Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements? | The Boneyard

Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements?

Reaction Score
Won my friend group’s large summer beer die tournament 2 of the last 3 years.

Gonna try to make it 3 in 4 a week from Saturday!!!

Tongue-in-cheek, of course, but no drinking game imo is more fun than beer die. It’s a shame it only seems to have made it to the east coast in the last 6-8 years.

Reaction Score
Called my extra inning home run to win high school game to reporter Hal Levy while in on deck circle. He wrote article comparing me to babe ruth lol.

Following year at Uconn happened to live across hall from the very pitcher i went deep on in Towers. I plastered my door with copies of the article, so he saw it everytime he left his room ( til he tore them down first drunken weekend lol)

Reaction Score
I hit a cycle of home runs (solo, two run, three run, and grand slam) in a rec league softball game last year. We still lost.
Won my friend group’s large summer beer die tournament 2 of the last 3 years.

Gonna try to make it 3 in 4 a week from Saturday!!!

Tongue-in-cheek, of course, but no drinking game imo is more fun than beer die. It’s a shame it only seems to have made it to the east coast in the last 6-8 years.
back to back post/avatar

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Wow, that's impressive. That would kill me. Literally.
It was hillier than I was used to, too. Just an absolutely devastating ride. I took like a year off from cycling after it.

Reaction Score
A couple years ago I signed up for some random golf fundraiser tournament I saw a flyer for and won the long drive trophy. They were all confused why this person who had no connection to the organization actually showed up.

Reaction Score
My accomplishments as a coach matter much more to me because I get to see other people succeed. I've coached MMA/Muay Thai, XC, track and field, and basketball.
  • Basketball
    • 1 HS conference championship.
    • Never had a losing season.
    • From high school--4 kids on college rosters (maybe 3? I'm forgetting)
    • From AAU--probably a dozen kids D1, 1 professional player.
  • Track and field--I coached sprinters and jumpers.
    • I believe 6 kids from track and field are on D1 rosters.
    • 1 state championship in track and field (boys)
    • 2 conference championships in T&F (1 boys, 1 girls)
  • XC
    • 1 state championship in XC
    • I think 3 conference championships in XC
  • MMA/Muay Thai
    • Nothing really exciting, but I did corner a UFC fight a few years ago.

Reaction Score
In junior high/high school...
ran track against a future olympic gold medalist in the 4x400..(he had to give it back) Jerome Young
played baseball on the same team as a world series winning pitcher -Carl Pavano
played football against a future super bowl winning DB -Tebucky Jones
played little league against the Trumbull baseball team (Chris Drury) who won the LL world series

Reaction Score
My Dad and me, about 25 years apart.
nohitter.jpg

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I broke a twenty year old record to hike 80 miles on the Appalachian Trail in one day. Unfortunately, I had to stop when the crotch rot from a freak downpour slowed me down to a waddle. That left the door open for my record to be broken the very next year.

I also killed 73 deer flies in one day during a 50 mile hike on the AT. I’m pretty sure that’s a record. ;)

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Just this last weekend, my brother-in-law and I dominated a bunch of college kids in cornhole on the beach in Brigantine. It was hot and the beers were hitting me but I fought through and we won about 15 games in a row. Then I was asleep by 8pm…

There are a bunch of high school, college multi-sport and slow pitch softball accolades years ago, but knowing I still have it tossing beanbags gives me a warm fuzzy.

Reaction Score
In junior high/high school...
ran track against a future olympic gold medalist in the 4x400..(he had to give it back) Jerome Young
played baseball on the same team as a world series winning pitcher -Carl Pavano
played football against a future super bowl winning DB -Tebucky Jones
played little league against the Trumbull baseball team (Chris Drury) who won the LL world series
I ran track back then. Jerome Young was ridiculous in high school, best track and field athlete in the country and had the second fastest 400 time ever in high school. The things Young and Tony Ortiz at Crosby were doing on the track back then were insane.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I broke a twenty year old record to hike 80 miles on the Appalachian Trail in one day. Unfortunately, I had to stop when the crotch rot from a freak downpour slowed me down to a waddle. That left the door open for my record to be broken the very next year.

I also killed 73 deer flies in one day during a 50 mile hike on the AT. I’m pretty sure that’s a record. ;)
Nope. The record is 74.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom