Last minute random predictions for this season | The Boneyard

Last minute random predictions for this season

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Mine- This will be the year we utilize our tight ends in the passing game and at some point Alexander Honig will make us fall in love with him because of it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Rosa will have most rushing TD's on the team.
Some would view this as an easy one based on last year. I’m not one of those people. I like the pick. It will be interesting for sure and I hope it’s a season long race between all of our RB’s. I like the depth.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think our defense is top notch, a professional group. That will keep us in most, if not all games.

Offense just needs to be 25% better than last year and we have a 8 win team. I think we get it done.

Reaction Score
The over/under season win total number at BetMGM is 4.5. My random prediction is that jumping on the over is easy money.

Reaction Score
6 wins but much more competitive in the losses.
This is a real possibility. I have little doubt the team will be improved. I don’t know whether that will translate to more wins. Last year, we were 5-1 at home and 1-5 on the road, and lost to three teams on the road that I would have liked our odds to have beaten at home (Utah St., Army and Ball State). Will being better get us wins at Georgia State and Rice? I have no idea.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
sounds crazy but, 9 wins in the regular season, I see 8 without NC State I think we beat them, and this becomes a statement season
NC State
Georgia St
FIU
Utah St
Rice
USF
BCU
SHU
UMass

Reaction Score
if we get severely blown out by nc state, then my prediction is 6-6 with a bowl loss.
if we lose a close one to nc state (10 pts or less), then my prediction is 7-8 wins. bowl loss
if we win a close one to nc state, then my prediction is 7-8 wins. bowl win
if we defeat nc state by 17+ , then my prediction is 9 wins. bowl win.

judging by how harshly we were viewed by B12 fans and P5 fans in general in the twitterverse this past summer, I believe that 9 wins is the bare minimum to seriously turn heads around the country, especially given how average our schedule is. This is not a criticism of our team, but i do believe our schedule is fair enough for our program that's still rebounding from the bad years. The downside to the schedule is that the "expected" wins vs our G5 opponents this year, are not impressive enough to garner the interest of power conferences and their fans, who still dont believe in us. Therefore 9 wins is a statement.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I predict I will get to a game this year. Either at JMU (an early or late start time might kibosh the idea), or I'm hoping to wangle a Thanksgiving invite to my brother's, allowing us to head up to UMass that Sat

I think we do 2 wins better than last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom