KML | The Boneyard

KML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The drought, in my opinion, is about to end. I thought she did some very smart things yesterday. With her shooting confidence clearly compromised, she went on the floor determined to find ways to help her team, and did exactly that with some great passing and solid defense. Her skills are undeniable, and she has too much basketball intelligence to be down for long. Geno's confidence in her is clearly undiminished, and she's about to break out.

Reaction Score
No one's ever been able to understand slumps in any sport as far as I know. Even joltin' Joe must have struck out twice in a row once, maybe.

Reaction Score
I think she let it gotten into her head about her shooting slump, this kind of scares me, she needs to shake it off and let it flies.
I have no doubt that she will be our savior in a close game down the road to another NC.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
KML has one of the most beautiful shots I have seen. I have no doubt that she will spend hours in the gym regaining her confidence and she will hit 7 or 8 three pointers in a game and nobody will remember that she ever had a bad game. Hey, even POY candidates have a couple of bad shooting games in a row.

Reaction Score
I am curious how much her injury really hurt her. Now there are people here who says she is out of shape and let her team down... along with the announcers from the Baylor game... or maybe she saw all the negative comments from the supposed fans and it is messing with her mental game... who knows. What is known is Kaleena is an amazing player and will work her way out of this.

Interesting how last year when Breanna was in a slump (not related to injury) everyone supported her... now it is how out of shape Kaleena is.. sad.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I am curious how much her injury really hurt her. Now there are people here who says she is out of shape and let her team down... along with the announcers from the Baylor game... or maybe she saw all the negative comments from the supposed fans and it is messing with her mental game... who knows. What is known is Kaleena is an amazing player and will work her way out of this.

Interesting how last year when Breanna was in a slump (not related to injury) everyone supported her... now it is how out of shape Kaleena is.. sad.

Because slumps happen and there is nothing you can do about it. People see conditioning as a choice. I think people underestimate the impact of the injury and that game against Duke reinforced that.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - I think so too. It was interesting to see Geno ripping into her during the TO just before the end of the first half. She had just received a beautiful pass down low, was wide open for a lay-up and for some reason didn't even think about shooting until the defense had recovered and she passed back out.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yeah - I think so too. It was interesting to see Geno ripping into her during the TO just before the end of the first half. She had just received a beautiful pass down low, was wide open for a lay-up and for some reason didn't even think about shooting until the defense had recovered and she passed back out.
I noticed that too. She did some good things. We are so used to her knocking down most of her shots and being much more involved in the box score. Her talent is undeniable, but obviously UCONN fans everywhere are hoping she's back to 100% soon!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Okay, she is in a slump. First ever? She'll work it out. The suggestion of a couple of posters that somehow the Boneyard is piling on her is just not supported by the facts. A number of us have noted that her conditioning is definitely off. It is understandable and it should resolve before the end of February. I don't recall one mean spirited post, so let's not make it something it is not. Kaleena has a good deal of maturity about her and this will soon just be something in the rear view mirror.

Reaction Score
When I damaged my ulnar nerve, it was a year before fingers 4 and 5 went from no feeling to recovery. During that time, I had complete use of the hand minus the feeling in those two fingers. I wonder if KML has some residual damage along those lines? Note that I am not saying she does, just asking the question.

Reaction Score

First off there is no denying that Kaleena is still working herself back to shape but to say that she hasn't gotten support in doing so is just false. Secondly because I am a fan doesn't mean that I will "sugarcoat" my opinion about a player on my favorite team. If you think for a second that Kaleena reads any of these posts you are crazy and if you think that comments made on this site are "messing with her mental game" then you are certifiable. She is a top athlete that plays with "ice in her veins" in front of 20,000 people screaming at her but is going to be affected by a fan forum? Give it up!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

No one is piling on, no one is disrespecting this fine player.

You need a nap.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I know I have posted this many times before, but Maria Conlon once missed 31 consecutive 3 pointers. She kept on shooting and we won the NC. Relax and be of good cheer. KML will be just okey dokey.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When we least expect it, Kaleena will explode on some team.
When do we play Duke again? :)

This team is firing on several cylinders right now. Kaleena may not be the primary scoring option, as she was last year, but she should still be getting about 15 shots per game. If Kaleena has a good look, I almost always think that's a good option for this team.

Reaction Score
I wonder if wearing a sleeve on that arm will help her, support-wise, without having the cumbersome full brace on.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its really gonna be amazin when she gets her shot back. Can you imagine how much better we will be? Now that's exciting...for UConn and their fans but not for their opponents.

Reaction Score
I hope she keeps shooting whenever she's open. I don't know any way
out of a slump other than to shoot your way out.

Reaction Score
When do we play Duke again? :)
Projected next game with Duke will be on April 6 in the semi-final game at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. Game time to be announced at a later time. :cool:

66 TO GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog