Kimani and the Northeast coaching carousel | The Boneyard

Kimani and the Northeast coaching carousel

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Temple, GTown, SJU and the others open. Given those jobs and the dominoes of people moving around I feel like we’ll be losing our guy.

Reaction Score
Not until we advance. I think that is a goal for him. But St. John’s always seemed to be a great fit until pitino got involved. I don’t want him in the big east though. Looking to Murray for a nice run on the bench but as long as Tom is there I feel good.

Reaction Score
Temple, GTown, SJU and the others open. Given those jobs and the dominoes of people moving around I feel like we’ll be losing our guy.
Possibly to Iona or another MAAC school but he's not getting a head coaching job at any of the schools you named.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I would be more worried about a big east opening scooping up a local mid major coach who then leaves an opening at a small school in the area
Iona won’t hire him either.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I would be more worried about a big east opening scooping up a local mid major coach who then leaves an opening at a small school in the area
This is what I’m saying. The dominoes. Not to one of those schools but to fill a vacancy created.

Reaction Score
He needs to be a headcoach somewhere first and have some success. Like Charles Barkley said on the post-game, not everyone is cut out to be a headcoach. I think he needs a stop up to a lower level D1 job and them get a better job. None of those schools are hiring a guy with no head coaching experience.

Reaction Score
Iona would be a great fit for him, but they might be looking for a more proven head coach.

Regardless, it seems like he's at the point where he has nothing left to prove as an AHC. It's time for him to move on and do bigger and better things.

There was an article recently that said his criminal record was a turn-off for some schools this past off-season. I'm not quite sure I buy it, but we'll see.

Reaction Score
Iona would be a great fit for him, but they might be looking for a more proven head coach.

Regardless, it seems like he's at the point where he has nothing left to prove as an AHC. It's time for him to move on and do bigger and better things.

There was an article recently that said his criminal record was a turn-off for some schools this past off-season. I'm not quite sure I buy it, but we'll see.
Not sure about nothing left to prove, let's at least wait until this tournament/season is over. As of now I don't think he has a single NCAA tournament win as an assistant.

Reaction Score
Not sure about nothing left to prove, let's at least wait until this tournament/season is over. As of now I don't think he has a single NCAA tournament win as an assistant.

I don't put much stock in wins/losses when thinking about assistants as long as the team was at least good overall. Recruiting and talent development is the biggest part of an assistant's job. Scouting too.

Would be interesting to compare the W/L records of our coaches bases on who had the scout. Or maybe look at performance vs the betting line to account for opponent strength or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom