Kyla Irwin | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kyla Irwin

Reaction Score
No problem. I knew when I posted that --that Faris is an Emotional favorite. Your opinions are yours
and the way you think you saw Kelly.
Frankly, heresy-, I never felt the same about Kelly and apparently the Pro's saw what I saw. She worked hard, tried hard, gave the team 80 percent all the time. But just not a talented player. She had ONE very good game and never repeated that, and Geno commented on giving her too much praise for that one game. She never could defend a smaller Diggins, who took Kelly to defense school in a couple of games.
Irwin hasn't had the luxury of PT because she is on a more all around talented team--and honestly is still learning
I guess on this one ---we'll have to agree to disagree---I know my opinion is in the minority.
Opinions are what make the By go around.

Whoa I disagree with everything you said. Not just one thing. But across the board. I think you let your emotion of maybe a player you didn't enjoy as much get in the way of reality. As another poster said you usually make great posts. On this subject - your opinion isn't an opinion. It's as someone else said - it's just wrong. Whatever.

Reaction Score
My only comment on your opinion is to wonder how you could say Kelly Faris gave 80% all the time! Most UCONN players give 100%, and doubt Kelly EVER gave less!!

BroadwayVa,

No problem. I knew when I posted that --that Faris is an Emotional favorite. Your opinions are yours
and the way you think you saw Kelly.
Frankly, heresy-, I never felt the same about Kelly and apparently the Pro's saw what I saw. She worked hard, tried hard, gave the team 80 percent all the time. But just not a talented player. She had ONE very good game and never repeated that, and Geno commented on giving her too much praise for that one game. She never could defend a smaller Diggins, who took Kelly to defense school in a couple of games.
Irwin hasn't had the luxury of PT because she is on a more all around talented team--and honestly is still learning
I guess on this one ---we'll have to agree to disagree---I know my opinion is in the minority.
Opinions are what make the By go around.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really like Kyla and am very happy she is on the team, but realistically any comparison to Kelly Faris is a huge stretch.

Faris played in EVERY game of her career, all 154, and she AVERAGED over 1050 minutes of playing time each year. She started the last 115 games of her career starting with the first game of her sophomore season. As a freshman she played 738 minutes or 19 minutes a game.

Kyla has played in 44 of a possible 53 games so far in her career with zero starts. As a freshman she played a total of 243 minutes and as a sophomore she has played 104 minutes. I will be pleasantly surprised if by the end of her sophomore season she has reached 500 total minutes of playing time for her career.

At some point in her career Geno said of Kelly, her next bad game will be her first. In Kyla's 44th game she scored 8 points setting a new personal high, Kelly Faris averaged 7.2 points per game for her career.

Again, I really like Kyla and as I posted on the first page she has great footwork and is a dedicated and smart player on this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom