Kyra Elzy in the Hot Seat? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kyra Elzy in the Hot Seat?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Of their remaining 8 games, six are against the bottom half of the conference, so there's still time. But a loss to Vandy is NOT GOOD.
Even if they win most of those games, does that prove anything? They've lost to almost every good team they've played, and picked up some surprising losses to Florida and Vandy. Wouldn't surprise me to see them lose at least 1 or 2 more games against teams they have no business losing to. With their schedule they can put some window dressing on the season, but clearly they have been a huge disappointment thus far.

Reaction Score
Even if they win most of those games, does that prove anything?

But it'll probably get them in the tournament.
The disaster scenario is they dont even make the NCAAs -- that will move things to DEFCON 9.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
But it'll probably get them in the tournament.
The disaster scenario is they dont even make the NCAAs -- that will move things to DEFCON 9.
Looking at their schedule, I just don't see a Tourney team. One good win against Georgia should not be enough. Otherwise their wins are against roadkill.

Remaining schedule is tougher than I thought--LSU, South Carolina and Arkansas, also Missouri who is no pushover. Texas A&M has been about as a big of a disappointment as UK, so I wouldn't put that in the tough category. They do have Vandy again, Bama and Auburn twice, but that looks like nearly even mix of tough games and easy games. And several of the tough games are on the road. Unless they pick up 2 or more quality wins, this team has no business even being mentioned being on the bubble.

Reaction Score
Looking at their schedule, I just don't see a Tourney team. One good win against Georgia should not be enough. Otherwise their wins are against roadkill.

Remaining schedule is tougher than I thought--LSU, South Carolina and Arkansas, also Missouri who is no pushover. Texas A&M has been about as a big of a disappointment as UK, so I wouldn't put that in the tough category. They do have Vandy again, Bama and Auburn twice, but that looks like nearly even mix of tough games and easy games. And several of the tough games are on the road. Unless they pick up 2 or more quality wins, this team has no business even being mentioned being on the bubble.
lol@roadkill. I doubt that team has even looked at their remaining schedule. They have the look of...can we hurry and get this season over with.

Reaction Score
Well, how far down the tube is Kentucky willing to let her take them before they make a change? It is early in her tenure, but it just keeps getting worse.
Didn't it take something like seven years for Tenn finally part ways with Holly?

Reaction Score
I'll just leave this here

In fairness to UK, they were missing 3 starters: Both starting posts (Hunt and Edwards) and SG Benton. That's in addition to the season ending injury in the beginning of the season to a projected starter and the dismissal of another player. They didn't have much of a bench to begin with, and basically surrounded Massengill and Howard with scrubs. Any team would struggle under these circumstances.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Didn't it take something like seven years for Tenn finally part ways with Holly?
Thing with Holly is she was landing good recruits consistently and made several deep tournament runs (I think 4 Elite 8s?) but the product on the floor was bad.

Elzy has Kentucky most likely missing the tournament with Rhyne Howard as a senior. Honestly that's reason enough to get the ax IMO but I expect she'll get a couple more years.

Reaction Score
In fairness to UK, they were missing 3 starters: Both starting posts (Hunt and Edwards) and SG Benton. That's in addition to the season ending injury in the beginning of the season to a projected starter and the dismissal of another player. They didn't have much of a bench to begin with, and basically surrounded Massengill and Howard with scrubs. Any team would struggle under these circumstances.
Ok, good background.
But Vandy just lost by 55 to South Carolina. Losing to them is not good.

Reaction Score
Ok, good background.
But Vandy just lost by 55 to South Carolina. Losing to them is not good.
It's a bad loss, but UK without all of those players mentioned is an inferior team to Vandy. If that UK team played SC (who beat them by 20 when all those players were available), they might not have had 5 players left to finish the game.

Reaction Score
Interesting game preview by Kentucky

Kentucky (9-8, 2-5 Southeastern Conference) – which is in the midst of playing four games in eight days – is also in a stretch of being as shorthanded as any team in the nation due to injuries and a disciplinary matter. UK has played each of its last four games missing at least two starters and it missed three in its last game at Vanderbilt. UK had just six players available vs. the Commodores, falling in Nashville 65-57. Four of UK's eighth losses have come with UK not full strength, missing at least one starter in each of those games and multiple starters in three games. The other four losses were road games at top-six ranked teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FYI KY leading LSU at half 34-33

Reaction Score
FYI KY leading LSU at half 34-33
LSU isnt good and has reverted to last year form. They could win but worst basketball of the season the last three games. Their defense is hot garbage and they all of sudden can't make wide open shots near the rim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom