Latest Bracketology | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology

Reaction Score
Some of the computers haven't been nice to UConn in the last couple of weeks.

After yesterday, we're actually just 2-1 in Q1 games. Cutoff for neutral sites is 50, and we have neutral wins over Texas (51) and Gonzaga (54). Hopefully these get back into Q1 by March. 4-1 looks a lot better than 2-1, for reference only Purdue has more than 4 Q1 wins and we have a Q1 opportunity next week @ Xavier

Seton Hall has been climbing. They're 79 right now. If they get to 75, that loss becomes Q1 (lol)

Mostly just for fun though. Win the games we're supposed to win and we won't need to rely on computers to help our seeding

Reaction Score
While it’s great to be one of the top seeds I don’t really care what our seed is because I know we can beat anyone if we’re playing well. Just look at last year’s final 4 as an example. Not a single 1 or 2 seed made it. If we lose a couple of tough games when Clingan is out so be it. Our team is still undefeated when at full health

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I don’t pay too much attention to what goes on beyond our sphere, but why would Syracuse be in the last 4 in instead of Miss State? There NET is worse and greater than 68, their conference is worse than MS, their record is worse … plus I don’t like them.

Reaction Score
While it’s great to be one of the top seeds I don’t really care what our seed is because I know we can beat anyone if we’re playing well. Just look at last year’s final 4 as an example. Not a single 1 or 2 seed made it. If we lose a couple of tough games when Clingan is out so be it. Our team is still undefeated when at full health
Yeah we can beat anyone and anywhere but I want to go through Brooklyn and Boston this year. I live three blocks from Barclays and will throw a party for the first two rounds if we're a #1 seed.

Reaction Score
Also this bracket has us potentially playing villanova the second round. Aren't we supposed to avoid playing in conference teams until the second weekend?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys are aware that the concept of a 68 team bracket on January 4th is pure insanity.
Confused Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Also this bracket has us potentially playing villanova the second round. Aren't we supposed to avoid playing in conference teams until the second weekend?

Villanova is a 5 seed, we wouldn't play them until the Sweet 16 in this scenario.

Reaction Score
I don’t pay too much attention to what goes on beyond our sphere, but why would Syracuse be in the last 4 in instead of Miss State? There NET is worse and greater than 68, their conference is worse than MS, their record is worse … plus I don’t like them.
The only criteria that counts is your last one

Reaction Score
Some of the computers haven't been nice to UConn in the last couple of weeks.

After yesterday, we're actually just 2-1 in Q1 games. Cutoff for neutral sites is 50, and we have neutral wins over Texas (51) and Gonzaga (54). Hopefully these get back into Q1 by March. 4-1 looks a lot better than 2-1, for reference only Purdue has more than 4 Q1 wins and we have a Q1 opportunity next week @ Xavier

Seton Hall has been climbing. They're 79 right now. If they get to 75, that loss becomes Q1 (lol)

Mostly just for fun though. Win the games we're supposed to win and we won't need to rely on computers to help our seeding

I agree no big deal right now.

Texas is going to climb significantly. They have played a trash schedule up to this point but have only lost to us and Marquette. B12 is going to give them ample opportunities. They are legit with Disu. Gonzaga should steady the ship a little too and pack on the wins.

Also I assume like you said Seton Hall will be a Q1 loss by years end.

Reaction Score
You guys are aware that the concept of a 68 team bracket on January 4th is pure insanity.
Then wouldn’t rankings in January be insane too? It obviously interests enough people that they publish this stuff.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Then wouldn’t rankings in January be insane too? It obviously interests enough people that they publish this stuff.
Plenty of money in catering to insanity.

Reaction Score
Yeah we can beat anyone and anywhere but I want to go through Brooklyn and Boston this year. I live three blocks from Barclays and will throw a party for the first two rounds if we're a #1 seed.

This. Almost guaranteed to be in Brooklyn as long as we are top 4 seed. Boston - me thinks 1 or 2. These sites would be incredible!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'll pay for @Ewekon and his grandson and son in law's airfare but they need to get their own game tickets and they're staying with you.

Reaction Score
Is NET the only ranking the committee pays attention to? We’re dropping in Kenpom

Reaction Score
Is NET the only ranking the committee pays attention to? We’re dropping in Kenpom
We're "dropping" in KenPom, but in reality other teams are passing us from playing well. Auburn and Tennessee really put the hurt on teams today.

There's a big gap from 3 to 4, and then 4-7 are pretty tightly bunched and we're in that bunch right now.

To answer your question, KenPom, BPI, KPI, and SOR are on the committee's sheets alongside NET. The former 2 are predictive metrics (mostly interested in per possession performance against expected scoring margin) and latter 2 are resume metrics (mostly interested in wins/losses).

We're ranked 7th, 11th, 11th, and 10th in those metrics respectively. And 7th in NET.

Reaction Score
We're "dropping" in KenPom, but in reality other teams are passing us from playing well. Auburn and Tennessee really put the hurt on teams today.
The Adjusted defensive efficiency has taken a precipitous fall, down to #36. The Adjusted offensive efficiency is still elite at #3.

As Hurley said in those articles I posted earlier this week, they need to get better on the defensive side.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Come Selection Sunday, we'll be fine. If we want to stay in the east, we better be no worse than a 3 (maybe a 2)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom