Lauren Cox - Injury Update | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox - Injury Update

Reaction Score
Coach Mulkey had hoped she would been available last week, but she was't approve to play. So now it looks like she will hold her out until January and let her use the rest of the month to heal. Considering Baylor doesn't much on the schedule this month.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Coach Mulkey had hoped she would been available last week, but she was't approve to play. So now it looks like she will hold her out until January and let her use the rest of the month to heal. Considering Baylor doesn't much on the schedule this month. Or any month, or any year.
...there, I fixed that for you. Kim only sporadically schedules decent teams and will never be accused of loading up on quality OOC teams, never has and looks like never will. Add in a diminishing conference with a lack of quality teams/coaches and you have cupcakeville. It works for her as evidenced by 3 NCAA Titles but not really promoting WCBB as a keystone program the way Pat, Geno, Tara or MM has. Dawn is stepping up her efforts, I just wish Kim would do the same. :(

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Does this mean that the UConn game will be her first game back?

Reaction Score
From what I am hearing it looks like it.
Surely we play her against Moreheard State or Oklahoma the week before to knock some rust off. That's what cupcakes are for after all.

Given the state of the Big 12 this year, it would almost be worthwhile to run her out there against UConn at all costs. That game is literally more important than the entire conference schedule.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm sorry for Cox. It pretty much nixes any chance for the player-of-the-year awards (which I thought was a realistic possibility), but I hope it doesn't impact her draft position much.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry for Cox. It pretty much nixes any chance for the player-of-the-year awards (which I thought was a realistic possibility), but I hope it doesn't impact her draft position much.

If no players declare early for the draft, I think she’s a shoo-in for the #2 pick. That’s assuming her injury isn’t chronic.

Reaction Score
Cox was in full uniform without a boot at the game today. If it had been a more competitive matchup, I have a feeling that she would have been available.

Reaction Score
If no players declare early for the draft, I think she’s a shoo-in for the #2 pick. That’s assuming her injury isn’t chronic.
The only junior that could displace her IMO is Sabally. Carter is not the pick for the Wings. I would be hesitant to even pick Sabally if I was Dallas, because they need a defensive big. They already have Stevens filling out the "perimeter big" role.

I wonder where Diggins-Smith is going to go, as in traded. She sounded very unhappy with the organization. They could get a nice post or wing player, and the MoJeff and Arike can be their backcourt.

Reaction Score
Cox was in full uniform without a boot at the game today. If it had been a more competitive matchup, I have a feeling that she would have been available.

If that’s the criteria, she might not be back until the game against Oklahoma on January 4.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If hat’s the criteria, she might not be back until the game against Oklahoma on January 4.
I don't think that game counts either, but she will have to log some minutes before UConn.

Reaction Score
Stress reactions are weird types of injuries. Never know how long it will take. Not as bad as stress fractures. Williams suffered that her Sophmore year and it affected her Jr year as well. Most of the problem is that it requires rest and no activity to heal, so the longer it take the more the potential for rust and becoming out of shape.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wonder where Diggins-Smith is going to go, as in traded. She sounded very unhappy with the organization. They could get a nice post or wing player, and the MoJeff and Arike can be their backcourt.

Unless Diggins-Smith demands a trade, I don't think they would be well served by dealing her and replacing her w/ Jefferson. She has a lot to prove, hasn't been able to stay healthy since her rookie season.

Reaction Score
I don't think that game counts either, but she will have to log some minutes before UConn.

You reported she wasn't cleared to play. Has she been cleared to practice?

Reaction Score
You reported she wasn't cleared to play. Has she been cleared to practice?
Kim said in the post conference yesterday that Lauren is cleared to play and practice! She also said she’ll give her some minutes the next game against morehead state on the 31st!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom