Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
Lou. No ties. She was the only one that could score.

Big Shot Bria is already taken so Lou is our Sniper. She embraces the pressure
I'd probably give it to Lou, too, Nan, but how did Dorka get 14 points then (and another 10 rebounds)?
And Aaliyah with 13 points (and 14 rebounds)... those counted, too.

Reaction Score
I'd probably give it to Lou, too, Nan, but how did Dorka get 14 points then (and another 10 rebounds)?
And Aaliyah with 13 points (and 14 rebounds)... those counted, too.
Occasionally, and, fortunately, only occasionally, we have games when probably no badass award should be conferred. Happily, more often, there are games wherein more than one player proves to be deserving. But when Kibitzer originally conceived this particular honor, it was not in an effort, necessarily, to recognize any statistical category, but to honor the player who most contributed to breaking the opponent's back, who stuck in the most crucial daggers that resulted in sagging the opponent's spirit. In this particular game, I think the Villanova staff, however begrudgingly, would vote for Lou!

Reaction Score
I understand the glass half full mentality when someone has a double double, but in my opinion five turnovers and 50% from the foul line makes it hard for a player to be badass worthy or even honorable mention, especially compared to Lou. Not to mention as the tallest player by 3 inches against any of your opponents you should have double digit rebounds. I am not saying Dorka isn’t good or very important to the team, just saying today was not a badass consideration day for her.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Totally understand most are giving a thumbs up for Lou.

However, I've gotta go with Aaliyah tonight. Nonstop effort, not too high, not too low. I also think she really contributed to Maddie not having a game like her last two.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Nika,

She likes being a BA

College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
It's gotta be Loooooooo, oops old time music flashback. :D So often while constantly getting beaten up she still finds nothing but net. Her mid range jumper with a minute to go allowed me to sit back on the couch.
Having said that I can not disagree with @oldude & @The deacon above. This thread is always a tough call as the team is made up of several badasses doing their part.

No attack here @AgStatesman but one should supply a reason for such a harsh comment. A look here might have some validity. Stats are not everything I know due to match ups but does show a lot. A look at the turnover ratio and who was able to score means a bit at winning the game. She earned the kudos.

Reaction Score
Muhl actually uttered the phrase as the ref walked by her after her 2nd foul and earned her 3rd on the following play as a reward but obviously your point still stands.

Reaction Score
Just want to add my meager two cents. In a game where the offense struggled, Lou was the one who came in clutch in the 4th. After Villanova came with the comeback, Lou made that pass to AE for a score, made that beautiful clutch shot (with two hands in her face), and nailed both free throws (which everyone seemed to be struggling to make in the final quarter and it was karma for Nova and the questionable calls in their favor). Lou deserves it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom