Last Days of Hartford Hank | The Boneyard

Last Days of Hartford Hank

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not going to miss the POS. First UConn Hockey puts BCU in the RVM and now UConn Football. BCU was outcoached and outmanned. It took awhile but despite all that backstabbing, BCU's worst nightmare has come true. They are now the 2nd best program in New Engalnd. And all it took was a UConn coach who GAS.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to miss the POS. First UConn Hockey puts BCU in the RVM and now UConn Football. BCU was outcoached and outmanned. It took awhile but despite all that backstabbing, BCU's worst nightmare has come true. They are now the 2nd best program in New Engalnd. And all it took was a UConn coach who GAS.
Ouch, I am hurt an offended. I thought you were my friend all this time!

Overall I had a good time at the game today, my first visit to the Rent. Nice stadium. Huge difference between the press box side, where we sat in the first half, in the shade vs the sun side where we sat in the second half. A truly beautiful day for football in New England. Although not happy with the result it was still a good day. Family, friends and a beautiful day outside.

A few observations from my day. Quite a walk from the Red Lot, I parked in L, tailgated in K. A lot of cars at the game, based on that I was expecting a bigger crowd. The announced crowd of 25K seemed high. The UConn fans were very nice and saw nothing close to an issues. I was very surprised by how many UConn fans were leaving in the 4th quarter, with 12 minutes left in a 7 point game. I was also surprised that UConn fans did not rush the field, as they deserved to do, after the game. I guess not enough student present to do this. I was also surprised by the lack of enthusium over the victory by the UConn fans. I was expecting far more happiness and joy. I was expecting comments as I walked back to the tailgate but had maybe two, neither in bad taste or out of line. As I was waiting for my daughter to come out of the ladies room after the game an older gentleman, a UConn fan, came over to speak with me. Very symathetic about our loss. I was also surprised by the lack of tailgating after the game by UConn fans. Instead of firing up the grills again everyone was headed to the highway. stayed until 4:30 and easily exited the stadium for my ride home.

Again overall a good day. Personally I am 4 and 0 against cancer, thank you Dana Farber. At some point it will eventually get me. Until that day the outcome of games no longer ruin my day. I look at things on the postive side. BC will survive to play, and win again. Whether they win or lose I will enjoy the ride.

Have a great night! God Bless!

Reaction Score

Total garbage Athletic Department. They add zero value to the ACC. Just a parasite with a bad accent.

Reaction Score

Overall I had a good time at the game today, my first visit to the Rent. Nice stadium. Huge difference between the press box side, where we sat in the first half, in the shade vs the sun side where we sat in the second half. A truly beautiful day for football in New England. Although not happy with the result it was still a good day. Family, friends and a beautiful day outside.

A few observations from my day. Quite a walk from the Red Lot, I parked in L, tailgated in K. A lot of cars at the game, based on that I was expecting a bigger crowd. The announced crowd of 25K seemed high. The UConn fans were very nice and saw nothing close to an issues. I was very surprised by how many UConn fans were leaving in the 4th quarter, with 12 minutes left in a 7 point game. I was also surprised that UConn fans did not rush the field, as they deserved to do, after the game. I guess not enough student present to do this. I was also surprised by the lack of enthusium over the victory by the UConn fans. I was expecting far more happiness and joy. I was expecting comments as I walked back to the tailgate but had maybe two, neither in bad taste or out of line. As I was waiting for my daughter to come out of the ladies room after the game an older gentleman, a UConn fan, came over to speak with me. Very symathetic about our loss. I was also surprised by the lack of tailgating after the game by UConn fans. Instead of firing up the grills again everyone was headed to the highway. stayed until 4:30 and easily exited the stadium for my ride home.

Again overall a good day. Personally I am 4 and 0 against cancer, thank you Dana Farber. At some point it will eventually get me. Until that day the outcome of games no longer ruin my day. I look at things on the postive side. BC will survive to play, and win again. Whether they win or lose I will enjoy the ride.

We don’t rush the field after beating cupcakes.

Reaction Score
I think the tensions have died down a lot over the years and the students were babies last time there were issues.

If this were a league game things would be different

Reaction Score
As for the crowd, I agree they left early and missed a chance to soak it in. There was like 20 people left in my section by the time the team gathered to hear the band play the fight song. The players were jacked and it was fun seeing them so happy.

Reaction Score

I was there until the end, but as people started leaving it was pretty forgone UConn was going to win. BC couldn’t move the ball all day and when they did made mistakes.

As far as storming the field, again the emotion of the game was all used up in first quarter when realistically it should have been 21-0, the tone was set, and frankly BC is bad, like really bad, storming the field would indicate we achieved something, the program is destined for much bigger wins.

All of this is said with no hate but more just facts. That being said, your personal fight is much stronger and I don’t care who you root for, I’ll be a fan of you. Lost my father three years ago and I know how much it sucks, keep fighting and keep a positive attitude and you’ve got it. You’re a much better fighter than BC

Reaction Score
Despite being very engaged for the entire game and really taking satisfaction in being at the Rent when UConn finally knocked off BC, I can't say it ever occurred to me that this was a situation where field-rushing would have felt like an authentic expression of joy in the moment. It just wasn't that kind of game, nor was it that big of an upset. It was more of a validation that UConn can compete again. BC made too many mistakes to ever make it feel like UConn was in serious danger after we took that early 10-0 lead, and the 2022 version of BC isn't exactly a Goliath whom we were shocked to beat.

Honestly, the Fresno State win was more dramatic emotionally. It was stunning to see UConn hang in there the whole game and then find a way to win late in the fourth quarter. That's where we turned the corner, and it felt special despite the fact that UConn has no rivalry with Fresno State beyond a little payback for the 2021 blowout loss. (Not that it occurred to me that we should rush the field there either, but it felt like something really important had happened for the program after several years of being unbelievably awful.)

Reaction Score
I was also surprised that UConn fans did not rush the field, as they deserved to do, after the game.
Storm the field after a mild upset over a team with a loosing record? That would be a UMass type of thing. ;)
The happiest I've left The Dog House since the win over Houston but most of the die hards like myself are expecting Mora this :D
Saving the field thing for a win over a highly ranked team would be my guess.

Reaction Score
If we beat UMass and Liberty and get bowl-eligible there might be some field-storming.

Reaction Score
As for the crowd, I agree they left early and missed a chance to soak it in. There was like 20 people left in my section by the time the team gathered to hear the band play the fight song. The players were jacked and it was fun seeing them so happy.
Unfortunately our fan base, or what is left of it, got used to leaving games early. Sometimes after the first quarter. Yesterday’s win was a big step in getting the fan base back. And it was great to soak it in blue lot after the game. Just a great day for UConn football!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom