minutes. On the UGA site, they showed the full 12 minutes.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Said Breanna's performance was right up there with the all time greats and was certainly the best performance by any Uconn player as a freshman. He recalled Kara's 31 against Stanford as a sophomore.

Reaction Score
It is a fact that one must win as one must lose. I feel that we are blessed by so many here whom can express so much compassion for the players and coaches of Notre Dame who played their hearts out and lost so much tonight, we must move on now to the buzz-saw from Louisville. Go UConn!

Reaction Score
I was impressed by the way Diggins handled the loss. Starting with the handshake line, her discussion with Geno and carrying right through to the interview. Classy. I don't blame her for the half-time interview blow off. Her focus was on the game.

Reaction Score
At one point Muffet referred to Breanna as the "best player on the floor"....and then quickly caught herself, stating she was the best player on the UCONN team. She was right the first time. I can't think of any player on either team who was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom