OT: - Las Vegas Sphere | The Boneyard

OT: Las Vegas Sphere

Reaction Score
When I was out in Vegas for the 2 games I was introduced to James Dolon’s latest project The Sphere. It’s supposed to be the greatest audio experience for concerts. It was supposed to cost a billion. It’s now over 2 billion. U2 is supposed to open it in the fall. Also according to a podcast on Dolan, Knick fans should be hoping it’s a colossal failure as it actually might force him to sell the team. Anyway it also appears to have a pretty good video screen. It went live this week.

Reaction Score
Been seeing videos on it for a week or so. Crazy technology. Absolutely “Vegas” lol it’s now a legit part of the skyline; wonder how far you can see it from. Right next to Venetian I believe

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s really cool what they’re doing with this.

Going to be one of the best concert venues in the world if everything goes right.

Reaction Score
When I was out in Vegas for the 2 games I was introduced to James Dolon’s latest project The Sphere. It’s supposed to be the greatest audio experience for concerts. It was supposed to cost a billion. It’s now over 2 billion. U2 is supposed to open it in the fall. Also according to a podcast on Dolan, Knick fans should be hoping it’s a colossal failure as it actually might force him to sell the team. Anyway it also appears to have a pretty good video screen. It went live this week.

I don't know, that might be 2 parts cool, and three parts major nuisance. The giant basketball would be annoying as hell, advertising run amuck. Definitely looks straight out of Blade Runner, which depicted the planet as a dystopian nightmare.

Dolan. (SMH)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know, it might be 2 parts cool, and three parts major nuisance. The giant basketball would be annoying as hell, an advertising nightmare.

Dolan. (SMH)
Its been a massive bust for shareholders of msge. Which also owns the garden and radio city. Crushed the stock.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
like there is no way they’re not opening for U2 on opening night.
I got stuck with them opening for Joe Walsh at Mohegan. The rest of the tour it was Bad Company. Got there late.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Been seeing videos on it for a week or so. Crazy technology. Absolutely “Vegas” lol it’s now a legit part of the skyline; wonder how far you can see it from. Right next to Venetian I believe

It is so Vegas that it’s almost too much Vegas for even Vegas.

It’s awesome and grotesque in equal measures.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom