Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 460 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree with brand. But is Colorado football a bigger brand than UConn women?

I loved Colorado as a kid, Hagan, Bienemy, but they stopped being great when Mcartney left and have been irrelevant since Neuheisel left.
Much bigger than UConn women. The UConn woman commanded a local PBS tv deal at what, $1m a year. Colorado football is bigger than UConn men’s basketball. it’s just how things are. That said, I think our best bet is to go in with them. Prime is going to make some noise.

If you never read/saw the outside the lines about that era, especially the story about Hagan going back to LA, read it. Some of the best sports journalism I can recall. ESPN's Outside The Lines - Turf Wars: Gangs & Sports

Reaction Score
That is until they dont. ESPN is such a bunch of idiots (and I mean that sincerely) they did not anticipate the disruption that streaming was going to cause to the cable business.

John Skipper acknowledged this and that’s why ACC is shaky. The ACC thought that linear television channels that appealed to broad markets (regional sports channels) was the wave of the future .

They had no idea about streaming, which is the exact opposite of market= subs at massive scale (Rutgers!)

Streaming and requires massive fan intensity. Think, UConn fans demanding SNY. That intensity is what UConn has going for it.

I also loathe acc network. They screwed it up and espn3 is a joke. Skipper was an acc guy (unc) and wanted to make the sec network for the ACC.
Disagree on the ESPN not seeing streaming coming. Out of the big sports broadcasters they have the are the best positioned for the eventual switch to streaming. They have picked up a lot of good content on the cheap.

Reaction Score
Disagree on the ESPN not seeing streaming coming. Out of the big sports broadcasters they have the are the best positioned for the eventual switch to streaming. They have picked up a lot of good content on the cheap.
It wasn’t an opinion tbh. Heard it from executives there in town hall meetings. They were late to the party. They had to go buy Bam tech from mlb to catch up.

Their entire strategy was linear tv specialization. They didn’t for see the streaming disruption.

Reaction Score
Special Board Meeting

Colorado Special Board Meeting - 30 minutes Monday the 19th. Big12 vote? Keep an eye out for an official leak.

It's back on same length 30 minute special board meeting that was canceled prior... better late than never. Monday Monday.
So. using bizarro logic, Colorado announces on Monday evening the move to the XII. & UConn follows suit on Tuesday evening using the Coaches Road Show at Kinsman as its platform. BRILLIANT!

Reaction Score
When's the last time a realignment decision was actually kept under wraps until a board meeting? I have a hard time seeing this Colorado meeting actually leading to anything new.

Reaction Score
When's the last time a realignment decision was actually kept under wraps until a board meeting? I have a hard time seeing this Colorado meeting actually leading to anything new.
I've heard they are just voting on which THC gummies to serve in the dining halls.

Definitely doesn't seem like they'll be voting to leave, but who the heck knows.

Reaction Score
Over the last 20 years, why is Colorado better than UConn Athletics?

I guess we can say Denver market, but outside of that what do they have?

Colorado would die for the success of UConn sports over the last 25 years. In the current “P5”, the bottom 20% of P5 teams are worse gets from UConn. The only thing they do better than UConn is collect a paycheck .

Their facilities, fanbase, market, and athletic success and potential are better than many P5 teams.

It’s getting to be annoying the narrative. UConn isn’t taking a step up in the Big 12 or ACC. It’s kind of who they are where they belong.

Over the last 20 years, why is Colorado better than UConn Athletics?

I guess we can say Denver market, but outside of that what do they have?

Colorado would die for the success of UConn sports over the last 25 years. In the current “P5”, the bottom 20% of P5 teams are worse gets from UConn. The only thing they do better than UConn is collect a paycheck .

Their facilities, fanbase, market, and athletic success and potential are better than many P5 teams.

It’s getting to be annoying the narrative. UConn isn’t taking a step up in the Big 12 or ACC. It’s kind of who they are where they belong.
UC-Boulder's sports are nothing to rave about in recent years, but it's a state flagship in a large and growing DMA, the school's academics are strong, it supports very high research activity (more than $500 million/year), it's a member of AAU, it has an endowment of more than $2.1 billion, boasts of several Nobel laureate affiliations, and has large alumni presence on the west coast. Those things are what made it attractive to the PAC. In addition, it has a beautiful campus in a gorgeous setting, and the main cafeteria in its student center memorializes Alferd Packer, the only man (I think) ever convicted of cannibalism in Colorado. What's not to like about that?

Oh, and it has an on-campus stadium. It'll be interesting to see if Coach Prime can reverse CU's football fortunes.

Reaction Score
As badly as I want to read into this as he knows he'll be playing in the Big 12, they have gotten commits from Cali recently so location doesn't mean much. It does show you how capable Mora is though.
He has a lot of connections.

Reaction Score

-> On Wednesday, when asked to address the validity of Yormark’s reported visit, Memphis president Bill Hardgrave declined.“Yeah, I’m not going to talk about any of that,” he told The Commercial Appeal.

Memphis vice president and athletic director Laird Veatch also neither confirmed nor denied that any meetings took place. “You know, what I would say is we have, throughout, tried to be really professional and thoughtful about not commenting about the process,” said Veatch. “We’ll continue that. I believe that’s the right way to operate. You don’t want to get into commenting or speculation on anything. It’s not beneficial to the university or to the process or to anybody involved.” <-

Reaction Score
UC-Boulder's sports are nothing to rave about in recent years, but it's a state flagship in a large and growing DMA, the school's academics are strong, it supports very high research activity (more than $500 million/year), it's a member of AAU, it has an endowment of more than $2.1 billion, boasts of several Nobel laureate affiliations, and has large alumni presence on the west coast. Those things are what made it attractive to the PAC. In addition, it has a beautiful campus in a gorgeous setting, and the main cafeteria in its student center memorializes Alferd Packer, the only man (I think) ever convicted of cannibalism in Colorado. What's not to like about that?

Oh, and it has an on-campus stadium. It'll be interesting to see if Coach Prime can reverse CU's football fortunes.
I love CU Boulder. Campus is awesome and I think my daughter is going to try and go there. That said, it has become pro sports town with the Nuggets, Avs, Rockies, Rapids and Broncos. Lot of competition in that market.

There for two weeks next month. I’ll scout out places for UConn-CU meet ups.

Reaction Score
T

-> On Wednesday, when asked to address the validity of Yormark’s reported visit, Memphis president Bill Hardgrave declined.“Yeah, I’m not going to talk about any of that,” he told The Commercial Appeal.

Memphis vice president and athletic director Laird Veatch also neither confirmed nor denied that any meetings took place. “You know, what I would say is we have, throughout, tried to be really professional and thoughtful about not commenting about the process,” said Veatch. “We’ll continue that. I believe that’s the right way to operate. You don’t want to get into commenting or speculation on anything. It’s not beneficial to the university or to the process or to anybody involved.” <-

They didn’t meet. There is no discussion.

Reaction Score
I love CU Boulder. Campus is awesome and I think my daughter is going to try and go there. That said, it has become pro sports town with the Nuggets, Avs, Rockies, Rapids and Broncos. Lot of competition in that market.

There for two weeks next month. I’ll scout out places for UConn-CU meet ups.
Uh ,,, perhaps not get ahead of yourself and even jinx the whole thing. By all means get started on your data base, but only for purposes of visiting your daughter ;) ;) If you catch my drift ....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Simply put, it's all about football.... UConn's is widely looked down upon ... by its own Bball fan base especially. Other programs like Kansas, and even Colorado have had years upon years of horrible football products and empty stadiums with the luxury of P5 money to prop their egos....UConn has had to use alternative revenue sources to keep spending on par with P5 athletic programs ... P5 old money doesn't respect that. What I find most interesting in all this is how much UCF and Cinci thumb their noses at UConn athletics. Perhaps they have earned it but talk about entitled fanbases forgetting where they came from.
UCF fan base is beyond entitled. Saying how the Big12 is above adding G5s. Bruh who do you think you are.

Reaction Score
UCF fan base is beyond entitled. Saying how the Big12 is above adding G5s. Bruh who do you think you are.
UCF fans are some of the worst in the country. They think they've accomplished a lot more than they have.

Reaction Score
It is amazing a third-rated school thinks so highly of itself after a P5 invite. These fans are beyond delusional. There is far more to colleges than just football.

Reaction Score
It is amazing a third-rated school thinks so highly of itself after a P5 invite. These fans are beyond delusional. There is far more to colleges than just football.
They've surpassed Miami in fb accomplishments and as a program currently.

Reaction Score
They've surpassed Miami in fb accomplishments and as a program currently.
Like I said, there is far more the colleges than just football. BTW, how have they surpassed Miami when Miami has multiple championships?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom