Liv with the Buzzer-Beater | The Boneyard

Liv with the Buzzer-Beater

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yes, that was a good play, but I've been disappointed by her level of play overall with the Sun. She seems to have reverted to her college habits of not being able to hold onto rebounds and steals. She is playing alert defense and making cuts to the basket, but she is not being good at taking care of the ball. Even when a teammate hits her with a pass under the basket, she is as likely to give it up as to score or get fouled.

Reaction Score
Yes, that was a good play, but I've been disappointed by her level of play overall with the Sun. She seems to have reverted to her college habits of not being able to hold onto rebounds and steals. She is playing alert defense and making cuts to the basket, but she is not being good at taking care of the ball. Even when a teammate hits her with a pass under the basket, she is as likely to give it up as to score or get fouled.

Can we please get the dislike button back

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder how DiJonai and Liv are getting along. There was some deep resentment after the no-call controversy in the Elite Eight a couple years back. Everything seems ok, though. I guess time heals all wounds.

It's interesting that while both have shown modest improvement as pros, they are essentially the same players they were at the end of their D1 careers.

DiJonai is a dog on defense, physical as ever, and a high energy player at all times. She tends to be out of control alot on offense, despite the occasional 3-ball or athletic finish.

No need to critique Liv... it's all been said and she's carved out a marketable role in the W. Good on her.

They both are pretty good bench players, which is valuable is a league that runs with 11 active players most of the time.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Some of you apparently considered my critique of Liv's performance with the Sun this year (post #2 in this thread) to be unduly harsh. I continue to believe that it was accurate at the time, BUT ...

I was at today's Sun game against the Chicago Sky, and I must acknowledge that this was Liv's best performance to date in a Sun uniform. She played 15 minutes off the bench, scored 4 points, had 6 rebounds (including 3 offensive rebounds), 1 steal, and 1 assist. She got a few heavily contested rebounds, and did finish a couple of chances when teammates hit her with a pass down low. So this definitely represents improvement over her recent past performance, and I think the coaches recognized it by giving her 15 minutes of playing time.

Now that Brionna Jones is out for the season with an Achilles tear, Liv will be very much needed if the Sun are to have continued success. In the two victories this week without Breezy, the Sun have benefitted from really good 3-point shooting, but that is not their forte as a team, and it's not going to be there in every game. Liv will never (at least not this year) have the post moves and footwork that Bri has, but if she can match the rebounding and perhaps offer better rim protection on defense, she may be able to offer similar productivity.

As a Sun fan, I certainly hope that she can.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Some of you apparently considered my critique of Liv's performance with the Sun this year (post #2 in this thread) to be unduly harsh. I continue to believe that it was accurate at the time, BUT ...

As a Sun fan, I certainly hope that she can.
Hey Joe, I'm with you. She's still doing that pivot that takes her away from the hoop when if she goes the other way, it's a lay-up. I would love her to step up. I just don't think she's good enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom