KO will most likely keep both open ships for next years class. | The Boneyard

KO will most likely keep both open ships for next years class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Forgive me if this has been posted in another thread- (but any news is interesting to me this time of year).

It looks like he will keep both spots open for 2017.

I like it -and hope it means we are in good standing with our top targets. Not sure there are a ton of players left (that could have an impact and we are in the mix for)-unless someone reclassifies.

DOOMED!!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is this conjecture or do you have a source?

C

Chief00

This means we struck out on some late guys after running the table earlier - ok what changed ? I am not going there but I did predict it due to a changing circumstance.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
This means we struck out on some late guys after running the table earlier - ok what changed ? I am not going there but I did predict it due to a changing circumstance.

We will be fine without Bunky. I hate to be that guy but correlation is not causation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We will be fine without Bunky. I hate to be that guy but correlation is not causation.
Seen that quote before. Thought about it then as well. I probably would say "not necessarily causation". It's important to debunk inaccuracy if you get my drift.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Denial is an interesting human emotion to observe.

I agree :D. Either way, it was tough not picking up anyone after Vital but I trust in the staff and can't wait for next season.

Reaction Score
Why not give it to a walk on for a year and keep one open if there is a last minute thing

Reaction Score
Did not read it- info came from a very solid source.
thanks so much for sharing! You have had good info over the years.

Got any more nuggets?? :)

Reaction Score
From the standpoint of PT for the youngsters so they can develop, it's not the same at all.
Yeah I am pretty bummed we missed out on grad transfers and esp Justin Jackson and Taurean (to a lesser extent).

But maybe one of the frosh can play day one. If we are starting Facey, I would have rather added a grad transfer as I think Facey is a solid reserve.

But I had not thought of the angle of Jackson/Diarra developing a lot faster playing than watching as alluded to in the quote. That's a great point. If Durham can play some stretch 4 I will feel a lot better about it, but certainly the staff has been doing well recruiting and they didn't push for any grad transfers at all compared to previous years.

C

Chief00

Jackson may be a stretch shooter but not a stretch athlete - time will tell. Diarra has a heart and a motor - put him in the football weight room and throw away the keys.

C

Chief00

This program is far bigger than one Bunky. You of all people should know that. Tut tut!
Since we have some quotes here - President Kennedy use to say and I paraphrase "Success has a thousand fathers and failure is an orphan".

C

Chief00

Since we have some quotes here - President Kennedy use to say and I paraphrase "Success has a thousand fathers and failure is an orphan".

Actually it's "Victory has a thousand fathers and defeat is an orphan". But same meaning.

Reaction Score
From the standpoint of PT for the youngsters so they can develop, it's not the same at all.
True, but the comment was about having open scholarships next year. Senior transfers leave you with the same number of available scholarships as not filing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom