Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 817 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
About a decade ago, the ACC schools were complicit in destroyed a perfectly viable "Power 6" football conference, locked each member institution in for roughly $30 million/year, for 20 years, locked everyone else out for nothing, with no escalator clause, and now they are crying?

Is that about right?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Time is right for UConn to get into the ACC
Ever see the movie, The Lateshift, about how Jay Leno succeeded Johnny Carson and David Letterman wound up at CBS?

"They aren't offering you The Johnny Carson Tonight Show. That's gone forever. They're offering you damaged goods. The Jay Leno Show. And they're not even offering it to you now. They're making you wait."

"...It's leftovers. It's shoddy."

Reaction Score
About a decade ago, the ACC schools were complicit in destroyed a perfectly viable "Power 6" football conference, locked each member institution in for roughly $30 million/year, for 20 years, locked everyone else out for nothing, with no escalator clause, and now they are crying?

Is that about right?

Imagine joining the ACC and all that’s left is BC and Weak Forest.

Reaction Score
I wonder if they have a home. SDSU entered the transfer portal too early.

Greg Flugaur has been saying for months that UNC and Clemson are tied at the hip and have been working behind the scenes on an exit strategy. He thinks they are SEC-bound. The only question is if NCSU has to go along for the ride or not.

Reactions: GG
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur has been saying for months that UNC and Clemson are tied at the hip and have been working behind the scenes on an exit strategy. He thinks they are SEC-bound. The only question is if NCSU has to go along for the ride or not.
Flugaur also said that the UVa president called VT, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, and BC on December 21st to formulate lawsuit strategy. Sounds crazy, but who knows?

Reaction Score
Flugaur also said that the UVa president called VT, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, and BC on December 21st to formulate lawsuit strategy. Sounds crazy, but who knows?

Yes, I heard him recently say this. I haven't had a chance to sit down and listen to all his shows as he has been busy putting them out daily recently. I haven't tuned in enough to know the back story to this, but I did hear him say it.

Reaction Score
Yes, I heard him recently say this. I haven't had a chance to sit down and listen to all his shows as he has been busy putting them out daily recently. I haven't tuned in enough to know the back story to this, but I did hear him say it.

The Virginia president actually declared that he had done so in an affidavit that was attached to an amendment filed yesterday in North Carolina.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is special. We have to find a way to preserve this.

That won’t happen in Greensboro.

If the ACC falls apart then the Big East needs to strike.

I don’t want to join the new version of the AAC.

The Big 12 will not be picking us.

UConn will still play basketball games at MSG regardless of the conference they are in.

Reaction Score
Imagine joining the ACC and all that’s left is BC and Weak Forest.
There will be much more than two schools left. UConn needs to move quickly here. Even if a half dozen schools leave, (I think the number will be less given there are only a few landing spots open for defectors) UConn's basketball dominance will help the ACC have a basketball renaissance. My bigger concern are some of these misguided UConn fans who don't care what the so-called Big East pays its members and who don't want to leave.

Reaction Score

Yes, it's a special thing, but you do not hold an entire athletic department hostage for three days in New York City.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Is that about right?

In a nutshell, yes lol

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Strike what? With what?

I don’t see the appeal. Come here, throw your football program into the void, make 1/15th the money you use to make and in exchange, we will give you 500 tickets to a tournament at MSG every March.

Don’t see that getting it done.

Reaction Score
Strike what? With what?

I don’t see the appeal. Come here, throw your football program into the void, make 1/15th the money you use to make and in exchange, we will give you 500 tickets to a tournament at MSG every March.

Don’t see that getting it done.
you close the deal with an annual Seton Hall home-and-home and access to the always-important Chicago market.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom