dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Diarra-----Nowell
McNeeley-Ball
Stewart----Ross
Karaban---Roumeglou
Transfer---Johnson

i had Ball penciled in as a starter but he's lost his spot in the rotation to Stew. Can McNeeley and Stew be our starting wings? that would be a giant lineup.
Almost NBA-ish. ;)

Reaction Score
Imagine playing a lineup of Clingan and four dead-eye three point shooters? Golden State of college basketball.

Reaction Score
J
I can't tell if this is a purposefully terrible post or not.

Ball is not a PG. He's never played the 1, clearly doesn't have the level of handles and IQ. He's averaging less than 1 assists PER FORTY MINUTES for God's sake.

You're also ignoring the 5-star PG recruit we have.

Castle is 6'6.
Setting aside the snark.

The starting lineup he has listed has Diarra as the starter, not Nowell. I was responding to his post where he advocated for starting Diarra and two jumbo wings as not having enough ball handling. Nowell has nothing to do with that lineup.

Yes, I was wrong to say Ball is a 1. However, Ball definitely is a better ballhandler/guard than Stewart, and it doesn't change my overall point at all that their overlap this year with the rise and fall of minutes only happened because of Castle.

Sorry I inflated Castle's height by two inches as well.

Reaction Score
Diarra-----Nowell
McNeeley-Ball
Stewart----Ross
Karaban---Roumeglou
Transfer---Johnson

i had Ball penciled in as a starter but he's lost his spot in the rotation to Stew. Can McNeeley and Stew be our starting wings? that would be a giant lineup.
Is Roumeglou closer to a big guard than a true 4?

When he comes in he's handling the ball and running offense. We just see it in very short instances. I feel like he would be even more over matched on defense against a true 4 than Karaban.

Reaction Score
Castle is 6'6" but what's a couple inches? That's what she said....not.
In their defense, I do believe Castle is closer to Karaban than he is to Newton. Angles matter, but there was a huddle where Castle towered over Newton. One of the highlight videos captured it at the right moment.

Reaction Score
Schools in contact...Uconn???? I thought we did not get involved in the Portal until our year was done? Don't get me wrong, I think the coaching staff has no choice but to act now, but that post confused me, because DH was adamant that his staff was focused on the tourney.

Reaction Score
Schools in contact...Uconn???? I thought we did not get involved in the Portal until our year was done? Don't get me wrong, I think the coaching staff has no choice but to act now, but that post confused me, because DH was adamant that his staff was focused on the tourney.
Not the portal, he will be an incoming Freshman.

Reaction Score
He said in an interview the other day that he had talked with Tom Moore who Hurley labeled the team's "GM" about the roster next year and NIL.

Reaction Score
He said in an interview the other day that he had talked with Tom Moore who Hurley labeled the team's "GM" about the roster next year and NIL.
But did Tom review the course catalog with him?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I was reading the Athletic‘s scouting report, this paragraph caught my attention.

McNeely’s feel for the game is outstanding. He moves exceptionally well without the ball and knows how to come off of screens to create open looks across all three levels depending on how the defense plays him. He’s a sharp passer within the flow of the offense even if he’s not a particularly adept shot creator on his own off the bounce. I also think he’s fairly underrated on defense, where his general basketball IQ and willingness to be physical allow him to play above his physical athletic tools.

Dan Hurley create-a-player.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
I am not against the portal at all to fill in gaps like we have, especially with untested freshmen, but we have 3 well regarded freshmen who will be sophmores that if we portal recruit over, someone will definitely leave. If somehow we got Liam, and I agree we need a decent backup center, I think that should be it for the portal (also assuming AK stays). I am willing to have a "down" year, at least first half of the year, to let the 3 then sophomores to develop more. I think we would be a top 20 team by the end of the season and be a threat in the tournament. Too much portal over recruits would damage culture I believe.
How many portal gets did we have last year????? did not seem to hurt the culture.. In Hurley we should trust to bring in portal players who he feels fit the culture and will pay the price to be a team first player

Reaction Score
As I've said multiple times on the Yard, you supplement your roster and fill holes (often unplanned due to kids going pro etc. that leaves you in a bind with your high school recruiting) through the portal, you shouldn't use it as your main roster building strategy.

Reaction Score
Work a little harder on the trolling.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Reaction Score
What position would he play next year if he picked uconn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom