Last 11.5 seconds | The Boneyard

Last 11.5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone explain to me the logic. Boatright just hit two free throws to put us up 3. Why in the world with fouls to give we would not foul them after dribbling the ball for a couple of seconds. Keep doing this until they reach the bonus and even then there would be under 10 seconds to go in the game and they would have a 1 and 1. Instead we basically gave the guy a pretty open 3 point shot to possibly tie the game.
I just don't get why we didn't foul and gave up that good of a 3 point shot to tie.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. Ollie hasn't been in a ton of these situations but usually he decides not to foul for whatever reason(Marquette in 2013).

Reaction Score
I understand that and I am excited but I'm sorry that was not good logic.

Reaction Score
Slow them down. We had fouls to give. It worked out, but we should have fouled a few times

Reaction Score
The last thing I wanted was Tulsa inbounding the ball with under 5 seconds needing a basket to tie. Have you watched us defending inbounds plays this year?

Reaction Score
Yea, I watched Wofford and Furman on Monday and Wofford employed the strategy you suggested and it really chewed up the clock, but they also had I believe at least 3 extra fouls to give than UConn did so that changes things. I get it, but this team hasn't always showed the most smarts on end of game situations so I was cool with defending straight up. If Omar doesn't bungle the defense there by thinking he was supposed to switch Tulsa wouldn't have got as open a look as they did.

Reaction Score
You know all I thought about was Texas and Yale last second shots. I was saying that our opponents have used up any annual allowances for those losses and it wasn't going to happen again.

I don't necessarily subscribe to Karma but I am somewhat glad those shots are out of the way, moving forward.

And I would rather have them then, than be in Tulsa's shoes today. Tough loss for them.

Reaction Score
Agreed, we dodged a bit of bullet there at the end. Tulsa could not have asked for a better look under those circumstances. Our end of game defense has been shaky and maybe we were just due to escape this time.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I understand that and I am excited but I'm sorry that was not good logic.

I'm really sorry, but this has been the happiest 24 hours of my life since last April. For a good chunk of this season, I thought this team that I bleed national flag blue for would be missing the postseason. I spent many a Thursday night in my dorm room throwing things at my television set and cursing the basketball gods. These past two games have renewed my faith in this team and their ability to persevere.

Normally I would agree with you 100%, I think that logic and reason aren't seen here as often as they should be. But we are somehow, against all odds, one game away from the dance. Your logic can wait - let me enjoy my time with blind happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom