OT: - Kyle Neptune/Cam Whitmore | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Kyle Neptune/Cam Whitmore

Reaction Score
Would everyone read the facts that are being set forth as opposed to writers adjectives added around the facts? Stating that Karaban should have been conference Freshman OTY over Whittemore is stating a reasonable opinion that many people -- including myself -- have. In no fair use of the English language is that statement "trashing" Whittemore. The opposite of setting forth complete and unqualified praise is not "trashing."
the naked gun facepalm GIF

Reaction Score
It's such an absurd thing for an opposing HC to say that I glanced at it and thought it was just a fake tweet from a UConn fan account.

I do wonder what all these people calling for his job have to say about Nick Saban and Kirby Smart trashing their own guys, though. This same kind of stuff has come out about them and no one ever wanted them fired.

Those guys can pull it off because they've earned the respect of the community. When you trash your first ever NBA draft prospect... completely different story.

Reaction Score
I think half the crowd here already understands this, but that Twitter account is BS doodoo posting, right? An nba scout didn’t say Neptune said whitmore sucks and Alex should’ve won BE freshman of the year, right??

Reaction Score
Those guys can pull it off because they've earned the respect of the community. When you trash your first ever NBA draft prospect... completely different story.
I'd still like a second source to confirm that his coach vouched for a kid on another team over him because I just have a hard time believing that's real.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Boeheim similarly cut down his own players and coached at Syracuse for 40 years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Boeheim similarly cut down his own players and coached at Syracuse for 40 years.
True, he would just kill guys. But it's easier to pull off with a track record.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: THC

pj

Reaction Score
Would everyone read the facts that are being set forth as opposed to writers adjectives added around the facts? Stating that Karaban should have been conference Freshman OTY over Whittemore is stating a reasonable opinion that many people -- including myself -- have. In no fair use of the English language is that statement "trashing" Whittemore. The opposite of setting forth complete and unqualified praise is not "trashing."

Yes. All we know for sure is that Ryen Russillo is attacking or slandering Kyle Neptune. We don't know if Ryen Russillo is honest, and even if he is accurately reporting what Neptune said to NBA GMs, as you say that doesn't show that Neptune was "trashing" Whitmore. At this point there's no reason to consider Russillo, who's been arrested for criminal entry while nude and intoxicated, more trustworthy than Neptune.

Reaction Score
Yes. All we know for sure is that Ryen Russillo is attacking or slandering Kyle Neptune. We don't know if Ryen Russillo is honest, and even if he is accurately reporting what Neptune said to NBA GMs, as you say that doesn't show that Neptune was "trashing" Whitmore. At this point there's no reason to consider Russillo, who's been arrested for criminal entry while nude and intoxicated, more trustworthy than Neptune.
This is lame, like really lame.

Everyone makes mistakes, I know Ryen A LITTLE bit, by no means am I a source or someone connected in circles, but I think that this was incredibly lame of you to do. He's a good dude, and heavily connected in NBA circles - so if he said this, he definitely has enough sources.

What I can say, and this is truly my opinion that Jay Wright grossly misread the situation, handed Neptune (someone IMO who looked wholly overmatched all season) a 2nd weekend of the NCAAs roster and he misses the tournament. Not to mention his players essentially quit on him as the season ended which led to a BET blowout.

I also go back to our early season thrashing of 'Nova when Neptune stuck his chest out (on the road) and then threw up his hands like a professional wrestler with a ketchup packet when Andre Jackson "gently ushered him out of the way" when the game started to get a bit chippy.

In summation: Nepture is a loser, Ryen Rusillo is not

pj

Reaction Score
This is lame, like really lame.

Everyone makes mistakes, I know Ryen A LITTLE bit, by no means am I a source or someone connected in circles, but I think that this was incredibly lame of you to do. He's a good dude, and heavily connected in NBA circles - so if he said this, he definitely has enough sources.

What I can say, and this is truly my opinion that Jay Wright grossly misread the situation, handed Neptune (someone IMO who looked wholly overmatched all season) a 2nd weekend of the NCAAs roster and he misses the tournament. Not to mention his players essentially quit on him as the season ended which led to a BET blowout.

I also go back to our early season thrashing of 'Nova when Neptune stuck his chest out (on the road) and then threw up his hands like a professional wrestler with a ketchup packet when Andre Jackson "gently ushered him out of the way" when the game started to get a bit chippy.

In summation: Nepture is a loser, Ryen Rusillo is not

Maybe so. I took the note on Russillo from Wikipedia, if that event is unrepresentative of his character or if Wikipedia mis-stated the truth, my apologies to him. I make no claims about Kyle Neptune either.

But, I do align with businesslawyer that Russillo's tweet was shameful. Russillo passed along a supposed quote from Neptune, which was a perfectly reasonable thing to think or say, and described it as Neptune "trashing" Whitmore. That characterization is out of line.

Reaction Score
The impossibility of replacing a legend is still batting 1.000. Best of luck to Adrian Autry, he will need it.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest folks, WE didn't understand based on BE games, team performance, eye test and stats why some had Whitmore as a #6-10 draft pick. He was good not great and disappeared at times. We liked Karaban better.
Then it is widely reported that he gave bad interviews to NBA teams.
= #20 seems about right with or without whatever the coach said or didn't say AND that has to be far down the list on draft pick determinants.

I also agree with those saying coaches need to be honest in their assessments AND that its likely the press is spinning a neutral comment from the coach as 'trashing' the kid. Ultimately he was drafted in the first round after one OK year in college and has a guaranteed contract on a team that will give him an opportunity to play. This is a pretty good outcome, I doubt it has a major effect on Villanova going forward.
Ultimately (as we know well), coaches are evaluated based on how well they do at the primary mission of the job which is of course measured and reflected in a teams record.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The GMs saw the same thing we all saw on the court a player with all the tools who didn't seem to put in the effort on the court and wasn't particularly well liked by his teammates. They asked and he answered

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Gee, and I thought he might have fallen because he didn't accomplish anything in college

Maybe journalistic hype and scouting reports didn't jive

Maybe he didn't interview well himself

Or maybe Neptune was giving his honest opinion. Maybe his honor means something to him. IDK

Reaction Score
From my vantage point I look at I who has the most incentive to say Kyle Neptune badmouthed Cam and that would indeed be Cam’s agent. Better to blame his former and first year coach rather than your fellow agents and agency. Also, there is an excellent chance some of Russillos sources were the same agents looking to cover their behinds.

Reaction Score
This feels like as good a place as any to point out that Ryan Russillo once said that he understands the mentality of the characters in The Town because he grew up on Martha’s Vineyard.

Up there with Bill claiming Memphis plays tight in big games because of the psychological trauma of the MLK assassination. The best unintentional comedy duo out there.

Reaction Score
What if the kid was an absolute punk and nightmare to coach? Leaking that to a shock jock is a scumbag move from the scout and only incentivizes coaches to lie and give you bad information. Or Whitmore’s camp is lying. I haven’t seen a person say a good thing about the kid off the court in the pre-draft process

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom