Reaction Score

Site: Royal Liverpool...a usual member of The Open rota

Television:

Thursday and Friday: 4:00 AM till 3:00 PM....our time...USA channel
Saturday: 5:00 AM till 7:00 AM...USA Channel
7:00 till 3:00...NBC
Sunday 4:00 AM till 7:00...USA
7:00 till 2:00...NBC

Weather: some showers predicted every day...moderate wind.

The showers may soften the course leading to lower than normal scores.

This is the last major of the year. Ryder Cup ahead from Rome in the fall!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Scheffler is due! He has finished in the top 5 for his last 7 tournaments...his consistency
is amazing in terms of ball-striking. Putt just decently at Royal Liverpool and he grabs the prize.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Scheffler is due! He has finished in the top 5 for his last 7 tournaments...his consistency
is amazing in terms of ball-striking. Putt just decently at Royal Liverpool and he grabs the prize.

I'm amazed at his ball striking, given what looks like awkward footwork.

Reaction Score

Site: Royal Liverpool...a usual member of The Open rota

Television:

Thursday and Friday: 4:00 AM till 3:00 PM....our time...USA channel
Saturday: 5:00 AM till 7:00 AM...USA Channel
7:00 till 3:00...NBC
Sunday 4:00 AM till 7:00...USA
7:00 till 2:00...NBC

Weather: some showers predicted every day...moderate wind.

The showers may soften the course leading to lower than normal scores.

This is the last major of the year. Ryder Cup ahead from Rome in the fall!
For those of you who stream golf, Peacock has coverage starting at 1:30 each of the next two days. I'll likely starting watching between 4 and 5 a.m. (which means I'd better get to bed very shortly).

Peacock presents the option of watching featured groups throughout their rounds, and Rounds 1 and 2 will include most of the top players. I watch that on my desktop while having USA's coverage on my TV.

By the way, Blake and Milford, what is your favorite major? I'm torn amongst the U.S. Open, the Masters and the Open championship, but I have enough experience playing on the British Isles, including Portrush in Ireland and Troon and Carnoustie in Scotland, that the Open stirs memories and accords me a special sense of fanciful nostalgia.

Reaction Score
Can Rory stay hot?

He beat a third-rate field. I wouldn't call that hot. This is the guy that missed the cut at the Masters on a course that's perfect for his game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For those of you who stream golf, Peacock has coverage starting at 1:30 each of the next two days. I'll likely starting watching between 4 and 5 a.m. (which means I'd better get to bed very shortly).

Peacock presents the option of watching featured groups throughout their rounds, and Rounds 1 and 2 will include most of the top players. I watch that on my desktop while having USA's coverage on my TV.

By the way, Blake and Milford, what is your favorite major? I'm torn amongst the U.S. Open, the Masters and the Open championship, but I have enough experience playing on the British Isles, including Portrush in Ireland and Troon and Carnoustie in Scotland, that the Open stirs memories and accords me a special sense of fanciful nostalgia.

I agree that those are the top 3. Augusta is too hard to get into and the British is far. I guess my favorite is the U.S. Open, depending on the course. I've been several times:

Pebble Beach 4x
Shinnecock 2x
Merion 2x
Congressional 2x
Olympia Fields 1x
Winged Foot 1x
Oakmont 1x
Torrey Pines 1x

Reaction Score
I agree that those are the top 3. Augusta is too hard to get into and the British is far. I guess my favorite is the U.S. Open, depending on the course. I've been several times:

Pebble Beach 4x
Shinnecock 2x
Merion 2x
Congressional 2x
Olympia Fields 1x
Winged Foot 1x
Oakmont 1x
Torrey Pines 1x

Impressive list. It sounds like you love golf even more than Uconn wbb :)

Reaction Score

Pebble Beach 4x
Shinnecock 2x
Merion 2x
Congressional 2x
Olympia Fields 1x
Winged Foot 1x
Oakmont 1x
Torrey Pines 1x
You’ve played them? Or watched Opens at them?
I only have 1 Pebble, but dozens of Torrey Pines. The rest require knowing someone.

Reaction Score
He beat a third-rate field. I wouldn't call that hot. This is the guy that missed the cut at the Masters on a course that's perfect for his game.
So you consider a field including Rory, Spieth, Schauffele, Fitzpatrick, Hovland, Hatton, Fleetwood, MacIntyre and lots of other world-class players as third-rate? Your standards are quite high, my friend. ;)

Reaction Score

Pebble Beach 4x
Shinnecock 2x
Merion 2x
Congressional 2x
Olympia Fields 1x
Winged Foot 1x
Oakmont 1x
Torrey Pines 1x
That is an impressive list, Milford... I've got three at Winged Foot, two at Shinnecock and Baltusrol. As the years have gone on and the crowds have grown, I prefer to watch TV (now streaming) coverage.

Reaction Score
So you consider a field including Rory, Spieth, Schauffele, Fitzpatrick, Hovland, Hatton, Fleetwood, MacIntyre and lots of other world-class players as third-rate? Your standards are quite high, my friend. ;)

What does the term "world class player" mean? The Scotish Open has never been more than a tune up tournament for US players looking to adjust to links golf. The field as a whole isn't as deep as many minor US tournaments.

Reaction Score
What does the term "world class player" mean? The Scotish Open has never been more than a tune up tournament for US players looking to adjust to links golf. The field as a whole isn't as deep as many minor US tournaments.
8 of the top 10 in the world played, 20 of the top 30. Not my definition of a 3rd rate field. But that's just me.

Reaction Score
Great to see Brian Harmon win The Open. Got to see him play when he was in high school in Savannah. He was the local young hot shot ; was playing at the course I played there. I think he may have been inspired by another diminutive golfer who played there some, also, Gene Sauers.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
First major will take a good journeyman player to the next level....bet he is now
on our Ryder Cup team in Rome in late September.
Got off to a shaky start both Saturday and Sunday...couple of early bogeys made you wonder if the
Open pressure would get to him. Sure didn't. Went 4 under the rest of the way on Saturday and 3 under on Sunday...
finished with 67-65-69-70. Really impressive with consistent tee to green play and with excellent short game and occasional clutch par putts,

Found only one bunker in 72 holes...a la Tiger when he won here back in the day.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
First major will take a good journeyman player to the next level....bet he is now
on our Ryder Cup team in Rome in late September.
Got off to a shaky start both Saturday and Sunday...couple of early bogeys made you wonder if the
Open pressure would get to him. Sure didn't. Went 4 under the rest of the way on Saturday and 3 under on Sunday...
finished with 67-65-69-70. Really impressive with consistent tee to green play and with excellent short game and occasional clutch par putts,

Found only one bunker in 72 holes...a la Tiger when he won here back in the day.

He hit his 2nd bunker on the 72nd hole and still made par. Only 2 bunkers is excellent. Several bunkers required 2 or 3 shots to get out.

Reaction Score
He hit his 2nd bunker on the 72nd hole and still made par. Only 2 bunkers is excellent. Several bunkers required 2 or 3 shots to get out.
That he only hit 2 bunkers is amazing! Plenty of them out there,and strategically placed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom