Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a sacrifice. This will not work out. Ollie coaching style is let shabazz go one on one. Look at fluidity with coach like Hurley on offense. He’s got his name back out there he knows it’s sacrifice. I wish best but realistic he’s holdover coach so when they don’t make playoffs owners can say Ollie was coach

Reaction Score
Here's what matters to me, and why I think KO should be coaching - he kept together a bunch of guys who had nothing to play for other than pride. And the next year he won an NC with those guys. I don't care whose recruits they were.

I still say the divorce really screwed with his head and priorities.
I always thought the National Championship was his undoing. He probably never would've been able to run the program the way it should be run long term without it but I think his head and priorities got screwed up after he won it all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I've never seen singularly anyone more exiled, vilified, who's had so much resentment towards them from a fan base after winning a title somewhere, and of course of it's this fan base (us). Like/than Kevin Ollie. It's pretty disappointing.

Yeah he ultimately sucked, but he's still a Husky. I hope they mend that someday and have him come back. Infact im calling it now, when they have the 2014 team reunite in a decade...

The same fans that hate Ollie have moved on to shredding Donny Marshall every game he calls.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Per me è morto.

Reaction Score
How would you handle it if your boss set you up for a recruiting violation that would result in a show cause penalty, then fired you, then tried to screw you out of $10 million?

I know I would make life as unpleasant as possible for anyone that tried to do that to me. Ollie had every right to be pissed about it.
I would like to revise my prior post. I hate Kevin Ollie because he acted in the way nelsonmuntz would act if he was in same situation. Forget that racism stuff I mentioned.

Reaction Score
Maybe he can give Daniel Hamilton another chance , he probably would have been a first round pick with Hurley.

Shabazz played in the NBA guess who coached him up?? Boatright turned out pretty good too just not an NBA body. But let’s name the one guy who underachieving right? How did Daniel do with NBA coaching after he left UConn? Hilarious nice attempt!

Good for KO, hope he’s successful. I like coaches who win National Championships here. I don’t like the ones who lose their focus so there is some due criticism but everyone deserves another chance!

Reaction Score
He won a championship here.
And as a player played a significant role in why we’re able to be spoiled and arrogant.

Bazz and boat stayed in part to Ollie being the coach. He led some incredible moments that we as a fanbase will always owe him thanks for.

What he did afterwards was an embarrassment to himself more than anyone. We don’t need to lead this crusade against the man any longer.

We ended up in a more than fine position with a more than fine coach. Let the hate go

Reaction Score
And as a player played a significant role in why we’re able to be spoiled and arrogant.

Bazz and boat stayed in part to Ollie being the coach. He led some incredible moments that we as a fanbase will always owe him thanks for.

What he did afterwards was an embarrassment to himself more than anyone. We don’t need to lead this crusade against the man any longer.

We ended up in a more than fine position with a more than fine coach. Let the hate go

This is well stated, perfect. Deserves both for being a Husky player as well as a very good coach both assistant and HC. But daggers for what he did? Absolutely but let it go.

Reaction Score
We live in a simulation…

If this works out, congrats and best of luck to Coach Ollie. Maybe he impresses enough to land the (or any) full time role this offseason
I'm pretty sure he was already an assistant on the Detroit coaching staff.

Reaction Score
The university amateur-houred his departure trying to do things on the cheap rather than on the up and up. He's not the only culprit in the mess. In any case hope he has continued success because he's a Bleed Blue husky.

Reaction Score
Here's what matters to me, and why I think KO should be coaching - he kept together a bunch of guys who had nothing to play for other than pride. And the next year he won an NC with those guys. I don't care whose recruits they were.

I still say the divorce really screwed with his head and priorities.
And the difficulty of that achievement has rarely been fully appreciated. If we fall off a cliff at that point, the program may have been finished.

Reaction Score
I always thought the National Championship was his undoing. He probably never would've been able to run the program the way it should be run long term without it but I think his head and priorities got screwed up after he won it all.
I think the family issues were his real undoing. I can sympathize with that, but he let it take his focus off his job. If he was an accountant or something in life, he'd get a pass, but when you're in a high visibility job and nearly destroying the program. I loved him as a player and anger fades with time, but I'm not ready to let go yet. I don't wish ill on him, but don't wish for success either. He turned his back on his alma mater like he was never a player here, so I choose to acknowledge his wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom