Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ollie's legacy here is a complicated one that certainly leaves room for some bitterness, resentment, and feelings of betrayal. What I've never understood are those who take it farther than that. People are going to disappoint you sometimes. That's life.

If Dan Hurley stops recruiting tomorrow (which is really what people mean when they say he stopped doing his job), I'm not going to say he shouldn't still be paid his contract. That's not how the free market works.

Reaction Score
Should I be cheering for Ollie because he was so bad we had to fire him and he cost us $11,000,000? Because I'm not.

Yes, I am happy Hurley is our coach and we won a natty. Duh. So I wouldn't go back in time and change things if I could I guess.

That doesn't mean I can't wish a heaping pile of blowout losses and more professional embarrassment on our old friend Kevin. He was both a terrible coach, a bad role model, and a s---y person while he was here. I can deal with being a poor coach; the rest of it was pathetic.
I tend to think it’s not this serious. He won us #4 and then was a bad program builder. Because of this he was subsequently fired. We don’t need to wish ill on the man. We’re doing just fine. We’re way too successful and happy to come across as bitter exes. It’s time we move on. He has.

Congrats KO and thank you for #4. Go Huskies

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I always hear about how “KO runs his offense” but from what I remember it was just a bunch of pickup beat your man basketball? I couldn’t imagine KO running the caliber of offense Hurley runs now.
The 2014 offense was beautiful and the guard play was mostly elite throughout his time here. Don’t think it’s the offense we see now, but it was good nonetheless.

It was a bad ending. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that the 2014 run was one of the most impressive coaching performances of all time.

Reaction Score
Lol at some of these replies. The NBA game and the college game are drastically different. Ollie is more suited for the NBA as he was a veteran for 13 years. I think he’ll do a great job.

If Ollie has success it’s that much better for our program. Why people hope he fails is beyond me. Do I like how he left? No, but that ship has sailed.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Breakups in life never go well. In almost any way. I think we would all chip in the cash for another banner if they only cost 11mm each.

He won us a Natty and was a great 4 year player for us. Period. Lots of great coaches would kill for that.

He is family, let the breakup go, it’s been long enough.

Congrats KO, I for one look forward to giving you a standing O when you come back to Gampel.

Reaction Score
Good for him but he left this program to rot so I apologize if I’m not his biggest cheerleader. Thank goodness for Daniel Hurley.
I'm still not sure what caused him to leave (some recruiting violations come to mind) but it's kind of harsh not to wish him well in future endeavors.

Reaction Score
Breakups in life never go well. In almost any way. I think we would all chip in the cash for another banner if they only cost 11mm each.

He won us a Natty and was a great 4 year player for us. Period. Lots of great coaches would kill for that.

He is family, let the breakup go, it’s been long enough.

Congrats KO, I for one look forward to giving you a standing O when you come back to Gampel.
That would be a cool moment.

It’s time for healing.

He’s done way more good for the program we all love than he’s done bad.

Time to let it go.

Reaction Score
Truth is, a lot happened w Ko. Some really good, some really bad. In the end, it probably doesn’t help either side to alienate this dude. I say it’s time to make up.

caw

Reaction Score
But why dig it up now?

It’s like the bitter ex who airs all the dirty laundry after a break up

The fan base comes across looking bad.

At this point, I agree. Who cares. It's done and dusted. He was booted years ago. Hope he has turned his life around now.

Reaction Score
It's well known around the state what he did behind the scenes. And there's more most folks don't know.
Sorry I don didn’t follow this Ollie story in depth. What did he do with Calhoun and what did he do behind the scenes to rub people the wrong way? I know the last few years with him we couldn’t get any good players. And there was something with recruiting and an assistant coach (Glenn miller)? Thanks for rehashing this for me

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Here's what matters to me, and why I think KO should be coaching - he kept together a bunch of guys who had nothing to play for other than pride. And the next year he won an NC with those guys. I don't care whose recruits they were.

I still say the divorce really screwed with his head and priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom