Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements?

Reaction Score
Won closest to the pin at a charity tournament. Better to be lucky than good.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Top 75 b-ball in country
1st team Ct. All-State b-ball
1st team all-conference twice
Five Star All- Star twice
High major D-1 recruit
Where did you play in college?

Reaction Score
REC League Baseball 13 year olds circa 2000, our 1-4 hitters all batted over .500 with 30+SB in a 18 game season.

We got mercied game one of the shoreline semis, then mercied the other team (North Branford 2) twice to reach the finals.

Finals, we get mercied game one. We mercy the other team (Guilford) twice to win the shoreline title.

I’d never played 2 straight mercy games, let alone 6 !!!!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I batted over .600* (it was little league so I am sure there were some errors not accounted for) for my little league all-star team in the post season district tournament. Our team was stacked, mercy ruled just about every team we played in the tournament except Orange who beat us twice, our only losses, including in the semi-finals to eliminate our hopes of moving past the districts.

Needless to say my baseball career was not as fruitful after that, as I think my talent was maxed out shortly after. Boy it's great to live 25 years in the past.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I hit a cycle of home runs (solo, two run, three run, and grand slam) in a rec league softball game last year. We still lost.
One-pitch tournament in Stamford about 13 years ago I managed to strikeout every way possible. Swinging, looking, foul out (I guess technically not really a strikeout but a one-swing out never the less). In fairness, we played two morning games then had a 5 hour gap until the next game thus my teammates and I spent most of the time drinking heavily at Colony Pizza before the next game.

Reaction Score
Sad, but the highlight of my athletic career was making all three put-outs in an inning for my high school team as a right fielder. Most hitters are righties and pull the ball to left field, so getting hit to right in one inning was special for me. Never happened before or after.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I won a dorm darts tournament in college - I rarely played but magically got in the zone that night. I was drunk too, which I swear helped.

I took 2nd in the U14 division of the Litchfield Hills Road Race when I was just 11. Unfortunately, my running career came to a crashing halt when I hit puberty.

I once hit 7 three point shots in a high school basketball game coming off the bench. Coach still never started me. I hated him.

Reaction Score
In junior high/high school...
ran track against a future olympic gold medalist in the 4x400..(he had to give it back) Jerome Young
played baseball on the same team as a world series winning pitcher -Carl Pavano
played football against a future super bowl winning DB -Tebucky Jones
played little league against the Trumbull baseball team (Chris Drury) who won the LL world series
I also had the pleasure of running against Jerome Young in the 500m at indoor state opens. I had won the class L race and missed going to New Englands by 1 place. That Prince Tech 4x400 was so dominant with Jerome and Kenroy Seargeant. I remember Aaron Haynes was a pretty ridiculous intermediate hurdler.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t a great basketball player, but in one game in my town rec league I hit three three-pointers in the final minute of a game, with the last being the game winner…I didn’t even see it go in!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If by personal, you include teams:
  • Was on intramural championship football and soccer teams at UConn. - We had half the track team, including all the sprinters in my dorm. I was not a key player.
  • Lost in the UConn intramural softball championship game b/c we allowed them to use two varsity baseball players (we had one).
  • Recruited and captained the KU Law softball championship team that finally beat the Law Review team for the first time in over a decade. Won the first game with two outfielders. Juggernaut.
Pretty sad.

Reaction Score
Won an A division softball league as a 57 year old shortstop.
First time running the mile in basic training posted 6 minutes 10 seconds, at the end of basic training it was over 9 minutes. Too much muscle isn’t always the best thing!

Reaction Score
Batted .759 last year LL….. Batted .750 in 4 all star games with 2 2HR games and one in each of the others. Shut out a Wallingford team 1-0 on a 2 hit/11 K stint and hit the HR with 2 outs in the 6th.
Had 11 straight hits my senior year…. a hit last AB versus Plainville then 4-4 versus Southington next game and 6-6 versus rival Platt last game of the year. We got beat by Waterford and Brian Winters (big lefty cup of coffee with the Cubs) 3-2 in the state semis. We did beat New Britain 13-8 to stop their 46 game win streak during the regular season as well.

Won the Greater Hartford Twilight League title our first year in it (Katz Sport Shop Meriden) and the cool thing was it was the strike year on MLB in’81. Baseball fans needed their fix so instead of playing in front of 50-100 family and friends the whole town of Meriden were coming to the games. 1-2K people fun summer.

Beat New Haven to win the state Jr Pro title at 12 yrs old had 28 in that one. Got beat by Roxbury in the Northeast finals by 1 or we would have gone to Rupp Arena to the nationals.

17 and 21 versus a good Mattatuck team in community college with former Husky Al Frederick. I think he had 35 and 38 if memory serves me correctly.

Reaction Score
If by personal, you include teams:
  • Was on intramural championship football and soccer teams at UConn. - We had half the track team, including all the sprinters in my dorm. I was not a key player.
  • Lost in the UConn intramural softball championship game b/c we allowed them to use two varsity baseball players (we had one).
  • Recruited and captained the KU Law softball championship team that finally beat the Law Review team for the first time in over a decade. Won the first game with two outfielders. Juggernaut.
Pretty sad.
I’ve found most baseball players suck at softball until they get a few years under their belt

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ve found most baseball players suck at softball until they get a few years under their belt
These guys were hitting massive home runs and had cannon arms from the outfield. Our guy too. He was a pitcher but played CF for us and could hit bombs.

Reaction Score
Gotta go waaaaay back.
Undefeated in varsity singles tennis my senior year of high school. 13-0
Then I got to the state tourney. ;)

Reaction Score

So true funny story. After being a pretty good baseball player for many years in town when I was done playing in twilight leagues all over the town softball teams were bidding for my talents. Elected to play for Fortes Cafe best team in town and one of the best in the state. I hit for a higher average in all of my years of baseball than that one year of softball. Watching kids who couldn’t make the HS baseball team bat .600-.700 and I’m at .300-.350 made me decide to only play 1 year. Played some great defense loved the speed of the ball on a small field but I’ve never grounded and popped up so much in my damn life, I was putrid offensively.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
These guys were hitting massive home runs and had cannon arms from the outfield. Our guy too. He was a pitcher but played CF for us and could hit bombs.
We had a guy on our company team - Bill Silverstein - who said he was once in the Royals system as a 6'5" catcher. We were playing at Westhill HS once and he dropped a bomb in the parking lot we estimated at 425ft. Also led league in OF assists. Dude fired lasers from LF that actually stung when IF or C caught 'em.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Led my office softball team to the league championship with 4 hits and 4 RBI in the title game to beat the team that had knocked us out 3 years in a row.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom