Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 742 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
How many people go to bars to watch games so that they can watch with other fans? This would offer far better picture/sound quality.
Seems foreign. People go to bars to socialize, watch a game, and eat and drink.
Sitting in a row where you essentially take a group and cut it down to the person on your right and left seems counter to the bar experience.
Never been to a theater for sporting event. Maybe it’s a different atmosphere than a movie. How fun is it if you cheer and everyone turns around and says shhhh?!!!

Reaction Score
A lot less people go to sports bars than they used to for the games but you can still get all the games on a bunch of different tv's, any drink from Hamm's to great craft brews, any cocktail or shot you want, and good pub grub. Plus the whole social aspect of being in a bar, talking to friends, trying to pick up women...

People hardly even go to movie theaters anymore for movies, I don't see any appeal with watching a game there. People have home theaters, you have the ability to flip around at home, the ability to watch every game at a bar. You would be eating worse food than a bar, worse alcohol and the markup would be even higher.

I still don't know if this was a joke tweet.
Sports bars thrive in big cities because the average 20-something fan doesn't have enough room in their 600sqft apartment to have 10-20 people over to watch a game.

Reaction Score
Sports bars thrive in big cities because the average 20-something fan doesn't have enough room in their 600sqft apartment to have 10-20 people over to watch a game.
They don't consistently get people like they used to. It changed when everyone could get cheap huge tv's at home and it's only exacerbated now because young people are less social than previous generations and they drink less than previous generations.

Reaction Score
The movie idea and that it is being marketed as a benefit of the ACC is another obvious, flailing attempt to show additional and future upside for their conference membership. It is the equivalent of looking under couch cushions and I imagine the bottom line impact will be negligible. Anyone who has a nice TV and is aware of streaming options has already discovered the irrelevance of a movie theatre. Everyone sitting in the same direction, stadium seating - in the dark - is not a social experience. The watching experience even if you like movie seating is marginally better at best.

Reaction Score
The movie idea and that it is being marketed as a benefit of the ACC is another obvious, flailing attempt to show additional and future upside for their conference membership. It is the equivalent of looking under couch cushions and I imagine the bottom line impact will be negligible. Anyone who has a nice TV and is aware of streaming options has already discovered the irrelevance of a movie theatre. Everyone sitting in the same direction, stadium seating - in the dark - is not a social experience. The watching experience even if you like movie seating is marginally better at best.

Folks may not think it's going to work, but what exactly is the risk? Minimal cost, since I'm sure movie places are only too anxious to rent out a theater, especially for alternative use.

It's an e x p e r i m e n t.

The way folks are talking it's like they mortgaged their entire business on the idea.

Reaction Score
It's an experiment ESPN has already run before. They had the playoffs and championship game in movie theatres for a couple years now.

But also, movies are still a social experience. See Glass Onion's audience scores theatrically and from streaming, not to mention the Minions or Barbenheimer. It's less universal than it was in 1920 or 1990, but it's still there.

Reaction Score
A friend and I drove over the hump on I-70 and took our sons to a Broncos game in Denver a few years ago. We were in an upper tier of seats, and there was a guy with earbuds seated a few rows down from us, at the very front of the tier. There was nothing between him and the field below but empty space and a railing. It soon became obvious that his attention was focused on the broadcast rather than the game. When something particularly exciting or potentially game-changing happened, 65 or 70 thousand frenzied fans would immediately jump to their feet and thunderously cheer or boo or whatever. All except that guy. With an unobstructed view of the action right in front of him, he'd remain seated and wouldn't react until he heard an account of the play on the radio.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know Aresco sent that text to Ross unsolicited. Probably three times. Just wants to get some press.... any press.

Ive Got A Plan GIF by The Roku Channel

Reaction Score
You know Aresco sent that text to Ross unsolicited. Probably three times. Just wants to get some press.... any press.
If American +Ore St +Wash St -SMU, that's an improvement in terms of FB.

Reaction Score
I don’t know Oklahoma being hated but Texas caused the departure of Arkansas, Nebraska , Colorado, and Missouri snd A&M . The longhorns were pretty much hated .
I golfed eith a lot of B1G fans and they pretty much feel that way about Michigan . Ohio State isn’t nearly as hated and that’s a surprise . I think it’s their moral Wol’s superior attitude more than success .
I think he is mistaken because ESPN only wanted 4 Texas teams . Maybe they picked the 4 but it’s was ESPN. Who made the call .
Only When A$M l left was TCU added
Houston replaced UT so it’s still 4
Only SMU and. Rice are still outside .those addition not vogrtrncr decisions but media

Reaction Score
Since Fox paid for the B1G to add Washington and Oregon, the Fox Networks (FOX, FS1 and BTN) will have access to the additional inventory. No word yet on how theses games will be selected in the official rotation of which network picks what games they want to air, but the additional inventory is expected to air on Friday nights and B1G After Dark games on late night Saturdays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom