KK Arnold and Allie Ziebell invited to USA Basketball U-19 Trials | The Boneyard

KK Arnold and Allie Ziebell invited to USA Basketball U-19 Trials

Reaction Score
Playing in a prep league takes many players out sight. Prep school results are thinly reported and many schools don't publish a box score.
From everything I've watched and read about her character I'm confident Shade will be ready upon arrival. Both she and Samuels come in with reps as tenacious defenders and good 3pt shooters. That should make Geno smile.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Shade missed the age cutoff.
According to the FIBA basketball web page, Ashlynn Shade's date of birth is
July 13, 2004. I suspect that Ashlynn playing at Lalumiere School (this year, 2022-2023) may have made
a difference?? When July comes along, we should all wish Ashlynn a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!

Reaction Score
KK is a USA Basketball vet at this point, I think she’s a lock for the team. Hoping Allie can join her.

The USA coaches tend to like the experience factor when building a roster. Depending on how many PGs they want to carry, I think Arnold and Hidalgo may be competing for a 3rd PG slot along with Jones behind Rice and Lepolo. The one year of college experience is likely a big deal to them and a 3rd kid would probably not get much PT anyways.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This is great, but I hope they don't get any injuries that would keep them from playing in the European Trip in August.

Reaction Score
The USA coaches tend to like the experience factor when building a roster. Depending on how many PGs they want to carry, I think Arnold and Hidalgo may be competing for a 3rd PG slot along with Jones behind Rice and Lepolo. The one year of college experience is likely a big deal to them and a 3rd kid would probably not get much PT anyways.
Has Lepolo played for team USA before? I think they prefer team USA experience which Hidalgo has over Lepolo and Arnold.

Reaction Score
Has Lepolo played for team USA before? I think they prefer team USA experience which Hidalgo has over Lepolo and Arnold.
Arnold played on the U16 in 2021. Hidalgo U17 in 2022. I would think Lepolo starting 31 games at 26 mpg for Stanford would outweigh 5 games apiece against overmatched HS kids in a tournament for those other two. But I don’t know what these USA coaches value more for experience.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

2023 USA Basketball Women’s U19 National Team Roster (selections in bold):

KK Arnold, Connecticut
Madison Booker, Texas
Sydney Bowles, Texas A&M
Essence Cody, alabama
Talaysia Cooper, South Carolina
Breya Cunningham, Arizona
Aalyah Del Rosario, LSU
Jadyn Donovan, Duke
Joyce Edwards, Camden High School
Hannah Hidalgo, Notre Dame
Londynn Jones, UCLA
Chloe Kitts, South Carolina

Alyssa Latham, Syracuse
Talana Lepolo, Stanford
Cotie McMahon, Ohio State

Kiyomi McMiller, Life Center Academy
Courtney Ogden, Stanford
Mackenly Randolph, Sierra Canyon School
Kiki Rice, UCLA
Kennedy Smith, Etiwanda High School
Sarah Strong, Grace Christian School
Grace VanSlooten, Oregon
Juju Watkins, Southern Cal
Allie Ziebell, Neenah Hgh School

Reaction Score
With Hidalgo and Rice on the roster, KK may have been odd person out for the point guard position. Gives her motivation to work hard when she arrives on campus.

sun

Reaction Score
Now I notice that Juju also wasn't selected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom