Latest 2023 recruiting class rankings | The Boneyard

Latest 2023 recruiting class rankings

Reaction Score
I agree. It was probably tough ranking the classes this year. Lots of talent spread out. I think all the schools in the top 5 have classes that will have an immediate impact.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The neighborhood has 3 of the top 9 classes.. All 5 schools in our pod in the top 20.... Duke had to pick up the pace just to keep up. 6th isn't bad, I wanted more though :oops:

Reaction Score
Question, were Louisville and TN the only notable P5 teams not to land a 23 pledge? I know Baylor and Florida picked up a commitment late in the process. Sole Williams flipped over to A&M during the signing period.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Jana El Alfy not being ranked on ESPN had any impact on putting UConn at #4. Their clsss is pretty similar to South Carolina’s, statistically just slightly better.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Jana El Alfy not being ranked on ESPN had any impact on putting UConn at #4. Their clsss is pretty similar to South Carolina’s, statistically just slightly better.
Not sure about the “statistically” part but, yeah, I consider UConn’s class about even with SCar’s..

Of course, filling team needs is the most important factor. El Alfy seems to have the ability to fill UConn’s biggest need. Fulwiley fills Scar’s. Neither team ( nor Stanford) will be hurting for talent in the foreseeable future.

BTW: here are Prospect Nations latest player rankings (El Alfy not included):

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The neighborhood has 3 of the top 9 classes.. All 5 schools in our pod in the top 20.... Duke had to pick up the pace just to keep up. 6th isn't bad, I wanted more though :oops:
There’s honestly not a lot of difference between the #1 class and the #6 class this year.. because the talent is so relatively evenly distributed in the top 25 LSU, SC, Arizona, UConn, ND, Duke all have a reasonable claim for top class. None of these classes are runaway better than the others, and that’s usually not the case. There’s almost always 1 or 2 schools each year with an elite class. Bodes well for WBB

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I agree. It was probably tough ranking the classes this year. Lots of talent spread out. I think all the schools in the top 5 have classes that will have an immediate impact.
Ditto.
Initially, I studied Premier Basketball's individual rankings and did the cross-country scoring approach (lowest score wins) and the order on 1-5 changed.

There may have been other factors taken into account other than rank, but we've seen so little of that from Hoopgurlz since Dan Olson left that it's hard to say what Premier is/was thinking. I probably saw more detail in a few sentences here on certain players than I have in two years!

Plus, there are other rankings services and their takes to factor into consideration, include Prospects Nation, ASGR and others.

Long story short: Top five (Arizona, LSU, Notre Dame, South Carolina, UConn in "alpha" order) have all helped themselves a bunch, as has Duke. Pat on the backs to the respective programs' head coaches and staffs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure about the “statistically” part but, yeah, I consider UConn’s class about even with SCar’s..

I’m not a recruitment expert by any means, but KK is almost ten spots higher than SC’s highest recruit on ESPN (who ranked the classes).

I think SC’s edge comes from having a fourth ranked player while UConn’s fourth is a non-ranked International player.

Almost identical though, indeed.

Reaction Score
I’m not a recruitment expert by any means, but KK is almost ten spots higher than SC’s highest recruit on ESPN (who ranked the classes).

I think SC’s edge comes from having a fourth ranked player while UConn’s fourth is a non-ranked International player.

Almost identical though, indeed.
Well, I would agree on your interpretation of ESPN.

If you look at Prospect Nation though, Fulwiley and Kitts are ranked 3 and 4 while KK and Ashlynn are ranked 6 and 8. The remainder of the domestic class, Samuels, Jah and Tessa Johnson are 4.5 stars who come in around 40.

Is El Alfy in the 40 range? From what I have seen, I would say "definitely." Is she better than that? Very possibly. based on my eyeballs, but then is she ready for American banging play? I don't know. Geno likes what he sees and he is a much better judge than me.

Two very good to excellent classes. But we aren't discussing superlative classes like we argued back with the 2021 class.

It will be interesting t see what ASGR looks like, though I don't like their player rankings that come out AFTER everybody signs.

@From France @CamrnCrz1974

Reaction Score
I was out from HS & Commitments for a few months, Think I read something saying that ASGR rankings are now placed elsewhere
For sure Notre Dame & LSU have great 2023 classes, just like South Carolina & UCONN, but we can't denie that USC had a boom with the signing of Ju Watkins which I can't explain
Perhaps will she rejenuvate the program, hope so, it's the alma matter of so much greats (all californians, home state)
With Williams going to LSU (but with Kim Mulkey) that is for sure a top 2 interresing choice and a way to move college rankings
We'll have to wait a year to see the impact of their decision

Reaction Score
Aneesa Morrow from DePaul was under the radar, perhaps someone could suprise us

and out of topic the 2021 girl could well be the NPOY, go Azzi, proud of your2 games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom