Legendary player quotes | The Boneyard

Legendary player quotes

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
“They thought they had a chance to win, they did not” might be the funniest player quote we’ve gotten out of our guys that I can remember. Has a chance to go down as legendary if we make a FF run.

Do we have a running list of all time player quotes?

Shabazz, “This is what happens when you ban us,” “Hungry huskies” stuff was legendary.

Okwandu, “I love my/this team.”

Let’s exclude coaches from this conversation, since we know Calhoun had some gems, and Hurleys “get us now, cause we’re coming” is obviously well known at this point. Let’s stick to players for this one.

Reaction Score
“They thought they had a chance to win, they did not” might be the funniest player quote we’ve gotten out of our guys that I can remember. Has a chance to go down as legendary if we make a FF run.

Do we have a running list of all time player quotes?

Shabazz, “This is what happens when you ban us,” “Hungry huskies” stuff was legendary.

Okwandu, “I love my/this team.”

Let’s exclude coaches from this conversation, since we know Calhoun had some gems, and Hurleys “get us now, cause we’re coming” is obviously well known at this point. Let’s stick to players for this one.
Kevin Ollie vs nova at the half “ we gonna win this game”

You can hate him but he had a ton of quotes.
Can’t forget “not a dime”and “hit ‘em” by saint Jim.

Whatever el-Amin said in Pittsburgh

We shocked the world - kea

Reaction Score
Even better is what he said in the pregame interview in the tunnel. “We plan to shock the world today”
Thats the first time I ever heard that said from anyone. Now you hear it all the time. Was that the first time anyone said "Shock the world" with regard to sports.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My signature :p Howie Dickenman confirmed it is accurately quoted, uttered to a beat reporter in 1983 or 1984

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie vs nova at the half “ we gonna win this game”

You can hate him but he had a ton of quotes.
Can’t forget “not a dime”and “hit ‘em” by saint Jim.

Whatever el-Amin said in Pittsburgh

We shocked the world - kea
Also, "right here, in this room, we have enough" by Ollie at his press conference after being announced as the interim coach. Those guys he was talking about ended up making up pretty much the entire 2014 NC team.

Reaction Score
Tyler Olander: "I have more championships than Jim Boeheim!"

I believe he said that in one of his raps, but, to be honest, his rapping skills were so bad I didn't really listen for more than a second or two.
That line us 3:36 seconds in so I don’t believe you.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun at 99 championship celebration in Gampel: “We returned to Storrs [after 1990 NCAA Tournament] to mend our broken heart. Well, yesterday, we kicked some ass and broke some hearts.”

Reaction Score
I always like this Ollie one:

For good reason, especially since eighth-seeded Kentucky had overcome first-half deficits of nine (twice), 10 and 13 points in its previous four games to reach its historic meeting with seventh-seeded UConn in seed-wise, the most unlikely national title game in history.

It was at that point that CBS reporter Tracy Wolfson reminded Ollie how much Kentucky had been a second-half team during this year’s NCAA tournament.

"Well, we're a second half team too", the supremely confident Ollie snapped back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom