OT: - Kyle Neptune/Cam Whitmore | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Kyle Neptune/Cam Whitmore

Reaction Score
Something is going on when a kid with Top 5 talent is getting "passed on" by teams/GMs/Scouts with a need for a talented SF/PF such as him on their rosters.. Slips to 20.. Hope it works out for him..

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Cui bono? (who benefits?) That is the first question you should ask when you hear of a leak. Not whether the leak is true, or what it says, but who would benefit from the act and its result. After determining that, work from there. There are a number of answers to that question ranging from the athlete and his agent through the various scouts to GM and the coach himself.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Neptune got a lot of guff for not using Whitmore right and I bet there are hard feelings about that in the Whitmore camp. My guess would be that this is the Whitmore people trashing Neptune in revenge based on mere supposition.

But let's assume it's true, that Nepture didn't stick up for Whitmore. A fireable offense? GTF0.

As an employer, I get calls about former employees all the time. I put the best light I can on the person but sometimes all I can say is "yes, he worked here." As our mothers all taught us, if you've got nothing good to say...

One time we had a really bad tenant. When a potential new landlord called, my wife answered and she told the guy how bad our tennant was

I was like "you go girl, now we're still stuck with him" :)

Reaction Score
One time we had a really bad tenant. When a potential new landlord called, my wife answered and she told the guy how bad our tennant was

I was like "you go girl, now we're still stuck with him" :)
One time we rented a condo to a young couple. They got the most amazing reference from their supposed landlord. She said she needed the guest house they’d been living in for her mother to move into. She poured it on real thick and I felt pretty good about it.

Anyway, they showed up to see our rental property looking like a happy little family. Beautiful 20 something blond girl, a handsome and well dressed guy and a beautiful 18 month old baby boy. Fast forward 6 months, rent stops coming in, the guy is nowhere to be found and some strung out chick is now living in his place. Turns out the kid wasn’t the guy’s in the first place and the the two had really only been dating for a couple of months. The girl moved her new female lover in and it appeared all they did was do drugs and have sex. When we finally got them evicted I had to discard enormous amounts of , multiple vibrators and dildos on top of all the filth, ash trays, bottles, dirty clothes etc. Wore gloves for that job. I never let my wife see it. She would have sworn off real estate forever.

Reaction Score
One time we rented a condo to a young couple. They got the most amazing reference from their supposed landlord. She said she needed the guest house they’d been living in for her mother to move into. She poured it on real thick and I felt pretty good about it.

Anyway, they showed up to see our rental property looking like a happy little family. Beautiful 20 something blond girl, a handsome and well dressed guy and a beautiful 18 month old baby boy. Fast forward 6 months, rent stops coming in, the guy is nowhere to be found and some strung out chick is now living in his place. Turns out the kid wasn’t the guy’s in the first place and the the two had really only been dating for a couple of months. The girl moved her new female lover in and it appeared all they did was do drugs and have sex. When we finally got them evicted I had to discard enormous amounts of , multiple vibrators and dildos on top of all the filth, ash trays, bottles, dirty clothes etc. Wore gloves for that job. I never let my wife see it. She would have sworn off real estate forever.
Yikes. me and the misses are starting to rent out another house we purchase. I hope we never come across anything close to that gruesome.

Reaction Score
Happens all the time for me w/ high school football. A college coach asks me about one of my kids I'm honest and kids know this. I'm not going to tell them you're a hard worker when you loaf around at practice, do next to nothing in the offseason, and act like you're better than your teammates. Those coaches won't trust me when I have kids who ARE worthy and deserving of their shot.

Reaction Score
According to articles I’ve read Cam’s slip in the draft was more do to injury concerns. I don’t know enough about Neptune to form an opinion on if he’s in over his head. KN inherited better talent but I can think of a coach who was under 500 his first season at his school but a few years later won a national championship

Reaction Score
This also at the core of it could just be that the draft “experts” are nothing more than guessing. It’s the same as bracket experts, these people get paid for their opinions, which frankly if their opinions were so great they’d be the ones making the decisions, not guessing about them.

Reaction Score
According to articles I’ve read Cam’s slip in the draft was more do to injury concerns. I don’t know enough about Neptune to form an opinion on if he’s in over his head. KN inherited better talent but I can think of a coach who was under 500 his first season at his school but a few years later won a national championship
And Neptune had to start the year with his two real weapons out with injuries and work them in as the season was progressing. I have no clue if he is or is not up to the task of keeping 'Nova consistently ranked. (Asking him to do what Jay Wright did would be so unrealistic as to not be fair.) But given that Wright hand picked him, he deserves a chance and one year ain't it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

You win :)

Reaction Score
Sometimes the obvious answer is the answer. He was overhyped and accomplished little all year. Were you worried when he had the ball against uconn? No, throw up another brick cam. Neptune certainly did not impress. However he has cobbled together a deep impressive team for this year. The jury is still out on him.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Season 17 Nbc GIF by SVU

I'm just catching up. I don't understand any of the inter-lawyer posts but I'm hoping The Boneyard picks this up for another 4 page Season 2.

F<ers debating in Latin. Haha.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the obvious answer is the answer. He was overhyped and accomplished little all year. Were you worried when he had the ball against uconn? No, throw up another brick cam. Neptune certainly did not impress. However he has cobbled together a deep impressive team for this year. The jury is still out on him.
He still only 18. No reason to believe he can’t live up to his hype. I would bet the Rockets got a steal at #20

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's alarming how many of you don't even read the twitter username and/or click into to read a bio.
Even macho yentas gonna yenta. This story and thread are catnip for posters itching to dish and figuring it's a freebie cuz it's not our team.

It starts with the guy who called for Neptune's firing. He's the one who gave people the football to run with.

From all that's written here, I don't get any sense that Neptune was in the lead, pushing a damaging story. That'd be dumb & crazy for no good reason. He might not have satisfactorily rebutted somebody who'd already gotten a negative impression or wanted to push that angle. What good sense would it make for him to originate the criticism?

In time, we'll see enough from Whitmore and Neptune, and learn how good they are . Til then, is it really our business, or a way to show our own best sides? I doubt it.

The quote in the Karaban-related tweet sounds like some bad-energy fake praise toward Alex of the type that Cooley at his smarmiest like to sling, even if by slim chance it were true.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What if the kid was an absolute punk and nightmare to coach? Leaking that to a shock jock is a scumbag move from the scout and only incentivizes coaches to lie and give you bad information. Or Whitmore’s camp is lying. I haven’t seen a person say a good thing about the kid off the court in the pre-draft process
What's your motivation here?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Makin' memories, eh?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’d be on the side of honesty.

If Cam was a bad Apple he’s just that. Don’t need to go out your way to do it but you have to earn trust like others stated for the good of others who come after him.

It does make me wonder how Hurley handled Bouknight’s draft process seeing as that’s probably a similar situation.

Reaction Score
if this is true this is a bad look for Neptune

I have read this thread and come back to it when it is updated since you started it @aceboon... and although it may be a bad look for Neptune, I think a number of posters here have made very valid points. And now Russillo has walked it back, which happens often in these cases.

Which brings me to ONE OTHER THING... I am so sick and tired of hacks like Steve Franklin going all in on "this coach needs to be fired!" or any other stupid declaration with their fake outrage that is nothing more than click bait.

It is absolutely intellectually lazy and "twitter mob-ish" to go so over-the-top ballistic like this without even having the facts, and then using the weak "If he really did it" defense. I HATE guys like this! Oh, and with Russillo's mea culpa now this azzhat looks just as stupid as he really is.

Total BS... even giving him any validity is pathetic. IF (big if because none of us knows) Cam Whitmore was a detriment to the team, then Kyle Neptune should be honest about it to NBA scouts/front office people. If not, then he should never say it.

But either way Franklin was just looking to make a name for himself with such an idiotic take, nothing more.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
You win :)
All I got is renting to a nice threesome of young women who turned out to be a punk band, painted all the walls in the house like redrum, and gouged to hell our newly installed cherry floors. Needless to say that when their deposit didn't cover the damage, and they didn't pay the repair costs, their credit was severely impacted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom