2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Michigan is not UConn on the basketball hierarchy, and their roster stinks.

And FWIW, I went on the Michigan server on Trilly’s discord and asked about him and they said he’s UConn bound. No clue what they know but if it were true that their insiders were saying Michigan bound, they would know that
Fwiw, the 247 board says they lead as of 24 hours ago. I’m not sure the credibility Trilly’s server has but the guy on 247 is a paid staff member and insider.

Here’s the exact quote:

McNeeley - Michigan was considered by many, including Trilly Donovan and myself, to be the leader. Nothing to suggest they aren't at the top, but competing with UConn, Arkansas, and Alabama will be very tough. Still watching for a visit, if/when it happens, Michigan will be a serious player.

Reaction Score
Let’s not do this. Michigan is a serious program. Ann Arbor is a great college town. If his family is in Indiana it will be far easier to see many of his games
He’s from Texas not Indiana. Has no scheduled visits other than UConn. Have not seen a peep out of Trilly on him favoring UM.

If he’s going UM it will be for reasons outside of development and winning. Maybe B10 experience, Ann Arbor or $$. May is just coming off a mid major. Michigan is a FB first school that just came off an embarrassment of a coach and situation.

May had one really great year at FAU. Then he got knocked out the first round with the same roster. If you’re sending your kid to that over Hurley, it’s not for anything other than NIL.

That said, he chose IU at one point, whose only advantage on anything is NIL. It just got bad enough there that it wasn’t enough. So clearly it’s meaningful to him.

Reaction Score
Fwiw, the 247 board says they lead as of 24 hours ago. I’m not sure the credibility Trilly’s server has but the guy on 247 is a paid staff member and insider.

Here’s the exact quote:

McNeeley - Michigan was considered by many, including Trilly Donovan and myself, to be the leader. Nothing to suggest they aren't at the top, but competing with UConn, Arkansas, and Alabama will be very tough. Still watching for a visit, if/when it happens, Michigan will be a serious player.
The quote just doesn't even make sense. How can you be the leader when you don't even have a visit? And if you get a visit you'll be a serious player? Sounds like more like trying to make up ground to me.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The quote just doesn't even make sense. How can you be the leader when you don't even have a visit? And if you get a visit you'll be a serious player? Sounds like more like trying to make up ground to me.
Yeah I had the same question, but the guy has been spot on with Michigan basketball info this offseason.

Including saying that they would be able to get Wolfe and Goldin together early. But I agree the Liam stuff just doesn’t make sense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sorry if already posted,

Michigan staff member and Trilly seem to think they lead heading into the visits.

Michigan in general has been on fire on the recruiting trail with Dusty.
where did trilly say this?

Reaction Score
He’s from Texas not Indiana. Has no scheduled visits other than UConn. Have not seen a peep out of Trilly on him favoring UM.

If he’s going UM it will be for reasons outside of development and winning. Maybe B10 experience, Ann Arbor or $$. May is just coming off a mid major. Michigan is a FB first school that just came off an embarrassment of a coach and situation.

May had one really great year at FAU. Then he got knocked out the first round with the same roster. If you’re sending your kid to that over Hurley, it’s not for anything other than NIL.

That said, he chose IU at one point, whose only advantage on anything is NIL. It just got bad enough there that it wasn’t enough. So clearly it’s meaningful to him.
So, he could pick Michigan and still be a serious person. Glad we agree.

Reaction Score
Just watched the 2nd half of Jordan Brand Classic. McNeely was one of the best 5 overall players on a court full of all stars, absolutely deadly catch and shoot. Great size. As others have mentioned, perfect for our offense. Would be such a fantastic get. As an aside, Dylan Harper is a baller. Had 30 and the game winner.

Reaction Score
I finally bit the bullet on his discord, not seeing anything about Liam, besides a couple michigan fans who think he's ours.

In one of the first discussions on Liam once he had opened it up, Trilly mentioned Michigan was in good position but that was 2 weeks ago and there has never been any discussion that referred to them as the leader.

Reaction Score
Beautiful spring weather is on tap for Monday's visit!

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 8.49.29 PM.jpg

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Guy hosted a spaces tonight and double downed on Michigan being players here and expected that they get him on campus (around 35 min mark)

Good luck to them on hoping Liam makes it off our campus without shutting it down.

Reaction Score
Think about this.

If Karaban returns one of McNeeley or Stewart will be coming off of our bench.

Thats also not mentioning Jayden Ross. Insane how versatile we’d be

Reaction Score
My concern level for Michigan is about as high as my concern level was for Purdue…not high.

Reaction Score
Think about this.

If Karaban returns one of McNeeley or Stewart will be coming off of our bench.

Thats also not mentioning Jayden Ross. Insane how versatile we’d be
Another poster keeps trying to slot McNeeley at the 2 and Stewart starting 3.

Stewart looked slim and athletic this season like he'd have the lateral agility to defend other 2 guards. I think that'd be the only way they both start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom