Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
It definitely benefitted Tristen no doubt. But how much? Do you think Tristen is a first rounder in this upcoming draft?
Tristen wont be a first rounder, decent possibility he isn’t drafted at all. He will probably get a shot on a two way though if nothing else. Alex is interesting because it’s possible he’d get drafted 35-45 range like Andre last year. Then it’d depend on what team drafted him. I don’t think there’s a super clear cut answer for Alex; he either returns for a good NIL package and is about the range he’s in now (maybe worse who knows) or he leaves and gets drafted to start his career. It’s an uphill battle for him either way but he’s too smart & skilled to not land In the league in some capacity .

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
In my head, signing up for hopeful recruitment bits from Storrs Central and Tilly’s Discord is the same as subscribing to your local towns’ mistress’s Only Fans page.

Everyone’s an insider now!

Even if you feel that way, you're directly supporting UConn basketball players with your $10 a month. Even if I got absolutely nothing out of my subscription (which, spoiler, that is not the case at all), I'm happy helping to keep UConn basketball at a high level.

Reaction Score
It definitely benefitted Tristen no doubt. But how much? Do you think Tristen is a first rounder in this upcoming draft?
I think Tristen will be an upper half second round pick but the biggest thing is I think he's ready to play in the NBA. He wasn't ready last year and wouldn't have been drafted. Karaban could be an upper half second round pick now but I don't think he would make the NBA now and that puts you behind the 8 ball and makes life really difficult making it in the NBA.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think Tristen will be an upper half second round pick but the biggest thing is I think he's ready to play in the NBA. He wasn't ready last year and wouldn't have been drafted. Karaban could be an upper half second round pick now but I don't think he would make the NBA now and that puts you behind the 8 ball and makes life really difficult making it in the NBA.
I think if Alex gets feedback he is a 2nd rounder he probably comes back.

Reaction Score
I think if Alex gets feedback he is a 2nd rounder he probably comes back.
Especially if the input is that he is in the lower half.

The key is the likelihood of his getting a guaranteed contract wherever he is projected if that is the second round.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
His value to the NBA draft will most likely never be higher than it is right now.
You don't think he'll play a more prominent role on this year's team? He also ended the year on a bit of a three point slump, which I don't expect to continue. Last year Donovan was expected to go low first round, high second round. He stayed and will likely be a lottery pick. Well I don't Karaban making a jump like that, I could see him moving up with a good run this year.

That said, he'll go to some camps and get some feedback and have better information than our speculation to basis decision on. I wish him the best regardless of whatever route he chooses. He's been a productive player for us and seems to be a great kid.

Reaction Score
Latest trilly update, Kentucky is talking to Bamba today, maybe the meeting with Brea ended poorly?
I think it’s more of a Kentucky panic mode as they lost 90% of their team and need to have bodies. But also, it’s the same mentality that Duke, Kansas and NC have to recruit all the best talented HS 5* and portal transfers, better known as the extremely gluttonous hoarding disorder.

Reaction Score
He could be but at least he will get drafted unlike last year.

Reaction Score
Latest trilly update, Kentucky is talking to Bamba today, maybe the meeting with Brea ended poorly?
I think some signals are getting crossed and tea leaves read wrong on the Trillycord.

I heard from a reputable source that Kentucky played the song “La Bamba” when Brea arrived because they knew of his Dominican roots.

Easy to see how the two rumors could be conflated

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think that even without Brea, we could end up having a minimum of 3 shooters go 38%+ from 3pt range next year on decent volume. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was 4-5 with a couple in the 40-45% range based on who comes back

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Well, no. Also, your town has a local mistress? How does she handle that? Anyway.

I think Trilly definitely has terrific sources. Whether it’s worth money to get his information three minutes before everyone else gets it, that’s up to you.

Storrs Central is an NIL play that almost 25 years of familiarity with the network model makes me somewhat skeptical of long-term, but you cannot doubt the sincerity of the effort of those involved.
Take a trip back to local CT and you’ll find some hapless 22-30 year olds give up on life and start Only Fans pages. There you can pay $10 a month to see “special content.” I’m guessing some are more successful than others.

But anyways, my point is no matter what they post it gets copied/pasted within minutes to anyone who cares. Sort of like Trilly’s content and Storrs Central’s content.

However, the reason behind Storrs Central is a little different than Only Fans. Trilly, I’m not sure what he does with his cash.
Even if you feel that way, you're directly supporting UConn basketball players with your $10 a month. Even if I got absolutely nothing out of my subscription (which, spoiler, that is not the case at all), I'm happy helping to keep UConn basketball at a high level.
According to UConn, I’ve been helping pay the cost of tutors and academic aids as well as the cost of attendance. Next year, I’ll be paying for the cost of equipment and uniforms. Fun stuff.

If you can provide me with a good reason to pay $120/year on something not alcohol let me know, I’ll gladly do it.

Reaction Score
Says the guy with 20,000 comments. Consider going outside, it’s nice this time of year.
You should probably learn your audience before you say anything.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Says the guy with 20,000 comments. Consider going outside, it’s nice this time of year.

Attachments

• 93d2b0a371abcd09aaa1c9e50e28732e.jpg
    93d2b0a371abcd09aaa1c9e50e28732e.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 21

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You don't think he'll play a more prominent role on this year's team? He also ended the year on a bit of a three point slump, which I don't expect to continue. Last year Donovan was expected to go low first round, high second round. He stayed and will likely be a lottery pick. Well I don't Karaban making a jump like that, I could see him moving up with a good run this year.

That said, he'll go to some camps and get some feedback and have better information than our speculation to basis decision on. I wish him the best regardless of whatever route he chooses. He's been a productive player for us and seems to be a great kid.
He’d play a huge role. I just don’t know how much that helps for NBA. This ain’t 1994 any longer

Reaction Score
So much to speculate here. Brea was my biggest want and McNeely was #2. The kid Mahaney is a good catch but I wasn't to thrilled looking at his stats against some of the tougher competition from the lesser P5 opponents. I trust Hurley will make it work but an experience ball handler is still a concern. I just know Castle and Newton carried that load and it will be missed

Reaction Score
So much to speculate here. Brea was my biggest want and McNeely was #2. The kid Mahaney is a good catch but I wasn't to thrilled looking at his stats against some of the tougher competition from the lesser P5 opponents. I trust Hurley will make it work but an experience ball handler is still a concern. I just know Castle and Newton carried that load and it will be missed
Not to spoil it for you - but Mahaney's stats are going to look much better in a better offense and with different shot taking responsibilities.

Reaction Score
An experienced ball handler is what Mahaney is, it's not a concern anymore

Reaction Score
I really hope we still get Brea bc Mahaney is gonna play the point too small for the 2 & Hurley like size after getting handled by Villanova all those years

Reaction Score
So Alex comes back? No major need for Brea.

No Alex, we could use one more piece.

I like Brea IF he knows what he is, a #6 that will see a lot of the floor if he plays his game which is nailing threes.

Diara and Nowell @ the 1
Reed and Johnson @ the 5

Ball/Brea/Mahaney+Karaban/McNeeley/Stewart

That would be a lot bodies to play 2-4, different combos.

I really want Alex to come back, with or without Brea we are a serious contender

Reaction Score
The good news is you don’t need to worry about this anymore with Mahaney.

If we got Brea and didn’t get Mahaney then it would have been a huge concern.

Reaction Score

They're just very different players.

Mahaney is better than his stats show, and he's exactly the experienced ball handler we need. His numbers are depressed a bit because (a) he was forced to take bad shots at the end of the shot clock a lot, and (b) the Gaels play at a really slow pace, so he simply got fewer opportunities. He's similar to Newton and Spencer in a lot of ways, just a great decision maker. There's concerns of course.... he's not the rebounder Newton or Spencer were, it remains to be seen if he has the athleticism to hang in the Big East, etc. But he's a great get.

Brea would be fantastic to land too, but he's much more one-dimensional. He would be an amazing weapon for Hurley and staff to deploy, but I feel like he's a bit more of a luxury, whereas Mahaney fulfills a clear need.

Reaction Score
Mahaney played for a defense first, extremely slow tempo, mediocre offensive team. He had lots of shots at the very end of the shot clock which skewed his FG% to the lower end. He will now be on a team that finished #3 and #1 in offensive efficiency the last 2 years and will be surrounded by much better players. I think he's perfectly capable of shooting 45% and 40% from 3 this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom