Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 737 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Welch one of the more overrated managers of all time. He singulariy destroyed the company by focusing, only, on manipulating accounting to goose Wall St metrics.

His management philosophy, fire the bottom 10% every year led to a horrible worn environment, risk aversion, and a dramatic loss of talent.
Wow. This is an exceptionally harsh take. Did you work at GE?

Reaction Score
don’t understand why calford would rather be in the acc, whose biggest programs are trying to leave, getting a fraction of a share, and sending their Olympic sports 3000 miles across the country, than in the more stable big12 with up to 6 other former PAC schools and a better tv deal. And Don’t tell me it’s because they can associate with duke and uva.
Baylor , BYU, Houston, UCF, cinci may have something to do with it.

Reaction Score
Baylor , BYU, Houston, UCF, cinci may have something to do with it.
not wanting to associate with those schools b/c of academics is the same thing as wanting to associate with duke and uva because of academics and it's beyond ridiculous to stick to those guns at this point

Reaction Score
Those who work there also pay taxes.

And what about the millions in Connecticut that work for companies that don't get tax breaks? We seem to find jobs. Our taxes are making up for these tax breaks they are getting.

Reaction Score
not wanting to associate with those schools b/c of academics is the same thing as wanting to associate with duke and uva because of academics and it's beyond ridiculous to stick to those guns at this point
Baylor and BYU is not academics but religion.

I’m not sayings it’s a good or bad reason. Though I personally would hope UConn was never in a league with Liberty, which I consider the most wackadoodle of them all.

Reaction Score
And what about the millions in Connecticut that work for companies that don't get tax breaks? We seem to find jobs. Our taxes are making up for these tax breaks they are getting.
I'm sure others are getting breaks. But I'm not going to search. Maybe not as good. But companies are and can leverage states against each other.

CT tax payers also are paying for college sports. Should those who don't watch continue to pay?

Reaction Score
Stanford doesn’t care about athletics enough to be in a conference with BYU. And they love their Olympic sports. Make of that what you will.

Reaction Score
Stanford doesn’t care about athletics enough to be in a conference with BYU. And they love their Olympic sports. Make of that what you will.
they dont care about athletics enough but at the same time they love their olympic sports? well which is it?

the big12 is the best fit in either case. how can they justify sending their olympic student athletes to florida for a mid week game?

Reaction Score
I'm sure others are getting breaks. But I'm not going to search. Maybe not as good. But companies are and can leverage states against each other.

CT tax payers also are paying for college sports. Should those who don't watch continue to pay?

Yes they are paying for college sports in a sense, like any other university as part of the college experience.

And you want to know why the CT taxpayer is paying more? The company receiving these huge tax breaks is limiting our ability to reach our revenue potential.

Intentional or not, it has to stop.

Reaction Score
they dont care about athletics enough but at the same time they love their olympic sports? well which is it?

the big12 is the best fit in either case. how can they justify sending their olympic student athletes to florida for a mid week game?
First, Central Florida is in the BXII. But also BYU and Stanford are like oil and water. I can’t see them co-existing past a couple years. The alumni would revolt.

Reaction Score
First, Central Florida is in the BXII. But also BYU and Stanford are like oil and water. I can’t see them co-existing past a couple years. The alumni would revolt.
Please. It’s the only big12 school on the east coast while all but one acc school is on the east coast.

I am a Cal alum and that’s what im revolting about. I couldn’t care less about BYUs religious affiliation.

Reaction Score
Please. It’s the only big12 school on the east coast while all but one acc school is on the east coast.

I am a Cal alum and that’s what im revolting about. I couldn’t care less about BYUs religious affiliation.

At the end of the day, Stanford does not value most of the Big XII schools. It didn’t in 2012, and it hasn’t gotten any better since the BXII traded in Texas for BYU. Stanford might go BXII as a last resort, but it would be extremely temporary. There are only so many times Stanford can apologize for their band riffing on Mormons like they were in a South Park episode.

Reaction Score
Baylor and BYU is not academics but religion.

I’m not sayings it’s a good or bad reason. Though I personally would hope UConn was never in a league with Liberty, which I consider the most wackadoodle of them all.
I don't know about Baylor. But BYU is academics. There are not many schools out there who will only tenure you if you promise NOT to do research or publish.

Reaction Score
Why would the alumni care?

Reaction Score
Other than Stamford what jobs?

Reaction Score
Um this may come as a shocker, but those dudes that work at ESPN, they pay taxes too.
The presence of ESPN benefits the state in a lot of ways, net revenue isn’t likely one of them.

Reaction Score
Think about how many jobs would be created if UCONN played in a P4 conference.
I once read that Alabama football added a billion in tax revenue to the state . So that’s possibly AC
huge aspect of being in as conference where a significant number of fans travel who have . disposable income .Plus more alumni throughout the country return for games and the state reaps the benefits.?
The state gets in a substantial increase in tax revenue
Increased air traffic at BDL . Car Rental, Hotels , Meals or zany most purchases ,, even game tickets are taxed by the stztec. Connecticut is a nice long weekend destination for a midwesterner particularly in the fall but a person coming. Later from a plains state could hit the slopes .. As someone who entertained a number of visitors from the Heartland taking them to the sound for a seafood dinner was almost mandatory. The thing with the northeast is you could come for a game iin Hartford , stay instate , go to Vermont , Boston , or Even NYC for a Broadway play in a long weekend .
Doing something at a destination besides football never dawned on me until I was in Nashville when the Packer cheeseheads were in town spending money from the Opryland hotel and and shopping mall . to the lower Broadway Honkey Tonks . That’s a benefit no one talks about
It also should have been part of a sales pitch . I wonder if the folks at Storrs even thought of it .?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom