2024 Recruiting: - Latest intel on the top 15 undecided players in the class of 2024 (Including Boogie Fland) | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Latest intel on the top 15 undecided players in the class of 2024 (Including Boogie Fland)

Reaction Score
This is interesting. I assumed UConn was out of it.

BOOGIE FLAND, CG, WHITE PLAINS (N.Y.) STEPINAC

Currently ranked: No. 15

Who is in the mix: Top eight of Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, St. John’s and UConn

Latest intel: When it comes to name recognition, Boogie Fland has long been one of the most well-known players in the class of 2024. The combo guard from New York can score from deep or set up others off the dribble. He’s also getting ready for another round of visits.

He’s seen St. John’s and UConn unofficially and took junior year officials to Indiana, Michigan and North Carolina. He gets back on the visit trail next weekend when he heads to Kentucky and he'll then see Alabama on the weekend of the 22nd and round out the month of September with a trip to Maryland. After seeing the Terps he will have been on campus at all of his finalists. Fland is one where speculation is all over the place and there hasn't been a lot of quality behind the scenes intel over the past few months. We’ll see how these potential visits could change things, but Indiana, Kentucky and UConn have come up a lot during conversations with sources and appear to be in the upper tier but there's still plenty to be decided with Fland and his recruitment is for the most part mysterious.

Reaction Score

Who is in the mix: Top eight of Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, St. John’s and UConn

Latest intel: When it comes to name recognition, Boogie Fland has long been one of the most well-known players in the class of 2024. The combo guard from New York can score from deep or set up others off the dribble. He’s also getting ready for another round of visits.

He’s seen St. John’s and UConn unofficially and took junior year officials to Indiana, Michigan and North Carolina. He gets back on the visit trail next weekend when he heads to Kentucky and he'll then see Alabama on the weekend of the 22nd and round out the month of September with a trip to Maryland. After seeing the Terps he will have been on campus at all of his finalists. Fland is one where speculation is all over the place and there hasn't been a lot of quality behind the scenes intel over the past few months. We’ll see how these potential visits could change things, but Indiana, Kentucky and UConn have come up a lot during conversations with sources and appear to be in the upper tier but there's still plenty to be decided with Fland and his recruitment is for the most part mysterious.

I’m not sure I believe this is realistic with Nowell committed. Could Fland play the 2 guard spot? Would he want to?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t think Fland will be scared of Nowell. The question is does the staff want to recruit 2 sub 6’3 guards in the same class? But I’m sure they can sell Nowell and Fland on sharing the lead guard duties in the same lineup.

Reaction Score

I say watch Slick Rick and St.Johns, you could have a heck of a fight between he and Snake Oil Cal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hold it tight, got to keep on dealing!

Reaction Score
I would love nothing more than to watch an entire recruiting visit. This staff is among the best in the country.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Whatever. We have Norwell. He’s going somewhere else. Boogie has a cool name but Nowell could be at UConn for years and become a legend.
Agree. We already have a commitment from a guy who doesn't need a lot of drama and pageantry.
We need young men who want to be challenged by a coaching staff second to none and blend in with a group of like minded guys. We want guys who are interested in National Championships and want to come out of Uconn NBA ready. Narrowed down to 7 or 8 teams? Really.

Reaction Score
Agree. We already have a commitment from a guy who doesn't need a lot of drama and pageantry.
We need young men who want to be challenged by a coaching staff second to none and blend in with a group of like minded guys. We want guys who are interested in National Championships and want to come out of Uconn NBA ready. Narrowed down to 7 or 8 teams? Really.
Exactly, when you already go by a nickname in high school uconn is not your place. Too bad boeheim retired, bugar would have fit will there

Reaction Score
Remember, orange tears are absolutely delicious! Those southern Canadians thought they were in the driver’s seat here. They were wrong.

If Bethea commits to Miami, as the tea leaves are pointing to now, that Canes NIL/bag package will have led to him and Austin Swartz for ‘24. Pretty sweet duo.

caw

Reaction Score
Remember, orange tears are absolutely delicious! Those southern Canadians thought they were in the driver’s seat here. They were wrong.

If Bethea commits to Miami, as the tea leaves are pointing to now, that Canes NIL/bag package will have led to him and Austin Swartz for ‘24. Pretty sweet duo.

Nah Cuse fans should be happy, he will be able to see him play in the Carrier Dome.

Reaction Score
Despite the information in the OP here it certainly seems as if UConn has moved on. Which seems to be logical with all the information we know.

Not losing any sleep on Fland. My gut is telling me that the staff moved on from him, not the other way around. By the way, Hurley appeared at the Stepinac coaches clinic either last year or in ‘21.

Reaction Score
Not losing any sleep on Fland. My gut is telling me that the staff moved on from him, not the other way around. By the way, Hurley appeared at the Stepinac coaches clinic either last year or in ‘21.
Yeah I remember that also. It was last year.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Fland was still interested in us post-Nowell, but can we not trash on a young man just because he's not coming here? "Drama and pagentry?" Do you care how contradictory that is to a guy who everyone is saying is keeping his recruitment close to his vest and not flooding the internet with daily thoughts?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Fland was still interested in us post-Nowell, but can we not trash on a young man just because he's not coming here? "Drama and pagentry?" Do you care how contradictory that is to a guy who everyone is saying is keeping his recruitment close to his vest and not flooding the internet with daily thoughts?
Boogie nights are still always the best in town.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom