Keyboard Intros and/or Solos in Songs - Album or Live | The Boneyard

Keyboard Intros and/or Solos in Songs - Album or Live

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When this song first hit the airways, the long piano solo at the start sounded like nothing else on the radio. And the reason for solo's existence is that the music's composer wouldn't let Al record it with his lyrics unless he put the solo on the track.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
One of my favorites, it may not be on YouTube - on one of Bruce Springsteen's live albums (the only one I have) he opens with Thunder Road accompanied only by Roy Bittan on piano.

Several of the Meatloaf songs on his first album - Bat out of Hell - also featuring Bittan - have excellent piano parts.

Reaction Score
One of my favorites, it may not be on YouTube - on one of Bruce Springsteen's live albums (the only one I have) he opens with Thunder Road accompanied only by Roy Bittan on piano.

Several of the Meatloaf songs on his first album - Bat out of Hell - also featuring Bittan - have excellent piano parts.
More than one choice on YT. Maybe this is the one? I have the live from NYC set.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ach! Terp got to Stevie before I did. But this one's totally different. Stevie's clavinet is one of the most recognizable sounds in music, and this is the most recognizable of his clavinet riffs:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is John Tout of Renaissance. This one has piano and harpsichord, and features Jon Camp's "bass as lead guitar" sound too. The same album has "At the Harbour," which has a prolonged piano intro that consists entirely of a Debussy piece, played very well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom