Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When Edwards was on the bench with too many fouls, Aubrey stood up and grabbed six offensive rebounds, six defensive rebounds, 3 assists a steal, a block and just general cussedness on the defensive end.

That my friends is the definition of this here BADASS award.

Let others score points (and Azzi was great), hand out double digit assists (Nika doing her thing), and play with intensity (everybody) but Aubrey wore the BA cape today!

(Shout out to the mad bomber from way downtown - Nika)

Reaction Score
I am also gonna go with AG. The whole game changed with her in.

We also couldn't have done it without Azzi or anyone else, but I think AG was the biggest difference maker this game.

Reaction Score
Aubrey had a great stretch of rebounds, but my badasses were Azzi and Caroline. Their return to the 7 man rotation was the difference.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
AUBREY!! With doubt is & was the BadAss of this game, Period!

Was really liking Dorka's game for the BadAss award. But. AUBREY was inserted into the game. Game Over! BadAss released on Baylor. Baylor had no answer and fell apart

Reaction Score
Aubrey completely changed the game in the third quarter. Her defense and boards were absolutely badass.

Azzi was clutch, especially in the third quarter.

Both are deserving.

Reaction Score
Guys, we’re losing track of the meaning of the award. From the late, great Kibitzer himself- please notes #2 and #4 below:

View attachment 85438
Thanks for attaching Kib's original guidelines in considering who was the badass of the game. I don't remember having seen them. I'm guilty of looking too often to someone's full game stats and not enough at that one great play at a great time.

My badass is Aubrey. There were stretches where she was better than I've ever seen. When she plays like she did tonight there are very few that can handle her.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Aubrey she's a BadAss just being on the floor with her bas back. Yes Azzi and CD scored the points, but with out Aubrey's play we don't get those points or the win.

Reaction Score
Aubrey was the BA.

Azzi: She's baaaack!

Was Geno's hug (that border on assault) on Nika at the end of the game on TV? Loved Nika's body language "What in the world are you doing?"

Reaction Score
I don't know if you guys have ever had back spasms. They are uncomfortable. There's no way Aubrey should've been superwoman out there but she was! She was def the BADASS!

Reaction Score
I have to give props to Aubrey - she came in and totally impacted the game, that was badass! That has pretty much been her MO from day one at Uconn. When she has it working she comes in off the bench and totally changes the game - our guys anticipate that change, the opponent not so much - so it can be exceptionally disruptive to them and get us back on track and rolling.

The thing about this team that is so very special is that every single one of the seven key rotation players is exceptional in their particular roles. As Geno often says, all they ask of the players is to do what you do best, the best way they can - all the time. They are collectively so much greater than the individual pieces. There really isn't one star on this team and they have found ways collectively to adapt to make the necessary adjustments to cover if one of them is off, injured or has to sit with foul trouble (as was the case today with Aaliyah). They aren't as good in those cases as when whole but their will to win and to fight through anything thrown at them has allowed them to find a way. This is a pretty unique team in that every single one of them is so very important to the teams success.

They are one BADASS team! To paraphrase Nika, 'they have been broken so much this season that at this point they are unbreakable'. More so than any season I can remember, I want for all the players on this squad, to see them end this one with a W in final game. No heartbreak for this group, they have fought like hell to end this year with hugs and smiles!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom