LCC "gets off" - ridiculous | The Boneyard

LCC "gets off" - ridiculous

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Hey, they got hit with a $5 million fine!

What's that? It's actually a $5 thousand fine? FIVE. THOUSAND. DOLLARS?

(@pepband99: Not the best thread title. I can guess at what LCC stands for but I've never even seen it before.)

Reaction Score
The B12 deal got me thinking of the value of holding together a conference in the face of two huge departures. Actually Pitt and Cuse were minor compared to Texas and Oklahoma
If the Big East did that
UConn
Would be in a Conference with
Louisville
Cincinnati
West Va
USF
Rutgers
No brainer
adds
Navy / Army football only
UCF all sports
gets you to 8
Plus the Catholic 6 basketball only teams.
Maybe ND stays for all sports except football
Possible others
Memphis ?
Creighton
SMU ( all)
Houston ( all)
WSU ( BB)
Butler ( BB)

The thing is you could be a lot more selective in adds.

I wonder what that conference would be worth in todays market
There is value in conference loyalty if everybody is all in.

Reaction Score
It's really the opposite of the UConn APR stuff. We got penalized retroactively with the creation of a new rule. We couldn't go back and fix would we did but were penalized. It's like making bourbon illegal and prosecuting anyone that ever drank it in the past.

Louisville (and Kansas, Arizona...) are getting away with their transgressions because they aren't really transgressions anymore. It's almost lazy to cheat now. Don't sneak money under the table... just call it NIL. I don't think there is an appetite for penalties when almost anything goes now.

Reaction Score
Yeah. It’s sort of like brining a guy to trial on a marijuana possession charge and asking for the maximum because he was arrested with a joint on Monday and it became legal on Thursday.

Reaction Score
Pretty good article from Gary Parrish showing how ridiculous the IARP's rulings are and how their logic makes no sense. I know some on here don't like Parrish but I think he writes pretty good articles.

That's the lesson from Thursday -- when the IRP announced that Louisville will face no postseason ban or otherwise meaningful punishment despite the fact that an Adidas representative agreed to buy a five-star prospect for the school for $100,000. And the reason Louisville will face no postseason ban or otherwise meaningful punishment despite the fact that an Adidas representative agreed to buy a five-star prospect for the school for $100,000 is because, well, I'll just let panel chair David Benck tell you himself.

"It is our interpretation that (Adidas was) primarily motivated by brand promotion, and they were trying to take steps to promote their brand, not promote the institution," Benck explained.

That is LOL hilarious.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Pretty good article from Gary Parrish showing how ridiculous the IARP's rulings are and how their logic makes no sense. I know some on here don't like Parrish but I think he writes pretty good articles.

That's the lesson from Thursday -- when the IRP announced that Louisville will face no postseason ban or otherwise meaningful punishment despite the fact that an Adidas representative agreed to buy a five-star prospect for the school for $100,000. And the reason Louisville will face no postseason ban or otherwise meaningful punishment despite the fact that an Adidas representative agreed to buy a five-star prospect for the school for $100,000 is because, well, I'll just let panel chair David Benck tell you himself.

"It is our interpretation that (Adidas was) primarily motivated by brand promotion, and they were trying to take steps to promote their brand, not promote the institution," Benck explained.

That is LOL hilarious.

The drug dealer isn't responsible, because the cartel was trying to take steps to distribute more drugs.

It's too insane to even laugh at.

Reaction Score
Hey, they got hit with a $5 million fine!

What's that? It's actually a $5 thousand fine? FIVE. THOUSAND. DOLLARS?

(@pepband99: Not the best thread title. I can guess at what LCC stands for but I've never even seen it before.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom