Kim English | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kim English

Reaction Score
I like Coach KE. He’s young and will grow into the role. He seems like a really good coach to play for

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Torvik came out with 2025 projections today and has PC at #41. That's with a basically complete roster so in all likelihood they get jumped by others as rosters round out and end up in the 45-50 range.
Just looked on there for fun. Kentucky is at No. 110 nationally. That'd go over well.

Reaction Score
I don't want to like the head coach at Providence....but I think I like the head coach at Providence

Reaction Score
Joseph is 6'2, so...not quite the same size.

Pretty uninspiring group so far.

The mediocre PG from a team ranked 100th, the 4th best player from a team ranked 84th, a backup center from St. Joe's (ranked 99th), and a guy who pretty much singlehandedly took Chicago State from 340th to 293rd.
The center was a first year player so it might be worth giving him a year before assuming he's not a keeper. Here's the writeup a PC fan sent me about the whole group of four which, of course, might be a bit biased:

Reaction Score
I agree here. None of Cooley's accomplishments warranted the constant media hype he got. I have no idea why they liked him so much.
I think PC will be thrilled with this move sometime soon, if not already.
And i doubt GTown will be much better than PC was the last few years.
my 0.02
Because he got them in the tournament 70% of the time and they only made two tournaments in 14 seasons before he got there. He also won them their lone Big East title and got them to a 27-6 record. He's also from Providence.

Reaction Score
The center was a first year player so it might be worth giving him a year before assuming he's not a keeper. Here's the writeup a PC fan sent me about the whole group of four which, of course, might be a bit biased:

Yeah if you ignore their faults and only mention the games they played well, those guys look pretty good! In a couple years, I agree Christ could be actually good. Cardet will probably put up points, but I'll be skeptical of the efficiency.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for the Big East, he'll be gone in a short time if he is as good a coach as I think he is.

Reaction Score
Yeah if you ignore their faults and only mention the games they played well, those guys look pretty good! In a couple years, I agree Christ could be actually good. Cardet will probably put up points, but I'll be skeptical of the efficiency.
It's your job here to be a skeptic and root out the irrational exuberance that explodes from time to time.......but if Christ rises we may want him in two years after Reed leaves for the NBA.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

They are not high major portal gets by perception, no. But all the portal is a crap shoot. We've seen high profile busts like Timberlake and home runs like Spencer. This seems pretty calculated to me on English's part. He knows they are not going to be able to compete across the board in getting top portal targets from both a recruiting and NIL standpoint when going against bigger schools so maybe they are targeting mid and lower major players that they think are diamonds in the rough and I think Kim pays an analytics and ratings service like everyone else. Rather than swing and miss on a bunch against a bunch of p5 schools trying to hit home runs and then get left in the lurch panicking to fill slots later in the portal game, they seem to be targeting guys they can get and get early. Trying to hit a bunch of singles and doubles to stock a roster he wasn't happy with by the end of the year. It is reminding me a lot of what Miller is doing at Xavier this off season.

Time will tell in the end if these are the 13 "dudes" he is looking for, but that was his stated mission after UConn ran him out of the Dunk on 3/9, you have to believe he sees something in these guys. The proof will be in the pudding next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom