Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 729 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Well as is, Notre Dame has a tougher path in the playoffs than the champions from the p4 leagues. But he designed it that way, so I'm assuming he is fine with that.

Reaction Score
what a joke...i mean SMU?!?! im gonna puke.

If the acc takes these 3 than be thankful we are not in that pathetically awful conference. Sorry but big east basketball and independent is way better. Who cares about the money. Clearly we navigate a with deficits pretty well.

Reaction Score
Our state officials continue to allow ESPN to profit off the backs of CT taxpayers at the expense of our taxpayer funded university. It’s a double whammy and needs to be dealt with, now.
What would you like done? If the ACC doesn't want us, then they don't want us.

Reaction Score
I wonder where the $72m number is coming from. ACC’s television rights were at nearly $31 million last year. Maybe $24m is the base contract, and the other $7m came from the ACCN? So would the withholding only be for the ESPN contract, and the increased ACCN fees from California and Texas get evenly distributed? Lots of questions, little to no answers at this time.

Reaction Score
To engage whom? You? Because you have no friggin idea what contact they've had with the other conferences.
Res ipsa counselor. Generally hiding under rocks isn’t a formula for success. Battles are won and lost on perception and any business lawyer worth their salt ought to know you need a sophisticated messaging strategy to drive your objectives.

Reaction Score
I wonder where the $72m number is coming from. ACC’s television rights were at nearly $31 million last year. Maybe $24m is the base contract, and the other $7m came from the ACCN? So would the withholding only be for the ESPN contract, and the increased ACCN fees from California and Texas get evenly distributed? Lots of questions, little to no answers at this time.

From the Dellenger article above: Sources: ACC expansion talks still alive as leaders consider new financial proposal

-> The ACC’s television contract with ESPN includes a pro-rata clause requiring the network to increase the value of the deal by one Tier 1 share for every new member — believed to be about $24 million a share, or about 70% of a full ACC share, which includes Tiers 1-3.

The ACC would stand to earn about $72 million in new money with the three expansion shares. Cal and Stanford have agreed to each take about 30% of the $24 million share, or roughly $7-10 million. After Cal and Stanford’s share and travel costs are off-set (roughly $1-2 million per school), the ACC stands to earn at least $30 million in revenue to re-distribute, likely through an incentive pool based on athletic success.

The incentives are expected to be heavily weighted toward football success, including such things as winning championships, final top-25 rankings and bowl assignments. <-

Reaction Score
I’d love a local reporter or a national reporter to ask ACC, espn or UConn sources if UConn approached them about taking a Cal/Stanford type cut.
Yes the ACC may be a non-starter but I’d like to hear that from some anonymous sources as a curious mind.
I’m assuming we have because it would be stunningly foolish if we haven’t at least approached them about the idea

Reaction Score
Our state officials continue to allow ESPN to profit off the backs of CT taxpayers at the expense of our taxpayer funded university. It’s a double whammy and needs to be dealt with, now.
I’ve never heard a media member ask any state official about their relationship with ESPN either, and the financial damage done to our flagship state university. If there is nothing they can do, I’d like to hear them say it. If we just added up how much Syracuse and Pitt have made from ESPN since joining the ACC, it has to be a few hundred million.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this could set the bar for future expansion. “You want in, forego any money”.

That’s not very appealing.
Cal and Stanford will be getting full shares before the Contract ends per that article. It would be a gradual increase.

Reaction Score
I find it amazing that ESPN reports on this.
They are paying the league they are 'reporting on'
Sounds to me like they are the Wizard of OZ behind the curtain pulling the strings.....not much behind the curtain

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom