2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Lofton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Lofton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Package deals that work out are as rare as a BY thread not going off topic but Lofton has NBA.level talent and is an underrated shooter and Osun is a mobile instinctive shot blocker … not sure why this wouldn’t be high on our list. Move Sanogo to the PF and good luck getting a rebound and stopping transition.

Reaction Score
Move Sanogo to the PF and good luck getting a rebound and stopping transition.
I’m a stop you right there chief. Unless Adama suddenly becomes a 35% three-point shooter there’s no way we can take on another interior non-shooter, especially one that would want 25+ minutes.

Sign Lofton up in a heartbeat though. Provided everyone on the team can come to an understanding on playing time.

Reaction Score
Package deals that work out are as rare as a BY thread not going off topic but Lofton has NBA.level talent and is an underrated shooter and Osun is a mobile instinctive shot blocker … not sure why this wouldn’t be high on our list. Move Sanogo to the PF and good luck getting a rebound and stopping transition.
28% & 24% from 3 over the last 2 seasons. Does he just have the worst shot selection ever? (Asking seriously)

Reaction Score

There is no way we’re playing Sanogo and Osun together. None. It would be less of a good fit then Sanogo and IW were. Would Osun help us as a backup center. Almost certainly yes, but I doubt he’ll come here for that purpose, nor would I want to set back DC’s development assuming he’s ready to play the minutes where Sanogo rests.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
28% & 24% from 3 over the last 2 seasons. Does he just have the worst shot selection ever? (Asking seriously)
Agree that the numbers aren’t ideal but the form is solid. Suspect the extended minutes (rarely came off the floor) and bailout shots had to play a role.

Reaction Score
Welch or Holmes from St Bonnie’s make more sense than Lofton IMO. They could at least play more 3 and let Jackson move around more between positions. Plus they’re both better shooters. I doubt any of them are coming here regardless.

Reaction Score
There is no way we’re playing Sanogo and Osun together. None. It would be less of a good fit that’s Sanogo and IW were. Would Osun help us as a backup center. Almost certainly yes, but I doubt he’ll come here for that purpose, nor would I want to set back DC’s development assuming he’s ready to play the minutes where Sanogo rests.
I respectfully disagree … DC’s development would not be hindered. Multiyear effort with young bigs that have good hands and slow feet.

Reaction Score
Welch or Holmes from St Bonnie’s make more sense than Lofton IMO. They could at least play more 3 and let Jackson move around more between positions. Plus they’re both better shooters. I doubt any of them are coming here regardless.
Welch is one dimensional and streaky and Holmes had a down year, compared to his junior campaign but I do like his energy.

Reaction Score
There's a less than 0 chance Sanogo is starting at PF. There's a better chance you play the 4 than Sanogo

Reaction Score
Welch is one dimensional and streaky and Holmes had a down year, compared to his junior campaign but I do like his energy.
I think Welch would be a role player who would fit well personally. Holmes and Lofton will probably both want a bigger role than they would get here and I don’t see Lofton coming to play alongside Newton.

Reaction Score
I’m a stop you right there chief. Unless Adama suddenly becomes a 35% three-point shooter there’s no way we can take on another interior non-shooter, especially one that would want 25+ minutes.

Sign Lofton up in a heartbeat though. Provided everyone on the team can come to an understanding on playing time.
The 4 doesn’t have to stroke 3’s … just has to pull the defense away from the middle. Adama has a mid-range game … but I hear ya chief

Reaction Score

If we have 4 outside shooters in the rotation, that’s all we need and 2 more than we had in recent years.
Has anyone been on a team with more than 4 guys who thought they could shoot? What a nightmare that would be.

Reaction Score
If we have 4 outside shooters in the rotation, that’s all we need and 2 more than we had in recent years.
Has anyone been on a team with more than 4 guys who thought they could shoot? What a nightmare that would be.
That must be why Jay Wright retired. Too many years living the nightmare of having all those guys who could shoot finally wore him out.

Reaction Score
Agree. I also don’t understand the narrative, we are all set up front. I would love to turn the tables on the 4out/1in crowd and beat them up inside, and actually have guys who can covert lay-ups. You do that and the basket looks bigger for the 3 shooters. To run, you need to defend/rebound first and people are underestimating Whaley’s and Martin’s rebounding void, heck even Cole’s.
I still think we're missing a lock down defender that can defend small bigs/large wings. We don't have a proven one at this point IMO.

Reaction Score
The 4 doesn’t have to stroke 3’s … just has to pull the defense away from the middle. Adama has a mid-range game … but I hear ya chief
How do you pull the defense away from the middle if you can't shoot the 3? Did you watch how defenses left Whaley wide open on the outside all year long because he was not a threat from outside? And I love Sanogo, but he has the exact opposite of mid range game lol. How many times did he score on a 10ft jump shot? I don't remember a single one.

Do you watch basketball in 2022 or just reruns of games from the 80's?

PWS

Reaction Score
How do you pull the defense away from the middle if you can't shoot the 3? Did you watch how defenses left Whaley wide open on the outside all year long because he was not a threat from outside? And I love Sanogo, but he has the exact opposite of mid range game lol. How many times did he score on a 10ft jump shot? I don't remember a single one.

I vaguely remember him making one with the shot clock winding down just to the right of the free-throw line. Other than that - He hasn't demonstrated a mid-range game. That said, he has decent form on free throws, so there is hope that he may be able to develop some semblance of a mid-range for next season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
80s? No thanks. Maybe 1989 forward. Those were good years.

Reaction Score
Sanogo's best (by far) offensive attribute is his low post footwork skills; it allows him to get lay-ins and occasionally a dunk. It is actually the most bankable offensive skillset we have in any of the returning presumed starters (i.e. Sanogo, Hawkins, and AJax). This is what the 4-out offensive scheme will build around. The perimeter players all have to at least be dangerous enough 3 point threats for it to work really well. It does seem very to highly likely that the current roster members can make it work. Time will tell, of course.

Reaction Score
Soooo...play together at St Bonnies essentially without a leash, and then finish 4th in the A10...

But, play together at a high major with same/more freedom and minutes wanted: National Championship.

Are they living in the twilight zone?
Have you watch St. Bonnie play? They run a set play Every time. Very very deliberate. Both are boarderline NBA guys. We are set at the 5 otherwise I be All in on these two. We want them out of the big east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom