2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not totally sold that McNeely is the way to go. Not sure about his quickness, etc but will defer to anyone that has seen his displayed BBIQ. Maybe he's similar to Karaban?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'm not totally sold that McNeely is the way to go. Not sure about his quickness, etc but will defer to anyone that has seen his displayed BBIQ. Maybe he's similar to Karaban?
He holds offers from nearly every school in the country. He was the most efficient player on the circuit, shooting 52% from 3. Athleticism is fine at 6’7 for the college level. Prototypical 3 with some small ball 4 abilities. He would probably slide into Castles spot. Here he is going off on our 2023 freshman in 2022 in front of Hurley. Followed by a more recent clip, he’s clearly improved…

Reaction Score
I haven't watched one second of film but he's a consensus top 15 5* recruit that the staff is high on, that should be more than enough for us to be very confident in his potential.

Reaction Score
Yes, similar to Karaban in that he is tremendous at cutting and knowing what to do with the basketball. He shoots the lights out and is 6’6”. Not an athletic freak by any means but still capable of playing above the rim. He’s my #1 want for next years team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's a 5 star, can shoot, plays for the high school basketball national champs Monteverde and his initials aren't C.F. I'm sold.
He had a bad game in that final. If that game was his typical play Pass. So hopefully others have seen better play from him.

BTW Abraham had a great game in that final albeit he was asked to guard Flagg.

Reaction Score
He had a bad game in that final. If that game was his typical play Pass. So hopefully others have seen better play from him.

Would you - based on the one game viewing - rate him as a 5-star?

Then that game wasn't indicative of his general level of play. The fact that he starts for Montverde speaks volumes. They have a McDonald American coming off the bench.

Reaction Score

Wouldn't be a 5 star McDonalds All-American if that was his typical play. It was one game. His team is also a lot like UConn in there is a lot of balance 1 thru 6 players on the roster. Different guy every game.

Reaction Score
is this a pipedream or do we have an actual shot with this kid
According to Jay Bilas we are the preeminent program in college basketball since the days of UCLA. Not only are we a blue blood, we are the bluest of the bluebloods. People on this board better get used to it. A better question would be, is it a pipe dream for him that we are recruiting him?

Reaction Score
Number 14, big wing dead eye shooter. We are clearly beyond spoiled

Reaction Score
You would think UConn and Hurley should be able to get whoever they want at this point, being at the top with a chance to repeat. I mean I'm biased but come on? I guess there are other variables with NIL, false promises, etc.
Obviously they can’t get everyone they want otherwise half the guys they wanted would not be at duke

Reaction Score
We actually have a shot. Hurley wouldn’t be following his family on socials if we didn’t.
Especially if we can beat out Kentucky with their head coach’s relation…oh wait, never mind.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Would you - based on the one game viewing - rate him as a 5-star?

Then that game wasn't indicative of his general level of play. The fact that he starts for Montverde speaks volumes. They have a McDonald American coming off the bench.
I get there are off games. Was hoping someone watched some real games and could tell me what they saw. I know the one game I watched is not the basis of selecting a player but the game I watched he was literally the worst player on the court.

So he must have great games and I’m hoping others in this forum have watched them and could comment what they’ve seen.

Reaction Score
Agreed. We're past the "Wow, he's considering us!" stage in recruiting. We will be the ones choosing now.
I want to see this attitude with Dybantsa in the coming months. I would add the Boozer twins, but that might be pushing it.

Reaction Score
Dan wants him. So I want him
To be fair, Dan also wanted Timberlake and Diggins. That's absolutely not a shot at DH's recruiting because he's hit the jackpot way more times than he hasn't by bringing in guys like Newton, Clingan, Karaban, Spencer, Joey California, and the list goes on and on. I think McNeeley will be a stud, but the point is that you never actually know if these kids are going to end up being good enough or not and you're never going to bat 1.000 when it comes to this stuff.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
To be fair, Dan also wanted Timberlake and Diggins. That's absolutely not a shot at DH's recruiting because he's hit the jackpot way more times than he hasn't by bringing in guys like Newton, Clingan, Karaban, Spencer, Joey California, and the list goes on and on. I think McNeeley will be a stud, but the point is that you never actually know if these kids are going to end up being good enough or not and you're never going to bat 1.000 when it comes to this stuff.
Two National Championship in a row and has done a great job at UConn. I will leave it to him and the staff as they know way more than we do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom