Laranaga We didn’t forget you | The Boneyard

Laranaga We didn’t forget you

Reaction Score
Indiana, Houston, Texas. With that trail of bodies, ACC or not, we've got to take these guys very seriously.
I really wanted Drake to beat Miami in that first round game.

Reaction Score
"That put them in the regional final against 2004 champions and regional top seed Connecticut. The Patriots trailed by as much as 12 during the first half, and by nine early in the second. However, they would storm back to make the game close the rest of the way. Larrañaga would motivate his team during timeouts by telling his players that the UConn players didn't know what conference George Mason was in.[6] He told them that on this day "CAA" stood for "Connecticut Assassins Association." Mason would win 86–84 in overtime, becoming only the fourth team not from a BCS AQ conference to make the Final Four in a quarter-century (after UNLV in 1987 and 1991, Massachusetts in 1996 and Utah in 1998)."

-jesus...

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
We were loaded in 2006 Rudy Gay, Marcus Williams, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, Jeff Adrien, Denham Brown, Rashad Anderson. Denham Brown just misses a three in OT. GM shot 50% 3s. But we were a No.1 team all year but did not play consistently. This year we are loaded offensively and defensively and have something to prove. GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
Agreed. We had 1st rounders but Calhoun could never quite get them to play as a team, just 5 incredible players. I kept waiting for them to put it together that season but they never quite did...

They still say GM beating UConn was one of the biggest upsets in the tournament. Not likely. GM beat MSU and UNC before beating us in front of what was basically their home crowd.

Reaction Score
We were loaded in 2006 Rudy Gay, Marcus Williams, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, Jeff Adrien, Denham Brown, Rashad Anderson. Denham Brown just misses a three in OT. GM shot 50% 3s. But we were a No.1 team all year but did not play consistently. This year we are loaded offensively and defensively and have something to prove. GO UCONN!
And if it was for Laptop Gate, they would've had AJ Price, SMH. For all the great things Marcus Williams did, he wasn't a good defender. Price would've been able to put pressure on the guards defensively making it hard for them to make the entry passes into the post where UConn, surprisingly, got dominated.

Reaction Score
What i remember most about that nightmare was GMs bigs scoring at will over Boone and HIlton which drove me nuts. I did not realize Laranaga was the coach of that team but when i realized it i got this unexpected zing of anger that went through me and now i really cant wait for next weekend. I dont want us to just beat Miami i want us to give them the Gonzaga treatment. I want to quench my thirst on the tears of Larnagga and his players next Saturday. I WANT PAY BACK!!!

Reaction Score
isaiah wong was actually a freshman on that team!

only one uconn player from that game is playing in the final four. he's playing for florida atlantic university, though.
Sid Wilson?

Reaction Score
I’m having bad flashbacks. Was at that game sitting right behind poor Rudy Gay’s family who had brought Final 4 personalized t-shirts to put on after an expected win. Time to put that bad memory to rest on Saturday!
I told my son this evening, if we beat Laranaga in the Final Four, I think that after 16 years I will be able to sit through “Living on a Prayer” again.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom