Latest Bracketology | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Might be a difficult match up for Louisville in Ames Iowas against Iowa State. Iowa State has the 3 point shooters to do what Louisville did to Baylor last year. :)

Still think UConn should be sent to Lincoln if they are the overall #1 seed. However, realize won't happen if they use geography to place teams.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I will vomit if we play Louisville four times this season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor dropped from a 2 seed to a 4 seed in the same bracket with Stanford and Tennessee. I will take it.

I think that the top six teams in the nation are solidified at this point, unless someone really melts down. I think that 7+ is going to be shuffled around a lot between now and the NCAA tourney.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The NCAA committee really laid an enormous egg when they chose those cities for regionals. They should step up to the plate and officially rename Lincoln as Storrs West and assign Uconn to that regional. It is crazy to reward a lesser #1 seed to a 'vacant' regional and send Uconn to Louisville or South Bend because it is a little closer. Nobody is driving to the games so who cares if the plane ride is 45 minutes longer. And they are the brain dead folks that chose three regional sites in the central midwest. (Yes i am a little peeved about this.)
Alternatively ... because their first rule of seeding is distance, send Uconn to South Bend, and ND to Louisville - after all South Bend is 60 miles closer to Storrs than Louisville!

Reaction Score
Right now the premier game for the NC would be the Huskies and ND. This bracket will have them meeting in the semis.

TV rules and they will make the brackets so that THE game happens in the finals.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As of know this might have been. SCarolina will not win the SEC. Tenn will be lower then a 2 seed. UConn will be in Nebraska. Right now the only 2 one seeds I see are UConn and Stanford. Duke and ND could be the other 2 one seeds. Louisville losing to UConn 3 times might not leave them a 2 seed although I think they are a 2 seed. MD Kentucky Louisville and one other could be 2 seeds.

Reaction Score
I find myself losing interest with this sport with each passing year and if this sport is really so sketchy that UConn would be sent to Louisville to play them for a 4th time because it's a 30 minute closer plane ride than going to Lincoln than I'm just about done with this sport all together. They know damn well that geography means nothing at that point.

I wish Geno would speak out on issues like this in the sport as opposed to other topics he has commented on recently.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I will vomit if Tennessee is a 2 seed.
There is certainly no reasonable way they should get a two seed. But the NCAA will certainly find a way to put them in the Knoxville sub-regional....they can't afford to give up that ticket revenue.

Reaction Score
Why would you want UConn and Louisville in the same bracket and Notre Dame and Maryland? UConn needs to go to Lincoln. Send Duke to Louisville.

Reaction Score
There is certainly no reasonable way they should get a two seed. But the NCAA will certainly find a way to put them in the Knoxville sub-regional....they can't afford to give up that ticket revenue.
The NCAA certainly preordained that TN will play in Knoxville. So for tourney regional assignment purposes, TN could be a 3 or 4 seed, for example, and have the home court advantage.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why would you want UConn and Louisville in the same bracket and Notre Dame and Maryland? UConn needs to go to Lincoln. Send Duke to Louisville.
Couldn't agree more with this. UCONN will likely face L'ville 3 times in the regular season. Too much to send them to L'ville's bracket. I'd imagine Tennessee would be in that bracket as I think L'ville is probably their best chance to sneak thru to the final 4...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't think the NCAA cares about these issues concerning match ups in the least. They will do what they want and ignore any reasonable advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom