Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 800 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
More food for thought. The SEC is very lucrative. If they were some back channel letting them know that they were wanted at $100M a year then they would have already announced the departure. Because that move pays for itself.

It’s the ESPN College Gameday Pod with Pete Thamel.

I think this is the one.

Again, FSU does not want to be partners with ESPN. ESPN = SEC. These two are HUGE financial partners.

ESPN podcasts, Thamel, Herbstreit etc are mostly schills for their corporate bosses. ESPN also partners with ACC. They don't want their cash cow (FSU) to leave. What you're doing here is akin to getting your political news from the
ACC sued FSU YESTERDAY! in North Carolina! Says all matters pertaining to FSU and the ACC are under North Carolina jurisdiction. lol

The discovery process with ACC & ESPN will be very interesting.

Reaction Score
Correlation does not equal causation

Right. It’s not like the B1G doesn’t benefit massive from its research partnership. And plenty of other schools use sports to raise money for their endowments. And when I say sports it really just means football.

Seriously, just stop talking.

Reaction Score
Everything else aside, how the F#$% is it possible that a signatory party to a legally binding agreement is not allowed to have an executed copy of said agreement?
Are they a signatory party though? Isn't the legally binding agreement between ESPN and the ACC and not the ACC members et al?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

IMG_1723.jpeg

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
ACC will not add UConn. They listed 10 or so possible candidates for expansion before adding the 3 Sucksateers and UConn isn’t even on their radar.

Only positive scenario for UConn is a total ACC implosion that results in essentially a reformation of the 2003 Big East Conference
Maybe. the sooner the "Super conference" comes together, the better. The teams not in those two top level conferences can re-engineer B league college football and start playing regionally again. UConn won't be in that club but I think there is potential for a pretty robust B league over time. Some really good programs are going to get left out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Maybe. the sooner the "Super conference" comes together, the better. The teams not in those two top level conferences can re-engineer B league college football and start playing regionally again. UConn won't be in that club but I think there is potential for a pretty robust B league over time. Some really good programs are going to get left out.
And our days of playing in March Madness are over

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
And our days of playing in March Madness are over
Maybe. It's out of our control either way. Sports landscape is moving on without the mid tier football guys. It's done. It's been done for years. As far as march madness, my bet is they will still be pulling 32 teams or so at large for hoops. Who knows though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
ESPN not having a guarantee to extend the deal past 2027 is HUGE. That is FSU's out right there.
I was thinking exactly that. Good enough for a Florida court anyway.

Reaction Score
Everything else aside, how the F#$% is it possible that a signatory party to a legally binding agreement is not allowed to have an executed copy of said agreement?
Are they a signatory party though? Isn't the legally binding agreement between ESPN and the ACC and not the ACC members et al?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Again, FSU does not want to be partners with ESPN. ESPN = SEC. These two are HUGE financial partners.

ESPN podcasts, Thamel, Herbstreit etc are mostly schills for their corporate bosses. ESPN also partners with ACC. They don't want their cash cow (FSU) to leave. What you're doing here is akin to getting your political news from the

The discovery process with ACC & ESPN will be very interesting.

At some point this is what it boils down to for ESPN. If they can't keep FSU, and a few others in the ACC, ESPN would want them in the SEC which ESPN also controls. Losing them to the B1G means losing them to FOX.

Reaction Score
Right. It’s not like the B1G doesn’t benefit massive from its research partnership. And plenty of other schools use sports to raise money for their endowments. And when I say sports it really just means football.

Seriously, just stop talking.
I don't know how to tell you this, but you don't know what you're talking about. Endowments were a thing long before big time athletics were a thing and grew long before big time football became a thing. The B1G research partnership also has nothing to do with athletics, they just pool academic resources to be more competitive.

I suggest you take your own advice and stop tapking

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom