Kolek out for the next two games | The Boneyard

Kolek out for the next two games

Reaction Score
I can't recall an oblique injury being any less than 6 weeks in other sports

I think he's done for the year
His play style with those whip around passes certainly poses a greater risk of reinjuring it too. He'll definitely give it a go in the NCAAT but who knows how effective he can be with an injury like that

Reaction Score
This obviously sucks for Marquette and the Big East more broadly, but also puts us in a no-win situation on Wednesday. The narrative will be either:

W: UConn beats top 10 Marquette on the road, but without Kolek does it really mean anything?
L: UConn lost to Marquette without Kolek -- are they in trouble?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Smart move by Marquette. I'd hold him out of the BET too.

Unless it is a very mild strain, I don't think they will have a choice. 2 weeks is the minimum I see from my watching baseball days. The absolute best case for them right now is probably the NCAA tournament and that could even be dicey. I don't care for the kid (or marquette for that matter) but I don't like seeing players losing time at the part of the year they all live for. That is really tough.

Reaction Score
This obviously sucks for Marquette and the Big East more broadly, but also puts us in a no-win situation on Wednesday. The narrative will be either:

W: UConn beats top 10 Marquette on the road, but without Kolek does it really mean anything?
I wouldn't be too worried about the narrative. The computers won't care if he played or not and I don't think most of the selection committee watches much basketball anyway.

Reaction Score
Smart move by Marquette. I'd hold him out of the BET too.
What?! If he's capable of playing he should play in the BET. I don't agree with the philosophy that the NCAA is the be all and all.

Echo others in being bummed for Wednesday's game becoming diminished by this. Still a big game though and Marquette played very well without Kolek & Ighodaro . Well until the last 5 minutes. Hopefully the latter plays against us.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Unless it is a very mild strain, I don't think they will have a choice. 2 weeks is the minimum I see from my watching baseball days. The absolute best case for them right now is probably the NCAA tournament and that could even be dicey. I don't care for the kid (or marquette for that matter) but I don't like seeing players losing time at the part of the year they all live for. That is really tough.

I would expect him to try to play through it in the NCAAs if he's not 100%.

Reaction Score
This sucks. Wednesday will still be a war but damn I wanted MQs best. Hope they are right for the NCAA tournament

Reaction Score
We need more competition as we head into NCAAs. Not less. So this sucks for us. Also sucks for Marquette and he league. They are completely dead in the water without him. I hope he can play in the NCAAs.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score

Well, thankfully they beat him by 28 a couple weeks ago.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be too worried about the narrative. The computers won't care if he played or not and I don't think most of the selection committee watches much basketball anyway.

Pretty sure our spot in the NCAAs is locked in no matter what happens at Marquette.

Reaction Score
We need more competition as we head into NCAAs. Not less. So this sucks for us. Also sucks for Marquette and he league. They are completely dead in the water without him. I hope he can play in the NCAAs.
They are? In your head or on the court? On the court, they played Creighton even in Omaha for 36 minutes without not just him but their center as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom