Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 403 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Ooof…

This statement deserves its own thread. "Consummating?" The comments are very entertaining. I think of Stanford and although it doesn't have the most championships, it is, academically and athletically, aces. I can't see it wanting to shack up with the programs being discussed.

Reaction Score
I hope the big east doesn’t run into problems with their media rights negotiations… i know fox had added more basketball content with the big 12.. but im hoping Amazon and Apple would and maybe NBC CBS would bid on our media rights

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

The PAC may well be best served at this stage putting all of their efforts into getting P12N distributed nationally where possible and using that platform for the majority of their kick offs. Combine that with ESPN’s late windows and you could have something.

3 games on P12N starting at 1pm ET
2 or 3 games on ESPN networks starting between 8pm and 1030pm ET

Seems like the best bet at this point

I don’t see how being on Amazon for one singular game a week does anything for the league. May as well just focus on trying to grow out P12N by consolidating the regional networks they have and getting on the streaming providers like YouTube, Hulu, etc

I wonder if Stadium Sports could come into play here too at this point. Regardless- it looks bleak.

Reaction Score
The PAC may well be best served at this stage putting all of their efforts into getting P12N distributed nationally where possible and using that platform for the majority of their kick offs. Combine that with ESPN’s late windows and you could have something.

3 games on P12N starting at 1pm ET
2 or 3 games on ESPN networks starting between 8pm and 1030pm ET

Seems like the best bet at this point

I don’t see how being on Amazon for one singular game a week does anything for the league. May as well just focus on trying to grow out P12N by consolidating the regional networks they have and getting on the streaming providers like YouTube, Hulu, etc

I wonder if Stadium Sports could come into play here too at this point. Regardless- it looks bleak.
I wouldn't count on anything from Stadium/Bally/Diamond Sports. They didn't pay the $140m interest payment and are in the grace period before bankruptcy. Pro team owners are and should be concerned about this. In fact a note went out to IATSE members about this just this week. It included this little gem... While there are no assurances of what will happen if Diamond Sports Group does declare bankruptcy, most signs at this moment point to the regions carrying on business as usual.

Here's more on this... Diamond Sports Group's Problems Could Trigger Demise of RSN's

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't count on anything from Stadium/Bally/Diamond Sports. They didn't pay the $140m interest payment and are in the grace period before bankruptcy. Pro team owners are and should be concerned about this. In fact a note went out to IATSE members about this just this week. It included this little gem... While there are no assurances of what will happen if Diamond Sports Group does declare bankruptcy, most signs at this moment point to the regions carrying on business as usual.

Here's more on this... Diamond Sports Group's Problems Could Trigger Demise of RSN's
Yeah I didn’t realize Stadium was owned by Sinclair- big no go on that front then

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s possible at this point for the PAC 12 Network to be distributed nationwide. If it were possible, it would have happened with top brands USC and UCLA in the conference. It hasn’t happened since the launch date of August 15, 2012….over a decade ago.

The networks best hope is for ESPN, FOX, Amazon or Apple to take it over. I think it’s more likely to cease operating than for a takeover.

Reaction Score
I hope the big east doesn’t run into problems with their media rights negotiations… i know fox had added more basketball content with the big 12.. but im hoping Amazon and Apple would and maybe NBC CBS would bid on our media rights

Maybe Fox is behind the B12/BE rumors. One can only hope.

Reaction Score
Nice!!!!… hopefully big tv ratings for both the men and women… and of course.. both Uconn teams win…the Villanova game is sold out at Villanova…uconn joining the big east has really helped the women basketball in the big east

Reaction Score
We are? I think we need more than one 6-7, season to make that claim. I like how we are trending. Finally seems like there is a plan in place.

basketball times 2, baseball, and a bowl game. I expect more from football next year, now that we have Mora

Reaction Score
basketball times 2, baseball, and a bowl game. I expect more from football next year, now that we have Mora
All great points, but realignment has been all about FB to date. Feel like everything else is ancillary. May be it is changing with the Big 12 commissioner's talk of basketball being undervalued. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
If basketball mattered (significantly) to realignment, UConn would've already been into a "P5" conference.

I'd argue that UConn proving they could be a streaming "bell-cow" driving subscriptions to a service might be the next difference maker (and a way to make the ability to monetize "secondary" sports (women's basketball, baseball, ice hockey, etc)) for a new era of streaming and provide a vehicle for those streaming providers to earn extra value outside of the primary (football majority/small piece of men's basketball) sports.. that could provide UConn with a path that can bolster a strong men's basketball program and a football program that needs to return to where it was 12 seasons ago.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All great points, but realignment has been all about FB to date. Feel like everything else is ancillary. May be it is changing with the Big 12 commissioner's talk of basketball being undervalued. Fingers crossed.
I doubt that it's changing. He was speaking that way because he knows if hoops is even reasonably close in relative value the B-12 would be in great shape. As it isn't, being a quality hoops conference does little more than allow them to fight for scraps with other conferences.

Reaction Score
We will find out what college basketball is worth in about a year…if negotiations go smoothly between the big east and FOX…if not, then about two years when the big east opens up negotiations with other media outlets

Reaction Score
I doubt that it's changing. He was speaking that way because he knows if hoops is even reasonably close in relative value the B-12 would be in great shape. As it isn't, being a quality hoops conference does little more than allow them to fight for scraps with other conferences.
Yeah, probability is on your side here.

Reaction Score
Not entirely true. Football has been a big part of it, but TV markets have driven many of the decisions.

And then there’s Louisville, which the ACC football schools picked out of spite. But we don’t have to revisit that one.

Reaction Score
Not entirely true. Football has been a big part of it, but TV markets have driven many of the decisions.

And then there’s Louisville, which the ACC football schools picked out of spite. But we don’t have to revisit that one.

And don‘t forget the possibility of partial revenue share to start. In B12, Basketball will be great, Baseball too. Then we should be able to right the ship in football given time, not 12-0, but 5-8 wins regularly, with the potential for a UConn breakout in a single year. The extra money help with retention of Mora and his staff. I think we are getting closer, fingers crossed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom