Lisa Bluder retires (merged) | The Boneyard

Lisa Bluder retires (merged)

Reaction Score
Can Iowa WBB players enter the portal now and get an exception to play next season? I'm wondering if the team knew before the deadline (not that it's any of my business).

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Wow--didn't see this coming with all the attention on Iowa women's basketball right now and their fan support. They had a solid roster lined up for next year too and Bluder was recruiting well.

Heck of a career for Lisa, she's Iowa royalty and her standout teams will not be forgotten anytime soon. I hope she enjoys retirement.

Reaction Score
Can Iowa WBB players enter the portal now and get an exception to play next season? I'm wondering if the team knew before the deadline (not that it's any of my business).
They will get 30 days of an open Portal but I would guess this was discussed before anyone signed.

Reaction Score
This is quite a surprise. She really did an amazing job of coaching Iowa and specifically Caitlin Clark. It is always quite a surprise when someone who has been around the game as long as she has decides to call it quits, especially at this point in the year. The transition for them will be like CD taking over for Geno which is as smooth has you could possibly make it.

Reaction Score
I ain't mad at Coach Bluder. It has been an amazing run. 24 years at Iowa and 10 years at Drake. She kept Iowa women's basketball in the spotlight and took that program to new heights. 5 Conference titles during her run in the Big Ten. 9-10 Big Ten tournament titles. Great run, Coach Bluder. Enjoy your well deserved retirement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom